Other BMW Models Talk about all the other BMW models here.

Spinners

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 06:34 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530i Built Nov 06 Silver Grey with Black Leather Steptronic Automatic Tranmission Premium Package Navigation System Sirius Satellite Red Reflectors :-)

It looked interesting when I first saw it but now it looks like crap when I see it again. And no, not for bmw. :thumbsdown:
Old 04-19-2006, 11:50 AM
Members

My Ride: An 1994 Ashamed-Mobile Partially Loaded, Leather. Radioless, Heatless, Gas-needleless.

Originally Posted by iceman316' post='270957' date='Apr 19 2006, 05:36 AM
Lets all put spinners on and go buy some grillz so when we smile our teeth would be bling bling too..
Uhhhhhhhhh no.
Old 04-19-2006, 11:17 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E60 Limo with M-Sport package(m5 mirrors,m5 trunk finisher,m172 summer wheels,blk front grills,m5 paddle shift kit(my530i),m pedal covers,m floor mats, E87 2005 The Misses car E39 2002 Touring with M-Sport package/family wagon(gone but not forgotten)

:thumbsdown: they just look like crap on the X5
Old 04-20-2006, 12:31 AM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Spinner = Hippies or Druggies

So they wouldn't go on my car :thumbsdown:

And Dickens

Thanks for the article, really interesting.
Old 04-20-2006, 09:04 AM
Members

My Ride: An 1994 Ashamed-Mobile Partially Loaded, Leather. Radioless, Heatless, Gas-needleless.

Originally Posted by AC_S5' post='271587' date='Apr 20 2006, 08:31 AM
Spinner = Hippies or Druggies

So they wouldn't go on my car :thumbsdown:

And Dickens

Thanks for the article, really interesting.
No problem, Interesting fact to find out that the Rolls Royce Phantom comes standard with a set.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:51 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Dickens' post='271752' date='Apr 20 2006, 06:04 PM
No problem, Interesting fact to find out that the Rolls Royce Phantom comes standard with a set.
I can't see any spinners (and I'm sure the queen doesn't have em )

But it DOES have michelin runflats, a 6.7 litre V12, 453bhp and 720nm of torque.

0-60 in 5.7 seconds and an unladen weight of 2.5 metric tonnes.
Old 04-21-2006, 03:27 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW 535d

Not a supporter of spinners myself...
Old 04-23-2006, 06:23 AM
Members

Originally Posted by needforspeed' post='271801' date='Apr 20 2006, 06:51 PM
I can't see any spinners (and I'm sure the queen doesn't have em )

But it DOES have michelin runflats, a 6.7 litre V12, 453bhp and 720nm of torque.

0-60 in 5.7 seconds and an unladen weight of 2.5 metric tonnes.
Not as in actual spinners, but a form of a spinner. Did you check out the link I provided above? Incase you missed it, its designed to keep the Rolls Royce logo located on the center of the wheel vertical. How tacky would that be...a Rolls with dub spinners. Next thing you know you'll be telling me that people actually drive them instead of the hired help! To avoid searching for the link, I did a cut and paste for you, check it out...

Spinner (wheel)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A spinner is an automotive accessory, popular with the hip-hop community.
Spinners are wheel covers which spin independently of the wheel itself when the brakes are applied. This is achieved by using a roller bearing. Typically, the spinners are attached onto existing custom wheels, but there are a couple of exceptions; Dub Spinners and Omega Spinners are the most notable. Being an attachment to the car's rim, spinners operate by using a roller bearing to isolate the spinner from the wheel, allowing it to turn while the wheel is at rest. The spinner's own momentum helps it overcome what little friction is transmitted through the bearing. When the car is in motion, the small amount of friction transmitted through the bearing gets the spinner in motion.
The invention of the spinner is attributed to David Fowlkes Jr. Fowlkes graduated from Rufus King High School in Milwaukee, Wisconsin before moving on to the Minneapolis College of Art and Design when he was 17. With a sketch and a prototype Fowlkes created the first spinner for a design project in 1990. The prototype then remained stored until 1998 when Fowlkes was working at Reebok and met his future business partners, Hank Seemore, and Ian Hardman. Together the three formed Davin Wheels with a $250,000 loan from the Rhode Island Economic Development Corp.
Spinners were then introduced to the public at the Los Angeles Auto Show. When Davin Wheels was unable to obtain a booth at the Auto Show, they were invited to join another vendor at the show, Latrell Sprewell's Sprewell Racing. For this reason spinners are sometimes also called sprewells.
Davin Wheels holds the only patent (U.S. Patent 6554370) for the spinning technology, called the continuous motion wheel.
Spinners were popularized by the 2003 Three 6 Mafia single "Ridin' Spinners," and other popular songs by Nelly, and 50 Cent, Master P, DJ Quik, Redman, Baby and Nelly. Multiple music videos have featured the use of spinners. Spinners have also been features in many television shows including MTV's "Cribs," ESPN's "The Life," BET's "How I'm Living," and "NBA Inside Stuff." Spinners have been further popularized by many celebrities who use them including, Latrell Sprewell, Hulk Hogan, Shaquille O'Neal, Busta Rhymes, Donovan McNabb, and Allen Iverson.
The prestigious Rolls-Royce Phantom has spinners of a sort - the 'RR' logo in the center of the hub is mounted on a spinner with an offset weight designed to ensure that the logo is always the right way up when the car is parked.[i]
In late 2004, special basketball shoes called Sprees, by DaDa Footware, featuring a minaturized spinner rim became available.

Enjoy
Old 04-23-2006, 06:30 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Dickens' post='272976' date='Apr 23 2006, 03:23 PM
The prestigious Rolls-Royce Phantom has spinners of a sort - the 'RR' logo in the center of the hub is mounted on a spinner with an offset weight designed to ensure that the logo is always the right way up when the car is parked.[i]
Not really spinners though ??

Imagine the social stigma if the RR emblems on your phantom were the wrong way up when your chauffer parked it..

Old 04-23-2006, 06:39 AM
Contributors

My Ride: MY RIDE is DA real .-) HAMANN 5 aka BLACK MAMBA born on 16/06/2005/delivered on 05/08/2005 as following: 530dA (steptronic), Black II (JET), leather Dakota auburn black, mapple trim, head-up display, dynamic drive, active steering, adaptive xenon headlights (auto levelling) with headlight washers, alarm, comfort seats with massage function, advanced A/C, big compartment armrest, aux-in, MP3, Logic 7, Radio PRO, CD in-dash+cd changer, power rear sunshades, rear airbags, park distance control, auto dimming folding mirrors, smoking package, shiny shadow line (individual), fold down rear seats, ski bag, sport suspension, run flats on �116-style� rims (Good Year NCT5+), cup holders, debadged, fire extinguishers, additional permanent power outlet, BMW coat hanger, trunk release button (installed by Hobi), GPS tracking device and a big thx 2 Iceman. Mods done: � Authentic HAMANN FRONT APRON Including ellipsoid fog lights Item-No.: 10 060 110 � Authentic HAMANN REAR SPOILER Item-No.: 10 060 130, � Authentic HAMANN HAMANN ALUMINIUM PEDALS For cars with manual gearbox Item-No.: 80 099 100 81,00 For cars with automatic transmission Item-No.: 80 099 120 � Authentic HAMANN FOOT REST In aluminium For left-hand drive vehicles Item No. : 80 099 122 � Authentic HAMANN HAND-BRAKE LEVER In aluminium For left- and right-hand drive cars Item No. : 80 099 216 � Authentic HAMANN Idrive of alu (sorry this is the only one in the World) but you can have it in carbon fiber , � Authentic HAMANN EXCLUSIVE FLOORMAT SET In black with HAMANN logo in silver For left-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 120 For right-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 � Authentic HAMANN COVER FOR OIL FILLER CAP In aluminium Item-No.: 80 099 117 � Authentic HAMANN SPORT REAR MUFFLER 4 TAILPIPES Sport rear muffler with four round stainless-steel tailpipes ( � 76mm ) Item-No.: 50 060 111 � Authentic HAMANN new add-on for M pack rear with diffusor for quad pipes -AVAILABLE NOW (http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=ST&f=22&t=30630&st=0#entry332409) � ///M steering wheel w Pegasus logo (this will be also changed to three spoke sports) � ///M pack rear � HAMANN ECU upgrade 265 HP 608 Nm. most improtant: �real and working like a charm forumsbuy real LED tails and PIAA 4700k fogs!!! for HAMANN full front apron you need H3 � CustomAngels, Angel Eyes Brighter than stocks 10X, WHITE & (REd for shows). � Authentic HAMANN LIGHT-ALLOY WHEELS DESIGN EDITION RACE 20" Ultra-light forged 3-pieced light-alloy wheel, Cross-spoke-design,Spider in black, titanium, screwing,polished flange DIMENSIONS : 9.0 J x 20 FA Item No.: 91 207 315 10.5 J x 20 only RA Item No.: 91 207 625 Recommended 20" Complete Wheel Set DESIGN EDITION RACE I went with most aggressive Combination A.10 FA 9.0 J x 20 / RA 10.5 J x 20 with tires: FA 245/30 ZR 20 / RA 285/25 ZR 20 � Authentic HAMANN LOWERING KIT 4 progressive sport springs Lowering by approx. 40 mm FA, 20 mm RA Item-No.: 20 060 125 � Authentic HAMANN TIRE - PRESSURE CHECK SENSOR SYSTEM � Authentic HAMANN SIDE SILLS Item-No.: 10 060 120 � Authentic HAMANN REAL CF ROOF SPOLIER Item-No.: 10 060 235 � Authentic HAMANN AIRBAG SPORT STEERING WHEEL 3-SPOKE Three-spoke design w their SMG paddles (For assembly O.E. airbag in exchange) � Authentic HAMANN sports mirrors (all functions) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and of course !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! E60.net Clings Still to do list;-): � Our Hobi's camera system from : ww.switchchange.com). � Individual leather interior (auburn+auburn alcantara)... and drive with sheer drivin' pleasure ... until 2009/2010 F10 comes or E60 possibly a 540d V8 diesel early in 2009 badly juiced!

Originally Posted by needforspeed' post='272978' date='Apr 23 2006, 04:30 PM
Not really spinners though ??

Imagine the social stigma if the RR emblems on your phantom were the wrong way up when your chauffer parked it..

BMW roundels on the wheels should work the same way as the RR.

When I firsts saw the spinners on H2s and Escalades in Hip Hop movies, I liked it, that is only for show, that is why i is so chromed and BLINGed out. BLING is not bad, just not for the BMW.

BUT for me the chrome around your windows are also "like" BLING shadowline

Quick Reply: Spinners