Other BMW Models Talk about all the other BMW models here.

Possible 3 series?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 10:28 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I'm in ze' lookout for something new, and used BMW's fall right into my price range. I'm looking at around $15,000, what would I be able to find around this price?

Personally, I don't like the look of pretty much all E39 5 series (the M5 is the exception). I do however love the look of (most) E46 3 series. While I don't think I'll be able to find a M3 in good condition, would looking at a 3 series sedan (330i) with premium & sport packages be my best option? Power output doesn't really matter for me; as long as the car is reasonably quick I'm happy.

Also, what would be the typical expected upkeep for a car like this? I've never owned anything other than cheap Honda Civic\accords in the past.

EDIT: I just realized that the redesigned 2006 325i\330i is in my price range... I actually like the look of that quite a bit too.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Originally Posted by lowstrife
So I'm in ze' lookout for something new, and used BMW's fall right into my price range. I'm looking at around $15,000, what would I be able to find around this price?

Personally I don't like the look of pretty much all E39 5 series (the M5 is the exception). I do however love the look of (most) E46 3 series. While I don't think I'll be able to find a M3 in good condition, would looking at a 3 series sedan (330i) with premium & sport packages be my best option? Power output doesn't really matter for me; as long as the car is reasonably quick I'm happy.

Any advice?
if u wanna pay out the ass for maintenence, go for it!!!!
Old 08-19-2010, 10:31 AM
Members

Originally Posted by skelevirus
if u wanna pay out the ass for maintenence, go for it!!!!
Lawl yup I just edited to ask that. How much would it be, yearly, @ say 5000-10000 miles\year (I don't DD very far), not including gas?
Old 08-19-2010, 11:39 AM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint

Lawl yup I just edited to ask that. How much would it be, yearly, @ say 5000-10000 miles\year (I don't DD very far), not including gas?
im not sure, its hard to say. but ive told this story before, i had an ac fan go out in my e60 it was covered under cpo, but it woulda cost 3k to fix at the dealer. im not sure what it woulda cost at an indy shop but im sure it woulda been at least 1k. its not the kinda piece u coulda fixed yourself cuz they basically had to rip the whole dash out to replace it. that being said im not trying to discourage u from buying a bmw, but i would consider buying newer or CPO just for that reason alone. BMW's are a rich mans ride and u gotta pay to play. why waste it on 15k 330 when it cost the same to fix the ac fan in an M5? u might as well ball up and get a 335 and start modding. but then theres the HPFP issues....

and so on and so forth
Old 08-19-2010, 11:56 AM
Members

Hmm I see. Well $15,000 is pretty much my budget, while I have much more monthly income, I want to stockpile as much of it as I can (I like having money in the bank). Plus if, for whatever reason, I loose my source of income or car payment, I don't want to be balls deep in a $500+\mo bill.

I currently drive a (manual ) 2001 Civic that is totally paid off, and really want something nicer. There is no way I could afford a 5 series that's in good condition though. For my situation, is BMW even the right choice or should I be looking elsewhere?
Old 08-19-2010, 12:14 PM
Contributors

Hmm I see. Well $15,000 is pretty much my budget, while I have much more monthly income, I want to stockpile as much of it as I can (I like having money in the bank). Plus if, for whatever reason, I loose my source of income or car payment, I don't want to be balls deep in a $500+\mo bill.

I currently drive a (manual ) 2001 Civic that is totally paid off, and really want something nicer. There is no way I could afford a 5 series that's in good condition though. For my situation, is BMW even the right choice or should I be looking elsewhere?
for 15k i would go civic SI imo. or a subi STI. as opposed to the E46, now if u were talkin E46 M3 then i would be like F-YA! just my .02 cents any one else got any feed back?
Old 08-19-2010, 12:15 PM
Contributors

http://autos.yahoo.com/used-cars/hon...da&distance=50
Old 08-19-2010, 12:18 PM
Members

I've considered the Evo & STI, but really it's not my car, nor are those Civics. I drive the 01' Civic now just because it was free, it gets great mileage (35\gal and I never go on the highway), and needs almost zero maintenance other than oil and tire changes.

Any other ideas? I know there is something I'm just not thinking of. I'd love to have at least a V6, because if I'm just going to have some turbo'd I-4, I may as well just stick with my car now and save myself $10,000+.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:22 PM
Contributors

idk man can ur civic do this? keep in mind this subi's stock +rollcage and under armor

Possible 3 series?-ken-block-subaru-sti-.jpg

*edit and studded tires
Old 08-19-2010, 12:24 PM
Contributors

i fucking looooved my 01 civic FYI i had one too, 147k miles!!! bought it at 80k for 4500$ sold it at 147k for 4000$

Quick Reply: Possible 3 series?