Other BMW Models Talk about all the other BMW models here.

**PIX OF THE NEW BEAST**

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 01:05 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer
Thanks Scott -- can't wait to see your beast too!!!!!
That makes two of us Calton! Well it is ensconced at Prestige BMW but I can't get it until Feb. 29th. The wait is killing me. But am having a good time with my little guy in sunny and warm South Florida.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:15 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by sdg1871
That makes two of us Calton! Well it is ensconced at Prestige BMW but I can't get it until Feb. 29th. The wait is killing me. But am having a good time with my little guy in sunny and warm South Florida.
I see that you did Cinnamon too! Very nice -- I was against it, but my wife had final say since it is her car and I have to tell you, I was wrong (just don't tell her I said that ). It's a great looking interior!
Old 02-22-2012, 01:23 PM
Contributors

I see that you did Cinnamon too! Very nice -- I was against it, but my wife had final say since it is her car and I have to tell you, I was wrong (just don't tell her I said that ). It's a great looking interior!
Good to know. I wanted natural brown again but BMW ditched it for the F10. I didn't want black (too hot in the summer for me) and I never would spring for ventilated seats for like $2400) and because I don't have my own private garage, maintaining the look of a lighter color leather is too hard. Cin should hide a lot of the dirt/grime and I think it looks great.

Oh and as for your wife, I'll keep your secret safe (assuming of course she doesn't go on this board )
Old 02-22-2012, 01:52 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks man! When I first saw this new aero kit (especially the rear and the new sides), I was sold. It had me at hello. LOL! I think the key is Alpine White with this kit though. I think darker colors would cause much of the detail to get lost within the black accents, hence the reason I didn't do Jet Black again. This is actually our first ever white car. It was a big decision, but I think it was a good decision. Probably won't turn heads like the black one did, but that's ok. You gotta change it up from time to time.
Very good choice, and your right about the color contrast between the AW vs darker colors. I love AW with blk accents anyway it just goes very well together. congrats again C! Love your taste in cars
Old 02-22-2012, 04:20 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by kscarrol
Outstanding Calton!! Looks great and I'm sure it's a blast to drive...
Thanks Ken!
Old 02-22-2012, 04:23 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sdg1871
Good to know. I wanted natural brown again but BMW ditched it for the F10. I didn't want black (too hot in the summer for me) and I never would spring for ventilated seats for like $2400) and because I don't have my own private garage, maintaining the look of a lighter color leather is too hard. Cin should hide a lot of the dirt/grime and I think it looks great.

Oh and as for your wife, I'll keep your secret safe (assuming of course she doesn't go on this board )
I think I've used the ventilated seats in my M 3 times. Hahaha! I used them in the old X twice. It's such a waste and a stupid option.

I actually loved black leather and never had issues with them being too hot in the summer, even when they were parked outside for extended periods of time. Do you tint your cars, Scott? I want to say that you don't. It definitely helps and I will say that black definitely hides the dirt better than anything.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:09 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 M5 alpine white, black full leather, etc.

So tasteful, but yet it sizzles...Cheers
Old 02-22-2012, 05:13 PM
Contributors

I think I've used the ventilated seats in my M 3 times. Hahaha! I used them in the old X twice. It's such a waste and a stupid option.

I actually loved black leather and never had issues with them being too hot in the summer, even when they were parked outside for extended periods of time. Do you tint your cars, Scott? I want to say that you don't. It definitely helps and I will say that black definitely hides the dirt better than anything.
You are right I don't tint my windows. If I did would I have to remove the tint for lease return? I sure did find natural brown leather to be cooler.

Yes my 2006 Infiniti M45 and my 1999 Saab 9-5 both had ventilated seats. I found them to be noisy and useless.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Dude, alpine white is a great color! I love how it shows off the muscularity of the hood on the X5! And those wheels are incredible! Love it!

BTW speaking of brown, I like that havana brown leather they've been offering on some of the cars
Old 02-22-2012, 05:20 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 530i Olivine Green w/ Beige leather interior, 6 spd manual, premium package, comfort access, cold weather package, heated rear seats. 2005 Acura MDX Touring Sage Brush Pearl w/ NAV, running boards, roof rack 1993 325is Calypso Red w/ Parchment leather interior, 5 spd manual. (Sold Nov 06)

Thanks man! When I first saw this new aero kit (especially the rear and the new sides), I was sold. It had me at hello. LOL! I think the key is Alpine White with this kit though. I think darker colors would cause much of the detail to get lost within the black accents, hence the reason I didn't do Jet Black again. This is actually our first ever white car. It was a big decision, but I think it was a good decision. Probably won't turn heads like the black one did, but that's ok. You gotta change it up from time to time.

Turned my head!