Other BMW Models Talk about all the other BMW models here.

328 Loaner and the BMW Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 02:09 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 535 needed a little bit of oil, new shifter (wouldnt pop out of manual automatically when hitting P), the seats fixed (many of you remember my leather coming up), tranny slam fixed, brake squeal fixed.

The dealer sent a driver to my house in a 2009 328 to pick my car up and leave the loaner. Good service. Aside from the driver bad mouthing the Salesman who sold me my car and the Service Manager, which was clearly in poor taste, it was a rather painless event. I am very nice, i even had the car running with the AC on for him because it was 92 degrees out.

The Pros of the service:

- Valet pick-up? doesnt get easier than that.

- I already recieved a phone call saying my brakes are done, got a new shifter, oil is in, and the software update should fix the tranny slam. the seats they were looking at. my car will be dropped off tomorrow around the same time they took it today.

- The service manager is very pleasant to speak with.

Cons of the service:

- Car dropped off with less then a quarter tank. not impressed. I will have to put fuel in the car on my way home from work.

- I work nights, I specifically asked to not be called before 1 PM, they called me at 11:30. Kinda sucks, but whatever.

OUTCOME: Service was great, cant complain.

Pros of the Loaner Vehicke: (09 328 sedan)

- The 328 is more powerful then i suspected it might be. The engine is also very smooth

Cons of the Loaner Vehicle:

- IT IS UGLY. how did the same company that makes the 5 series and 6 series make this thing? i will even take it a step further and say how did the company make such a nice 3 series coupe and such an ugly 3 series sedan?

- Build quality is terrible. Vinyl interior, lot of plastic, WHERE IS THE I-DRIVE??? i thought this was standard.

- Did I mention it is UGLY? and that it has VINYL SEATS? WHAT THE HELL BMW????

OUTCOME: Bring me a VW Jetta next time please.

SUMMARY
At this point, Fields BMW in Lakeland, FL has been more then accomodating, and pleasent to deal with. We will see if my vehicle is fixed to standard. I DID ASK THEM TO NOT wash my vehicle, as I do not trust the guys after seing a Black M3 get distroyed there. I am a hand washer, Terry cloth stuff only very anal, I am sure many of you can relate. I hate the 328. I think this car is... well I wont go as far to say a peice of garbage, but IT IS SUBSTANDARD for a BMW. The 3 series sedan, this body style, might be the worst BMW has to offer. I would reccomend Fields BMW at this point, I would NOT reccomend buying a 3 series sedan. this car is the competitor for the G35, IS 250, A4, C Class... YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME.

Thanks for letting me ramble. That is all.