New Member Introductions Please introduce yourself. Everyone here was once new to the 5 Series Forums so don't be shy! Welcome!

Took the plunge, newbie on board

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2004, 06:22 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just ordered an '05 545i last night through my local dealer. Configuration is in the sig. I shopped around by email with an offer working up from invoice and got a couple of bites but I wanted my local dealer to have an opportunity since I have some history with them. They came through I'm happy to say.

I'm not new to BMW having had an M Roadster before and an M Coupe currently. The Coupe looks like it will get a repaint of the front end and hood and go on weekend duty while the 5er will become my daily driver. A 545i is a combination of comfort and performance that I am looking forward to on my commute through Southern Califiornia traffic.

I appreciate that this forum stays pretty focused on topic and isn't rife with the childishness I see on many others. In fact it's much like the M/Z3 Coupe oriented forums I frequent and in its own way E60.net was a factor in my decision to join by getting a 545i myself. Lots of good information here!

Thanks.
Old 11-12-2004, 06:26 AM
Contributors

My Ride: -SOLD- 530i Alpine White. Sport package, comfort seat package, premium sound package, power rear shade, premium package, rear red reflectors, and adaptive headlights with xenon’s

Welcome aboard ///M Rakete!!!

Central Cali
Old 11-12-2004, 06:29 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by ///M Rakete' date='Nov 12 2004, 04:22 PM
Just ordered an '05 545i last night through my local dealer. Configuration is in the sig. I shopped around by email with an offer working up from invoice and got a couple of bites but I wanted my local dealer to have an opportunity since I have some history with them. They came through I'm happy to say.

I'm not new to BMW having had an M Roadster before and an M Coupe currently. The Coupe looks like it will get a repaint of the front end and hood and go on weekend duty while the 5er will become my daily driver. A 545i is a combination of comfort and performance that I am looking forward to on my commute through Southern Califiornia traffic.

I appreciate that this forum stays pretty focused on topic and isn't rife with the childishness I see on many others. In fact it's much like the M/Z3 Coupe oriented forums I frequent and in its own way E60.net was a factor in my decision to join by getting a 545i myself. Lots of good information here!

Thanks.
[snapback]55308[/snapback]
Wow! Good news and nice comments. Welcome to the Forum.
Old 11-12-2004, 07:07 AM
Contributors

My Ride: -04 530D

Welcome ///M Rakete!

By Your sig.... German?

Skaffa
Old 11-12-2004, 07:24 AM
Senior Members

Wow, that's a couple of people been influenced into buying because of the vibe on the forums. Gives you a warm feeling inside

Welcome aboard.
Old 11-12-2004, 08:05 AM
Contributors

Nein, ich bin nicht Deutscher.

That's about the limit of my German anymore. Funny considering I went to kindergarten in Heilbronn (north of Stuttgart) and married an Austrian.

I do have beer in my blood and schnitzel and spatzel around my waist.

Originally Posted by skaffa' date='Nov 12 2004, 09:07 AM
Welcome ///M Rakete!

By Your sig.... German?

Skaffa
[snapback]55318[/snapback]
Old 11-12-2004, 08:08 AM
Members

Congrats on going with the 545, the best sports sedan on the market - full stop.
Old 11-12-2004, 08:50 AM
Members

Welcome aboard fellow Southern Californian and congratulations on your new purchase. Glad you found us.
Old 11-12-2004, 09:08 AM
Contributors

///M Rakete:
Welcome to the forum, glad we could help. Congrats on your new wheels. The 545i is the perfect car for California, covers long trips easily and is not a bad way to be stuck in traffic. Once again. welcome.
Old 11-12-2004, 09:31 AM
Contributors

Welcome to the forum. Based on you location, might be able to provide some stuff to event beat the new M5

Quick Reply: Took the plunge, newbie on board