Other BMW Models Talk about all the other BMW models here.

Spinners

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2006, 05:07 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

Originally Posted by needforspeed' post='269232' date='Apr 14 2006, 05:10 PM
Guy who lives near me has got black x5 with blacked out windows and 'spinners' like the ones shown in this pic:

Can someone explain to me - WHY ?
I suppose he is a pimp or ....hmmm how to say without an insult..... simply you can tell he is the owner of the car when he walks by, right?
Old 04-15-2006, 05:48 AM
Senior Members

Spinners =
Old 04-15-2006, 05:55 AM
Members

This is sad! Here I am thinking the world is making progress and this happens. Interesting how prevalent stereotypes are in the world (sad but interesting). Am I to conclude that PIMPS and DRUG DEALERS are the only ones that buy spinners? Or am I to conclude that only THOSE types of people like to bring attention to their cars?

I do not have spinners (personally not my style) but I do not judge of condemn others because they do, to each his own. I have a crazy idea needforspeed, why not walk down to neighbors house one day and strike up a conversation about his wheels and see WHY he likes them?

For the others that on the thread, maybe we need to spend a little less time watching TV and listening to news and actually meet a few people. Or is it easier to do drive by opinions on others? Is it fair to group everybody into a certain category due to stereotypes?

In that case, some say BMW owners are stuck up, arrogant preps.

Just my two cents... :'(

B2
Old 04-15-2006, 09:20 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

Originally Posted by B2round' post='269447' date='Apr 15 2006, 08:55 AM
This is sad! Here I am thinking the world is making progress and this happens. Interesting how prevalent stereotypes are in the world (sad but interesting). Am I to conclude that PIMPS and DRUG DEALERS are the only ones that buy spinners? Or am I to conclude that only THOSE types of people like to bring attention to their cars?

I do not have spinners (personally not my style) but I do not judge of condemn others because they do, to each his own. I have a crazy idea needforspeed, why not walk down to neighbors house one day and strike up a conversation about his wheels and see WHY he likes them?

For the others that on the thread, maybe we need to spend a little less time watching TV and listening to news and actually meet a few people. Or is it easier to do drive by opinions on others? Is it fair to group everybody into a certain category due to stereotypes?

In that case, some say BMW owners are stuck up, arrogant preps.

Just my two cents... :'(

B2
nice phylosphy about people and different taste.... I agree with you that people should not be judged just "by their clothes"..............in general......................but in some cases I guess we are "allowed" to have a little prejudice when obvious......

and our judging was: spinners on nice BMW=ugly=no taste=ego=wanna be=look at me=pimp
Old 04-16-2006, 04:20 AM
Members

My Ride: 530i Touring, M Sport, build date 10/05, Silver Grey, Black leather, Maple Anthracite, Anthracite roof lining, panorama roof, M Aerodynamic, M Steering wheel, M Sport suspension, sport seats, shadow line, 135 M wheels, Goodyear NCT 5 runflats, and some other stuff too.

Nearly as bad as the clear tail lights some people have on their 5's :thumbsdown:
Old 04-16-2006, 04:37 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Numero Uno in Richmond Va 04 530 6 speed, jet black, black dakota leather, xenons, red rear reflectors, 545 front grill, cold weather package, premium package, staggered 19 inch BBS rxII/michelins, H&R coilovers and intergrated, R1 concept drilled an
Model Year: 2004
Engine: 530i

I have personally seen spinners on all types of cars from neons to Ford Tempos and with all ages from old man and women of wich were caucassion, to Mexicans with the cheezy plastic hub cap spinners that go the wrong way at a light because the wind is blowing. Spinners though not my thing if you people are going to put them on the car at least get the real ones that spin on the inside and not the add on ones on the outside. Gaudiness has no color line anymore just a mindset. just my 0.02 worth
Old 04-16-2006, 08:37 AM
Members

Now I will buy that for $1 !
Old 04-18-2006, 11:29 AM
Members

My Ride: An 1994 Ashamed-Mobile Partially Loaded, Leather. Radioless, Heatless, Gas-needleless.

This by far is the funniest thread on the forum. Heres my shillings worth, I like the illusion that the car is still moving well after it has stopped. BUT ONLY ON CERTAIN VEHICLES. Like large american SUV's (which I would never own, I hate SUV's) I don't like the price of spinners either. EXPENSIVE for wheels. On a bimmer not even cool. Chrome either while were at it, but hey to each his own.

I don't like the fact that some idiot tried to sue because they were looking at the vehicle with the spinners and smashed the car in front of them. Or what about making them illegal due to a rock being deflected and smashing a windshield! There are some dangers to these things, especially if you have kids. Or a silly adult like myself. A friend of a friend of a friend had them on his Camaro out in Hawaii. My first time seeing them, so I asked if I could touch them, "sure" he said. Like the "Price is Right" I gave 'em a good spin. Thought to myself cool, and stupidly tried to stop them with my hand...I almost lost a finger or two. It hurt like the Dickens. !!!! I will never do that again....nor would I own them.

Lastly, Spinners are targeted at the younger crowd, no matter what type of job they have, ethnicity, or any other thing for that matter.

Check out the pricing
http://www.discountedwheelwarehouse.com/Sp..._Piece_Rims.cfm
I hate wikipedia for this one.....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spinner_(wheel)

Enjoy
Dick
Old 04-18-2006, 06:35 PM
Members

haha funny thing is that hes on customangeleyes.com testimonial section
yea spinners and blings dont really match our german cars (i really like em on escalades and range rovers tho)
Old 04-18-2006, 09:36 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 550i White/Black, SMG, Sports Pkg, Comfort Access, Nav, HUD, Satellite Radio, Anthracite Maple Trim 2006 X5 3.0, Black/Black, Sports Pkg, Premium Pkg, Xenon Adaptive Headlight, NAV, Rear Climate Pkg, Anthracite Trim

Lets all put spinners on and go buy some grillz so when we smile our teeth would be bling bling too..

Quick Reply: Spinners