Other BMW Models Talk about all the other BMW models here.

NEW 3er....We Didnt Get some options in the E60

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2004, 12:42 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by big_ipaq' date='Oct 27 2004, 02:23 AM
It is NOT the same as is 1-series or as in 7-series. It is the same as in the new Audi A6, new Ford Focus and Nissan Micra ( - probably other cars too). Just keep the key in the pocket and start the engine with the button.

"Also available for the first time on a BMW in this class is Comfort Access.? All cars receive a newly designed key that replaces the conventional blade-type key but with Comfort Access the key contains an ID Sensor that the car recognises from a short distance away.? On recognition, the doors are unlocked automatically and the car can be started with one push of the starter button.? The Comfort Access system also works in tandem with BMW?s familiar key memory system to ensure that the seating position, door mirrors, personalised air conditioning settings and radio reception are automatically adjusted to the current drivers? settings before they enter the car."

I might be wrong as I see in the pictures the same slot as in 7-ers...
[snapback]49831[/snapback]
Looks like you were correct. This description is straight from the BMW-USA site on the 3 series. It appears it is an option but nonetheless, it's available for the 3'er and not available for the 5 series -- that seems backwards.

BMW quote: (from Oct 26 press release)
Get in and go without a key
The optional Comfort Access makes the conventional ignition key a thing of the past. A uniquely coded transmitter, referred to as the ID Sensor, enables the driver to enter the car with the ID Sensor in a pocket and start the engine by pressing a button, without ever touching the ID Sensor. The ID Sensor, in conjunction with Key Memory, sets the driver?s preferences for power seat position, mirrors, automatic climate control and, if equipped with optional iDrive, the radio station presets.
Old 11-01-2004, 02:08 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 525i Sport. Mystic Blue. Logic 7, 6 CD Changer, Floormats. Just call me the last of the big spenders!!

I agree with streak. I had a 120i while my car was with dealer. I found the key plus push button a pain to use.

It's an unnecessary 2-step option. putting the key in and turning it is fine for me. Stooping the car is also a pain. You have to push the button to stop the car before pushing the key to release it.

I'd rather go for the audi option, but I'm not even sure of that. I've got two young girls who like to push buttons . I'd prefer to be in full control of when the car starts.
Old 11-01-2004, 02:12 PM
Members

Originally Posted by nomad' date='Nov 1 2004, 06:08 PM
I agree with streak. I had a 120i while my car was with dealer. I found the key plus push button a pain to use.

It's an unnecessary 2-step option. putting the key in and turning it is fine for me. Stooping the car is also a pain. You have to push the button to stop the car before pushing the key to release it.

I'd rather go for the audi option, but I'm not even sure of that. I've got two young girls who like to push buttons . I'd prefer to be in full control of when the car starts.
[snapback]51877[/snapback]
Yeah, but it looks like with Comfort Access it's back to a one step process -- push the button. That's it. Key/ID stays in your pocket. That does sound pretty nice, I must say.
Old 11-01-2004, 02:28 PM
JDN
Contributors

Sounds pretty nice if you are in the business of stealing cars while they are being refueled.
Old 11-01-2004, 03:08 PM
Members

Originally Posted by JDN' date='Nov 1 2004, 06:28 PM
Sounds pretty nice if you are in the business of stealing cars while they are being refueled.
[snapback]51885[/snapback]
Hmmm -- hadn't thought about that but I guess that would work, wouldn't it. <_<
Doesn't happen much in my neck of the woods so that didn't even come to mind.
Old 11-02-2004, 03:13 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by alohalc' date='Oct 27 2004, 10:41 PM
[quote name='Bunbun' date='Oct 27 2004, 06:30 PM']Hmmm

I like this center console more than ours.? Seems more streamlined and cleaner.? However, the rear end of the car is dam ugly, especially the tail lights.? IMO

Bunbun.
[snapback]50160[/snapback]
a lot of people thought the 7 or even our car is ugly at the very beginning <_<. it takes some times to "digest" .
[snapback]50164[/snapback]
[/quote]

same here. the centre console is much better than ours. but the other parts is not.

the exterior is pretty good i think. It looks mature, sporty, and "futurama"
Old 11-02-2004, 10:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Originally Posted by nomad' date='Nov 1 2004, 05:08 PM

[snapback]51877[/snapback]
I agree with you nomad.. I found it more time consuming with the rather large keything plus button pushing..
Old 11-04-2004, 10:00 AM
Contributors

but the key is different from us though. the key will be like benz' (will fit into small pocket).

Im sure when BMW equip E60 with new key and push start button, they will include keyless go like those on benz e class. I like that very much...(so sad..all my friends have keyless go on their car, except me...) :'(
Old 11-05-2004, 06:08 AM
Members

My Ride: 545i Steptronic Comfort Nav Winter but no Sport for dec delivery

Link has a lot of pop ups--but story is good.
Old 11-05-2004, 06:10 AM
Members

My Ride: 545i Steptronic Comfort Nav Winter but no Sport for dec delivery

Originally Posted by streak' date='Oct 26 2004, 11:41 PM
Dont be too pissed at this. I think its just a gimmick.

I went to the launch of the one series that has this feature. You still need to insert a key into a socket and only then do you press the button on the dash to start the car.

To stop the car you need to press the button again otherwise the key will not release. I found the two action starting and stopping routine? a pain in the butt.

The assisted start in the E60 is far cooler.

My Land Rover Horror Story
[snapback]49796[/snapback]
HEY FRIEND-WHY SOME MANY POPUPS ON THIS LINK--I AM GOING From RANGE ROVER TO E60--BUT I don't like this link.

Quick Reply: NEW 3er....We Didnt Get some options in the E60