Other BMW Models Talk about all the other BMW models here.

The New M3 - 4 doors !!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 02:02 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]
Unhappy

found this articel..... sorry for the language guys but mostly it is about the pictures

http://www.autorevue.cz/Bleskovky/AR.asp?ARI=6051

The new M3 is a 4 door???

but what they say is to: NOTICE THE FRONT HOOD over the engine, it is bigger and higher then series 3 so V8 engine would fit in.

And check out the 4 tail pipes, exhaust....

and the FRONT BRAKES !!!!!!

What do you think? They say it is supposed to be M3 but I would rather say it will be something like 335D ???
Old 07-25-2005, 02:35 AM
Senior Members

It doesnt look like the finished M3 tbh. Thers no grill on the side at the front for starters.

Could be they are just using the current 3 as a testbed to check things like brakes etc. who knows.....
Old 07-25-2005, 02:38 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

Originally Posted by JayJay' date='Jul 25 2005, 05:35 AM
It doesnt look like the finished M3 tbh. Thers no grill on the side at the front for starters.

Could be they are just using the current 3 as a testbed to check things like brakes etc. who knows.....
[snapback]152748[/snapback]
yeah, the article says that they tried to hide it as much as possible and make it look like and ordinary 3 series.....
but yet again, the brakes, engine size (hood), exhaust pipes.... who knows
Old 07-25-2005, 02:38 AM
Senior Members

The followinglink shows the 4 exhausts differently.

http://www.germancarfans.com/spyphotos.cfm...ge/1/bmw/1.html
Old 07-25-2005, 02:40 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Edlee' date='Jul 25 2005, 05:38 AM
The followinglink shows the 4 exhausts differently.?

http://www.germancarfans.com/spyphotos.cfm...ge/1/bmw/1.html
[snapback]152752[/snapback]

cool pic, well that picture is probably with no hide and seek body kit
Old 07-25-2005, 03:53 AM
Senior Members

The German Car Fans pic is just a photoshop that has been doing the rounds for months now. I very much doubt that we will see pics of the "final spec" car with full badging etc until towards the end of 2006 as the model isn't due for launch until 2007. Until then there will continue to be a lot of speculative rumours and more photoshops.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:01 AM
Contributors

My dealer reckons the cz photos are the closest yet mechanically but not to reckon on the bodywork being like that...(except mayby the hood!)

brakes are almost definately M3

good find

DD
Old 07-25-2005, 09:59 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Somehow or where I was under the impression that there is to be a sedan, coupe and cabrio in the M3 stable. Cannot remember my source of disinformation.
Old 07-25-2005, 10:02 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 530d Sport - Carbon Black, Black Dakota Leather, Media Pack (satnav, bluetooth, CD changer), heated font seats, through load

A small M5! Great idea. The M5 always appealed as it's a four door, but the new one is too extreme for everyday driving (15MPG).

A four door V8 M3 sounds perfect.
Old 07-25-2005, 10:13 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by cobradav' date='Jul 25 2005, 12:59 PM
Somehow or where I was under the impression that there is to be a sedan, coupe and cabrio in the M3 stable.? Cannot remember my source of disinformation.
[snapback]152915[/snapback]

its true...there will be all versions, including saloon, in M3 stable

Quick Reply: The New M3 - 4 doors !!!