Other BMW Models Talk about all the other BMW models here.

M3 60k, Dealership Finally Agrees to Auction Price

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 05:28 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BMW dealer auctions new M3 for $60K on eBay, doesn't want to honor the deal
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/03/23/bmw-dea...snt-want-to-hon

Apparently all is not kosher in corn country. BMW of Lincoln, Nebraska posted an auction on eBay for a brand new M3 Sedan for $60,000. Perhaps they were hoping for the kind of eBay madness that would push the price to six figures (something other dealers are doing right on the show floor). If that's what they were after, well, they didn't get it. The car was won by a gentleman in California for the listed price: $60,000.

Follow up
Internet FTW! BMW buyer getting M3 thanks to pressure from web
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/03/24/interne...ssure-from-web/

After winning a new BMW M3 Sedan on the online auction site from BMW of Lincoln, Nebraska, the dealership refused to sell the car despite there being no reserve price, claiming the auction was a "mistake". dooma350's single post for help on a forum led to an internet-based outcry on his behalf, with lawyers offering free advice, other websites (like ours) promoting his cause, local news organizations getting in touch, etc. BMW of Lincoln's contact information was posted in countless places, and it no doubt received an overwhelming number of opinions about its actions from those who connected with dooma350's plight, and who had probably gone through similar experiences with dealerships before.

Well, we can call off the hounds. dooma350, whose real name is Ken, has posted again on M3post.com informing his volunteer army of minions that he and BMW of Lincoln have come to a resolution, and that the dealership will sell him the M3 Sedan for $60,000, though with certain conditions. Ken will be traveling to the dealership tomorrow to go over the details and find out what those conditions are, but we bet this particular dealership will think twice about slighting him again.

The huge thread on M3post.com
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.ph...7993&page=1

Views: 336,161 and counting
Replies: 915 and counting

All in 3 days

dooma350(Ken) latest update:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpost.php?...p;postcount=688

"Sorry its taken so long to post a update. The site is very slow (understandably). This morning, BMW of Lincoln has agreed to sell me the car at a price of 60K, with certain conditions. I'll be going over the conditions with the dealership tommorow, and I hope to have everything finalized by tommorow afternoon.

But one thing that I would like to make everyone aware of is, BMW of Lincoln is proactively working to correct the situation that they screwed up. And yes, they screwed up big time, no doubt about that.They are trying to do right, so please don't harass the dealership right now. No phone calls, threats, emails or fake sales calls.

That said, I would just like to take a step back for a moment.
The past few days have been insane. Just thinking about what has transpired, leaves you speechless really. How did this thing go from a M3post.com rant to what it became today? In 3 days, the site amassed
650+ comments and 200,000 page views, with people posting from all around the world, lending their support and help. Thats people I dont even know! Amazing stuff, and probably the coolest thing I have ever
been part of, leveraging the internet in a way that I have never seen before. People I have never met, making calls on my behalf, contacting automotive sites, supplying information, just doing anything and everything possible to help out.

Lets do it again sometime, I hope to be there for someone when they are in need.

Thanks guys, there are good people in this world after all.
I'll post again tommorow.

Regards

Ken"

This will teach the Stealerships not to Fu*k with the BMW community.
Old 03-24-2008, 06:54 PM
Senior Members

I guess will learn of the "certain conditions" tomorrow.
Old 03-25-2008, 03:16 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 530i Individual, DVD Package, HUD, Bluetooth, Comfort Seats, SR, etc

if you agree then why conditions? you lost .....so shut up .....just give em the car with no questions asked, he is paying what you asked.....and agreed to.....