Other BMW Models Talk about all the other BMW models here.

The all new X6

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2005, 03:05 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Spy Shots: ?08 BMW X6
A crossover four-door coupe blurs the lines even further.
by Hans Lehmann/Hidden Image (2005-06-20)

The all new X6-9687_cgznhxkialxtz.jpg

Here are first photos confirming BMW's official statement made at the last Geneva Motor Show. The Bavarian carmaker is about to extend the X5 model range with an additional 4x4 "coupe," based on the same platform.

In this case, the word "coupe" does not mean a two-door, but, as in Mercedes CLS500 marketing jargon, refers to a sporting model with coupe-like roofline, even if it has four doors.

Rumors are that the new model will be named the X6. The first development mule is now doing laps at Germany's famous N?rburgring. These early development mules have a clever modular frame that allows all weight- (and, therefore, handling-) critical items to be positioned differently and in small steps, in order to find their optimum position for superior road-holding, handling, steering, and comfort. Similarly, the mules offer easy access to the suspension geometry, springs, dampers, and steering, which all can be varied and fine-tuned.

The all new X6-9688_hfkiqkeaurmdr.jpg

The test mule sports a non-production body made as simply as possible to cover the mechanical parts. It offers no indication of the final vehicle's styling or design.

The newcomer is reported to be a sporty looking crossover four-door, four-seater. It gets front-mounted engines ranging from a V-8 with either 340 hp or 450 hp, to a V-10 with 612 hp.

BMW hopes to be alone in this "coupe" market. By offering a high seating position and four-wheel drive, they would be without a direct competitor, at least initially. That's only until Porsche brings on the Panamera, a four-door coupe due in 2009.

Just like the current and the next X5, the new X6 will be built in the United States in South Carolina and is scheduled for release in 2008.

? Hans G. Lehmann/ Hidden Image

Source
Old 06-26-2005, 05:54 PM
Senior Members

iceman, take a look at this post .
Old 06-27-2005, 11:18 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by alohalc' date='Jun 27 2005, 03:54 AM
iceman, take a look at this post .
[snapback]143293[/snapback]
Your post was incomplete...
Old 06-27-2005, 08:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

HAHAHAHA I like the ///M looking X6... thats so photoshop!