Other BMW Models Talk about all the other BMW models here.

Well, here she is...2011 E90, M3 sedan

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 06:33 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mel in the M3!

Have fun! Can you post a pic of that start/stop button? And what is the button down in the bar under the DVD drive? New M3 doesn't have HUD does it?
Old 11-03-2010, 07:08 PM
Contributors

Wow Mel! She's a beauty & a beast Very happy for you.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:15 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by Krozi
Mel in the M3!

Have fun! Can you post a pic of that start/stop button? And what is the button down in the bar under the DVD drive? New M3 doesn't have HUD does it?
That is the start/stop button. Mine has never been activated...

And no, HUD not an option on the M3.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:18 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by kscarrol
yup, and it looks like the light is lit on mel's auto start/stop button = not activated
Old 11-03-2010, 07:52 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

And no, HUD not an option on the M3.
Ahhh I thought so. And good, please continue to keep it deactivated

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
yup, and it looks like the light is lit on mel's auto start/stop button = not activated
Hahaha please do keep it off Gene or I might get another infraction on M3Post
Old 11-04-2010, 05:01 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Awesome Mel!! But one thing, get that coffee cup off the trunk...
lol I had to put it down reaaaal quick.. lol..

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
she's getting ready to test the launch capability of the e90 m3 trunk vs. the e60 trunk :
lol, lemme tell you, that 550 trunk can break a nose! This one, not so.. it just pops up a little and unlocks. Before with my other car I had to tell my kids "step back, watch your face!!! " every SINGLE TIME! LOLOLOL

Originally Posted by Rudy
She's going to need launch control to get that car through those boards so she can park it in the garage...
Either that, or maybe she's going to test the launch capability against the braking capability of the E60. She can launch the M3 with the coffee on the trunk and, if she does it right, Joe can quickly pull up in the 550i and stop just in time for the cup to end up on the trunk!
Come on Mel, get the video camera out and let's see you and Joe try! It's guaranteed to go viral on YouTube!!
Lol, hilarious, we had that there cause I painted the garage floor on halloween, so we lifted the door off the floor and I dont want any little animals thinking my garage is there new home, lol..

Originally Posted by v_therussian
hmm a race between an AW E60 550i m-sport and an AW E90 M3 I predict this to be THE thread of the season.

When you hit that 1200 miles mark, give me a holler and we can meet at FBF - I'll film and take pics, you and Joe behind the wheels of M and 550. Then you switch I'm in... Who's coming with me? :
Dont you even know Ive already thought about it. Im dying to do it! DYING! I can totally feel the torque difference right off the bat, my 550 just feels like it has more torque (to me anyway). I also think its too damm quiet and im having a serious case of RPI withdrawal, im not even kidding. I do like the sound of the whistling that you kinda sorta hear. Its sweet sounding, but way to quiet for me.I miss my car, im not going to lie. I say "hi" to her in the driveway when Joe gets home, I can hear him pull up .. not me yet though
Im going to do a few more cosmetic mods, but the major one im waiting for will be music to my ears

That start/stop button was shown to me at the dealer, after he showed it to me I said "dont ever do that again!" lol. Im still playing with it, we spoke with the sos button dude. Thats pretty cool too, would you believe on the 550 we never activated it? Im not kidding.. I have yet to read the manuals as ive been a little under the weather lately, and today and tomorrow its pouring out. But I cant wait to play with the engine moreThanks for all the well wishes everyone and the texts I SOOO appreciate it and its a great feeling knowing that I have you guys here.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:29 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by melimel
....would you believe on the 550 we never activated it? Im not kidding..
You wanna laugh? I never activated mine either! I'll probably do it on the new car though since I think it has to be active to be able to use some of the new stuff.

Hey...what's the deal on the start/stop button? Did I miss something or is this just one of those things that only people that belong to the M3 club are allowed to know about??
Old 11-04-2010, 05:39 AM
Contributors

My Ride: '10 Switzer "Ultimate Street Edition" GT-R

I love the picture that shows the gauges!!! 98 miles on the car and only half a tank of gas left!!!
Old 11-04-2010, 06:19 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by Rudy
Hey...what's the deal on the start/stop button? Did I miss something or is this just one of those things that only people that belong to the M3 club are allowed to know about??
somone's not feeling too super now huh?

from the press release regarding new features post-september (however some vehicles as early as July had this feature)

"Finally, BMW?s Auto Stop-Start feature becomes standard on the M3 with September production. Auto Start-Stop is a BMW EfficientDynamics fuel saving measure previously unavailable in the US except on ActiveHybrid models. Auto Stop-Start will automatically stop the engine when the transmission is placed in Neutral and the clutch is released. The engine will immediately restart as soon as the clutch is depressed. The system is driver selectable and will only function once the engine is up to operating temperature and the ambient temperature is between 37 Degrees F and 85 Degrees F."

from a member posting on m3posts (M-DCT):

"For those that don't know what happens bascically everytime you get a red light or come to a stop by putting your foot on the brake the engine will stop for the 15-40 seconds until the light goes green or you are ready to resume driving. You then take your foot off the brake and the engine starts up again as you accelerate off."

supposedly with M-DCT this feature only work in D modes, not S modes....not sure about that tho (yet )
Old 11-04-2010, 06:22 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Thanks for supercharging me again...

Quick Reply: Well, here she is...2011 E90, M3 sedan