Other BMW Models Talk about all the other BMW models here.

325i SE Touring

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 03:46 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dropped of my car for complete reprogramming and was given one of these as a loaner.

When sitting inside it feels a lot like a mini 5 series if you ignore the centre console and just focus on the dash.

As for performance - 'holy crap'

I have a 2004 build 525i (just before the new engine came in) and this 06 325i has the presumably new 2.5litre engine.

It sounds so much better at the top end of the rev band and it is hellishly quick both off the line and in pretty much any gear.

The noise howver is by far the best bit. Im not sure whether its the lack of dampning or just the way in which the car is designed or its simply the new engine but the noise...omg the noise.

My car is like a quite rumble and its barely audible. Noones head turns when i put my foot down.

In the 325 people jerked round when i floored it from some lights to see what the car was.

a big thumbs up
Old 04-20-2006, 04:38 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 525i M Sport Touring (E61): Mystic Blue with Beige Leather and Light Poplar Wood Trim | M Sport Package: Anthracite Headlining, Dechroming, 18" M Spoke Alloy Wheels (135) & RFT's, M Sport Steering Wheel, Sports Seats, M Door Entry Sill Trims, M Sport Suspension Settings, M Aero Bodykit I | Pro NAV | Bluetooth Prep | Xenons | Adapative Headlights | Headlight Washers | HUD | PDC | Automatic Air Con - Advanced | Automatic Tailgate Operation | Heated Front Seats | Sun Protection Glass | Non-Smoker Package |

Originally Posted by JayJay' post='271630' date='Apr 20 2006, 12:46 PM
I dropped of my car for complete reprogramming and was given one of these as a loaner.

When sitting inside it feels a lot like a mini 5 series if you ignore the centre console and just focus on the dash.

As for performance - 'holy crap'
I have a 2004 build 525i (just before the new engine came in) and this 06 325i has the presumably new 2.5litre engine.

It sounds so much better at the top end of the rev band and it is hellishly quick both off the line and in pretty much any gear.

The noise howver is by far the best bit. Im not sure whether its the lack of dampning or just the way in which the car is designed or its simply the new engine but the noise...omg the noise.

My car is like a quite rumble and its barely audible. Noones head turns when i put my foot down.

In the 325 people jerked round when i floored it from some lights to see what the car was.
a big thumbs up
I've a 525i M Sport Tourer on order and I assume that it will come with the same new engine you drove in the 325i. When I had a test drive it felt so smooth and sounded much more powerful than a 2.5L engine.

Your +'ve comments are going to make my wait seem even longer