Other BMW Models Talk about all the other BMW models here.

X6 Video leaked

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 10:20 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New X6 video leaked.

Link:
http://jalopnik.com/cars/bmw-x6/bmw-x6-in-...show-334378.php
Old 12-15-2007, 10:31 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Check out the comments below the video.

"Because the Aztek really needed Bangle's design touch."
Old 12-15-2007, 10:43 PM
Senior Members

By the way, the V8 version has twin-turbos!

"Superior engine dynamics in both the xDrive35i and xDrive50i.

Through its superior suspension technology, the BMW X6 is able to convert all the power of the engine safely and consistently into driving dynamics under virtually all conditions and on all kinds of surfaces. And the engines available in the first Sports Activity Coupe set standards themselves in terms of muscular performance, superior running smoothness, and outstanding efficiency in their respective class. Both the xDrive35i and xDrive50i feature Twin Turbo technology engines, representing the latest in state of the art engine technology-with the power range extending from 300 hp to 400 hp.

The BMW X6 xDrive50i is powered by an all-new eight-cylinder, while the BMW X6 xDrive35i features the most powerful straight-six within the engine portfolio of Germany's leading premium car maker. The performance characteristics and efficiency for both of these engines benefits from the exclusive combination of Twin Turbo technology and High Precision Injection available only from BMW. The principle of combining two turbochargers and direct gasoline injection applied for the first time on the straight-six is now also to be admired on the new V8."

"A class of its own: The new eight-cylinder with Twin Turbo Technology.

With Ultimate Driving Performance as the most important feature-this applies to BMW's X Models and to BMW's eight-cylinder engines-the BMW X6 is adding an incomparably dynamic variant to the line-up of BMW X Models, with the world's first Sports Activity Coupe boasting a particularly sporting and dynamic eight-cylinder.

Displacing 4.4 liters, the new V8 engine with Twin Turbo technology and direct gasoline injection (High Precision Injection) develops maximum output of 400 hp throughout a broad range of engine speed from 5,500-6,400 rpm. Engine torque reaches its peak of 450 lb-ft throughout an unusually large speed range from 1,800-4,500 rpm. The spontaneous, intense and long-lasting thrust generated in this way is the result of Twin Turbo technology already featured on BMW's most powerful straight-six combined with High Precision Injection. The cooling effect of direct fuel injection also ensures a compression ratio quite unusual on a turbocharged engine, helping to give the engine an even higher level of all-round efficiency.

The position of the turbochargers and catalytic converters in the V-section between the two rows of cylinders is likewise an innovation in technology allowing particularly compact engine dimensions and at the same time requiring new configuration of the intake and exhaust ducts. This means shorter intake and exhaust manifolds and larger cross-sections significantly reducing pressure losses on both the intake and exhaust side.

The all-aluminum V8 engine developed for the BMW X6 offers all the qualities typical of an eight-cylinder in incomparably sporting style. In practice, this means a combination of superior torque at low engine speeds with an ongoing surge of power and performance up to the higher speed range.

The BMW X6 xDrive50i accelerates from 0-60 mph in just 5.3 seconds and boasts ample power reserves for exceptional acceleration also at higher speeds. When equipped with the optional 20 inch wheels with performance tires, the top speed is a truly impressive 155 mph limited electronically by the engine control unit."
Old 12-16-2007, 07:19 AM
Contributors

Interesting. I like the look of the face ... need to see that rear in person to judge if it's too much. Overall, not a bad looker.

But who is this thing for?

Love the new twin-turbo V8! That's going to be a beast with after-market tuning.
Old 12-16-2007, 07:35 AM
ipp
Senior Members

My Ride: 07' 530d - M-Sport - Titanium Silver / Black Dakota leather 08' 120i - M-Sport - Alpine White III / Black Sensatec

I noticed this display. Does the E60/E61 with x-drive have it too?
Attached Thumbnails X6 Video leaked-picture.jpg  
Old 12-16-2007, 08:24 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

I like the looks and engine but I don't see why................ No trunk room. iffy rear seat space I know it's all coupey and everything but I just don't see the reason............... it's like the BMW marketing department concluded that there was" a hole in the market" but I personally don't see much of a" market in that hole"..........looking forward to seeing it though
Old 12-16-2007, 11:02 AM
Contributors

To be built in South Carolina. Available in the U.S. starting April 19, 2008.
Attached Files
Old 12-16-2007, 12:46 PM
Senior Members

We can all hope the twin-turbo V8 finds its way into the next 5-series, tuners will have a lot of fun with this power-plant.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:55 PM
Senior Members

Ummm...the pedals push to chage gear? Why not pul? Or it works perfectly with both? I find it awkward to push it to change gear.
Old 12-17-2007, 06:47 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 530i M-sports package, carbon black,Beige leather dakota, Steptronic, active steering, anti-theft alarm, sunblinds for rear window and back seat window, interior and exterior mirror with anti-dazzel function, poplar brown dark, comfort seats, PDC, extended lights package, Hi-Fi loudspeakers, Innovation Package (contains Xenon, Headlight washers, adaptive headlights, Comfort access), automatic air-conditioning, professional radio, individual high gloss satine chrome,Sunroof

Also this article from worldcarfans

http://www.worldcarfans.com/9071216.001/bm...w-v8-twin-turbo

Quick Reply: X6 Video leaked