5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   Other BMW Models (https://5series.net/forums/other-bmw-models-12/)
-   -   Alpina B7 (https://5series.net/forums/other-bmw-models-12/alpina-b7-50026/)

Alpina B7 01-28-2008 05:08 PM

Is there a forum for the 7 series? I bought a 2008 Alpina B7 and I would like to find out about DVD viewing on the front display? where do I go? It currently has a rear entertainment with a DVD changer in the trunk, but it is only able to access from the rear seat i-drive controller. Sucks. I need to get out of the car and sit in the back seat to start a DVD for the kids

skw 01-28-2008 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Alpina B7' post='524033' date='Jan 28 2008, 09:08 PM
Is there a forum for the 7 series? I bought a 2008 Alpina B7 and I would like to find out about DVD viewing on the front display? where do I go? It currently has a rear entertainment with a DVD changer in the trunk, but it is only able to access from the rear seat i-drive controller. Sucks. I need to get out of the car and sit in the back seat to start a DVD for the kids

We were working on Boylston St in Boston saturday night and I saw a black B7. He kept circling looking for a parking spot and everytime he came back around I wanted to beg him to please don't park that on the street, I'd hate to see someone in front or behind him tap the bumpers trying to get out of their spot then have the next person "park by feel" trying to get into the spot. Heck, I would've moved some cones & let him park in front of our trucks where I could keep an eye on it and keep it coned off! From the pics online I had mixed feeling about the rear bootlid spoiler but seeing it in person it goes so perfectly w/ the lines of the car. And the wheels... OMG!!!! Sorry, I don't mean to detract from your original question but I had to jump in as that B7 is still fresh in my mind.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but if it's the same system that's avail as an option in the '06 750Li then it's completely seperate from the front display. My info comes from our local dealer as I currently have an e39 528i hence my lurking on this board. We have a baby on the way and need to upgrade from a 10yr old car so been trying find a '05 545 or '06 530 (I'm a bit too picky, alpine white on black int, nav, spt pkg, cw pkg, shades, & AS). In our search we did come across an '06 750 but because of the high miles it was being offered for $33k but no certified warranty. It had the rearseat entertainment and my wife inquired about being able to watch DVD's in the front as well and we were told that it's not possible but we'd be better off doing an aftermarket setup w/ headrest monitors and having a local shop integrate into the front i-drive screen.

vegastrashed 01-28-2008 06:09 PM

www.tvandnav2go. As for a 7-series forum you can try bimmerfest.

Alpina B7 01-28-2008 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by skw' post='524053' date='Jan 28 2008, 10:05 PM
We were working on Boylston St in Boston saturday night and I saw a black B7. He kept circling looking for a parking spot and everytime he came back around I wanted to beg him to please don't park that on the street, I'd hate to see someone in front or behind him tap the bumpers trying to get out of their spot then have the next person "park by feel" trying to get into the spot. Heck, I would've moved some cones & let him park in front of our trucks where I could keep an eye on it and keep it coned off! From the pics online I had mixed feeling about the rear bootlid spoiler but seeing it in person it goes so perfectly w/ the lines of the car. And the wheels... OMG!!!! Sorry, I don't mean to detract from your original question but I had to jump in as that B7 is still fresh in my mind.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but if it's the same system that's avail as an option in the '06 750Li then it's completely seperate from the front display. My info comes from our local dealer as I currently have an e39 528i hence my lurking on this board. We have a baby on the way and need to upgrade from a 10yr old car so been trying find a '05 545 or '06 530 (I'm a bit too picky, alpine white on black int, nav, spt pkg, cw pkg, shades, & AS). In our search we did come across an '06 750 but because of the high miles it was being offered for $33k but no certified warranty. It had the rearseat entertainment and my wife inquired about being able to watch DVD's in the front as well and we were told that it's not possible but we'd be better off doing an aftermarket setup w/ headrest monitors and having a local shop integrate into the front i-drive screen.

Thanks! My wife bought this for me for christmas!! It is Black with Tan interior. My first BMW experience, but not the last!!!

JSpira 01-28-2008 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Alpina B7' post='524033' date='Jan 28 2008, 09:08 PM

Bimmerfest has a 7er forum.

You should also fill in your location here as you could be anywhere in the world right now.

EuroCarFan 01-28-2008 08:42 PM

The M5Board has an Alpina subforum. :thumbsup:

AlexFW 01-29-2008 02:07 AM

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='524115' date='Jan 29 2008, 06:42 AM
The M5Board has an Alpina subforum. :thumbsup:

Yes, but Alpina cars are BMW with some mods . Especially for iDrive, he can ask here too .

bruce_miranda 01-29-2008 02:13 AM

Note, the iDrive on the 7 is different from all other iDrives.

AlexFW 01-29-2008 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='524159' date='Jan 29 2008, 12:13 PM
Note, the iDrive on the 7 is different from all other iDrives.

Ah, sorry, I didn't know .
Can I have a summary on what is different ?
Thanks!

bruce_miranda 01-29-2008 05:21 AM

Everything about the 7 series iDrive is different. Different 8 way start-up screen, different operating system, different look and feel. The 7 series infact is the only iDrive based car that still uses the older MK4 based High Navigation DVD all other iDrive cars use the Professional version.