Other BMW Models Talk about all the other BMW models here.

Can anyone help me find this damn part? (ETK)

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 09:20 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Went to the main BMW dealer... they couldn't find it. Searched ETK by myself and it's just not there.

Ok... 6 series left headlight. It mounts with 4 screws. The screw that mounts on the upper right (headlight in front of you) and goes somewhere under the front left fender has an Adjusting plastic screw behind it. It screws into it. That plastic thingy is used for adjusting your headlight so it flows perfect with the body lines of your bumper/fender (you can mount the headlight more to the front, to the back, to the left and to the right using that little screw). Without it, or if it's broken (as it is in my case), you cannot adjust the headlight so that it comes perfectly where it should. There will be a difference between the right headlight that has the screw in perfect condition and the left headlight witch doesn't have it at all or it's broken. The headlight will just not positionate correctly in accordance with the other headlight. To see better what i am talking about here is a picture from and E36 showing it. It's supposed to show for the E63 aswell since i held the damn thing in my hand today but it just doesn't exist at all in the ETK. Maybe somebody who works for BMW or knows this things can help me out with a part number, definition or anything really so i can buy the damn thing over here.

Old 10-10-2005, 09:54 AM
Members

Here's a better description/picture of the part i'm looking for

It's the little black screw marked with 2 in the second picture. "Adjust headlight (1) to fit by means of adjusting screw (2)."

replacing_left_headlight__xenon_headlight_.pdf
Old 10-10-2005, 03:15 PM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by AriciU' date='Oct 10 2005, 01:54 PM
Here's a better description/picture of the part i'm looking for

It's the little black screw marked with 2 in the second picture. "Adjust headlight (1) to fit by means of adjusting screw (2)."

Attachment 11269
[snapback]182233[/snapback]
This is all I could find so far. Not very many separate parts.

Look here:

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?
Attached Thumbnails Can anyone help me find this damn part? (ETK)-6er_headlight.jpg