Other BMW Models Talk about all the other BMW models here.

Alpina B7

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 05:08 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there a forum for the 7 series? I bought a 2008 Alpina B7 and I would like to find out about DVD viewing on the front display? where do I go? It currently has a rear entertainment with a DVD changer in the trunk, but it is only able to access from the rear seat i-drive controller. Sucks. I need to get out of the car and sit in the back seat to start a DVD for the kids
Old 01-28-2008, 06:05 PM
skw
Members

Originally Posted by Alpina B7' post='524033' date='Jan 28 2008, 09:08 PM
Is there a forum for the 7 series? I bought a 2008 Alpina B7 and I would like to find out about DVD viewing on the front display? where do I go? It currently has a rear entertainment with a DVD changer in the trunk, but it is only able to access from the rear seat i-drive controller. Sucks. I need to get out of the car and sit in the back seat to start a DVD for the kids
We were working on Boylston St in Boston saturday night and I saw a black B7. He kept circling looking for a parking spot and everytime he came back around I wanted to beg him to please don't park that on the street, I'd hate to see someone in front or behind him tap the bumpers trying to get out of their spot then have the next person "park by feel" trying to get into the spot. Heck, I would've moved some cones & let him park in front of our trucks where I could keep an eye on it and keep it coned off! From the pics online I had mixed feeling about the rear bootlid spoiler but seeing it in person it goes so perfectly w/ the lines of the car. And the wheels... OMG!!!! Sorry, I don't mean to detract from your original question but I had to jump in as that B7 is still fresh in my mind.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but if it's the same system that's avail as an option in the '06 750Li then it's completely seperate from the front display. My info comes from our local dealer as I currently have an e39 528i hence my lurking on this board. We have a baby on the way and need to upgrade from a 10yr old car so been trying find a '05 545 or '06 530 (I'm a bit too picky, alpine white on black int, nav, spt pkg, cw pkg, shades, & AS). In our search we did come across an '06 750 but because of the high miles it was being offered for $33k but no certified warranty. It had the rearseat entertainment and my wife inquired about being able to watch DVD's in the front as well and we were told that it's not possible but we'd be better off doing an aftermarket setup w/ headrest monitors and having a local shop integrate into the front i-drive screen.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:09 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

www.tvandnav2go. As for a 7-series forum you can try bimmerfest.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:14 PM
Members

Originally Posted by skw' post='524053' date='Jan 28 2008, 10:05 PM
We were working on Boylston St in Boston saturday night and I saw a black B7. He kept circling looking for a parking spot and everytime he came back around I wanted to beg him to please don't park that on the street, I'd hate to see someone in front or behind him tap the bumpers trying to get out of their spot then have the next person "park by feel" trying to get into the spot. Heck, I would've moved some cones & let him park in front of our trucks where I could keep an eye on it and keep it coned off! From the pics online I had mixed feeling about the rear bootlid spoiler but seeing it in person it goes so perfectly w/ the lines of the car. And the wheels... OMG!!!! Sorry, I don't mean to detract from your original question but I had to jump in as that B7 is still fresh in my mind.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but if it's the same system that's avail as an option in the '06 750Li then it's completely seperate from the front display. My info comes from our local dealer as I currently have an e39 528i hence my lurking on this board. We have a baby on the way and need to upgrade from a 10yr old car so been trying find a '05 545 or '06 530 (I'm a bit too picky, alpine white on black int, nav, spt pkg, cw pkg, shades, & AS). In our search we did come across an '06 750 but because of the high miles it was being offered for $33k but no certified warranty. It had the rearseat entertainment and my wife inquired about being able to watch DVD's in the front as well and we were told that it's not possible but we'd be better off doing an aftermarket setup w/ headrest monitors and having a local shop integrate into the front i-drive screen.

Thanks! My wife bought this for me for christmas!! It is Black with Tan interior. My first BMW experience, but not the last!!!
Old 01-28-2008, 07:08 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Alpina B7' post='524033' date='Jan 28 2008, 09:08 PM
Bimmerfest has a 7er forum.

You should also fill in your location here as you could be anywhere in the world right now.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:42 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

The M5Board has an Alpina subforum.
Old 01-29-2008, 02:07 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i SMG with Limited Slip Differential
Model Year: 2005

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='524115' date='Jan 29 2008, 06:42 AM
The M5Board has an Alpina subforum.

Yes, but Alpina cars are BMW with some mods . Especially for iDrive, he can ask here too .
Old 01-29-2008, 02:13 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Note, the iDrive on the 7 is different from all other iDrives.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:53 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i SMG with Limited Slip Differential
Model Year: 2005

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='524159' date='Jan 29 2008, 12:13 PM
Note, the iDrive on the 7 is different from all other iDrives.
Ah, sorry, I didn't know .
Can I have a summary on what is different ?
Thanks!
Old 01-29-2008, 05:21 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Everything about the 7 series iDrive is different. Different 8 way start-up screen, different operating system, different look and feel. The 7 series infact is the only iDrive based car that still uses the older MK4 based High Navigation DVD all other iDrive cars use the Professional version.

Quick Reply: Alpina B7