Other BMW Models Talk about all the other BMW models here.

BMW E70 X5 CIC Navigation and Entertainment System Retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 05:03 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello all,

Just want to share with you my expirience in CIC Navigation and Entertainment System retrofiting to my BMW X5 E70 2007 vehicle.
It has been done during past two days by my good friends BMW Retrofit Team (Quebec, Canada)

First of all it is important to mention that when I went to the dealership, I was told that It is impossible to retrofit CIC Navigation System in to any BMW older than 2009 August or something. Secondly I was told that it is impossible to get such system installed because internal electrnical parts of BMW will never work together with new CIC.

I almost gave up but after that I found the guys not far from my city in Canada who actually performing any types of retrofitting for BMW vehicles including CIC retrofitting too, as well as any types of remote coding for your BMW. It was very good met! After meeting with them in person we "signed" the contract and they did my retrofit with my help of course I was picturing it and studing too.

So below are the pictures I've made.
Please feel free to ask me any questions about this retrofit.

Yeah and by the way - I want now to show to my stealership How it is impossible to retrofit CIC in my E70
Attached Thumbnails BMW E70 X5 CIC Navigation and Entertainment System Retrofit-resized_img_2018.jpg   BMW E70 X5 CIC Navigation and Entertainment System Retrofit-resized_img_2085.jpg   BMW E70 X5 CIC Navigation and Entertainment System Retrofit-resized_img_2089.jpg   BMW E70 X5 CIC Navigation and Entertainment System Retrofit-resized_img_2102.jpg   BMW E70 X5 CIC Navigation and Entertainment System Retrofit-resized_img_2115.jpg  

BMW E70 X5 CIC Navigation and Entertainment System Retrofit-resized_img_2118.jpg   BMW E70 X5 CIC Navigation and Entertainment System Retrofit-resized_img_2120.jpg   BMW E70 X5 CIC Navigation and Entertainment System Retrofit-resized_img_2125.jpg   BMW E70 X5 CIC Navigation and Entertainment System Retrofit-resized_img_2132.jpg   BMW E70 X5 CIC Navigation and Entertainment System Retrofit-resized_img_2154.jpg  

BMW E70 X5 CIC Navigation and Entertainment System Retrofit-resized_img_2150.jpg  
Old 11-12-2010, 01:06 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2005 545i Black Sapphire - Fully Loaded
Model Year: 545i 2005

congrats. just checked out that website and that's a great price on the system with FSC codes

thanks for sharing
Old 11-12-2010, 04:49 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

+1

Originally Posted by r9ndy
congrats. just checked out that website and that's a great price on the system with FSC codes

thanks for sharing
Old 11-12-2010, 08:39 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

My eyes popped out when I read the price. Too good to be true, thats what I thought. Anyway a few emails later its clearer to me.

"
We do not provide entire solution for 1850$ in total. This is the price for the pre-coded for your vehicle hardware only.
Hardware will work in your vehicle as OEM but no navigation or voice will be active.
FSC codes for the navigation, maps and voice should be obtained separately.
"

"
FSC Activation Code for the Navigation System ? aprox 950$ CAD
FSC Activation Code for Maps ? aprox 195$ CAD
FSC Activation Code for Voice ? aprox 620$ CAD
European Maps 2010 Premium ? aprox 12$ CAD
Video in Motion activation ? aprox 200$ CAD
"
Old 11-13-2010, 09:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i Black Sapphire - Fully Loaded
Model Year: 545i 2005

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda
My eyes popped out when I read the price. Too good to be true, thats what I thought. Anyway a few emails later its clearer to me.

"
We do not provide entire solution for 1850$ in total. This is the price for the pre-coded for your vehicle hardware only.
Hardware will work in your vehicle as OEM but no navigation or voice will be active.
FSC codes for the navigation, maps and voice should be obtained separately.
"

"
FSC Activation Code for the Navigation System ? aprox 950$ CAD
FSC Activation Code for Maps ? aprox 195$ CAD
FSC Activation Code for Voice ? aprox 620$ CAD
European Maps 2010 Premium ? aprox 12$ CAD
Video in Motion activation ? aprox 200$ CAD
"
Indeed too good to be true! How much did you end up spending Vinzer?
Old 11-16-2010, 06:13 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by r9ndy
Indeed too good to be true! How much did you end up spending Vinzer?
They do have an option to activate navigation + voice for I think 900$ only. This what I got finally. I was not ready to pay so much for FSC codes. They did something inside of the CIC unit for that. And after that system works and activated completelly.
I paid (not exactly but close to) 2350$ for the system, 95$ for the plastic parts, 140$ for PDC module, 900$ for complete navigation + voice + video activation and map was given to me by one forum member
Yeah I know it is all expensive in total but I am happy because I now have CIC. Also I am customer N1 for the Combox mod in December with them. Then I will be having internet on my CIC via the cell phone (my data plan with rogers).
Total paid up to date for my CIC retrofit: 3485$ for E70 complete CIC
Old 11-16-2010, 11:55 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

What they have done is they sold you a CIC emulator
http://www.codecard.lt/dash/bmw-cic-.../prod_432.html

That fools the CIC and stops the CIC communicating with the car during the start-up hand-shake. This method has worked for you because the donor car from where your CIC came out had navigation and voice on it. However now you are kindda stuck because whenever you want to update your maps you won't be able to because the map FSC cannot be generated on your VIN. But you may be able to get the map FSC generated on the donor car's VIN provided the donor car has not bought the map FSC before you!