New Member Introductions Please introduce yourself. Everyone here was once new to the 5 Series Forums so don't be shy! Welcome!

Newbie with new 550

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 11:29 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Stock '08 550i with the M5 aerodynamic OEM package

Wanted to introduce myself. Just had a new kid so convinced my wife that her 3 series was too small and that she needed a 5 series. Of course we needed to get a 550 Anyways, it's white/tan and pics to come soon. I'm hobbling around on a broken ankle and she taking care of a 5 wk premie baby

Anyways, I wanted to order an M5 but my dealer out in West TX could not get an allocation so we settled for the next best thing. I ordered the car exactly how we/I wanted it and even inquired about doing all I could to get it as close to an M5 as possible. Their only answer was to order the M5 aerodynamic pkg which I did. However, I'd still like to do more - I was told I couldn't get dual exaust, faux intake grills in the front side fenders and something else - can't remember. But if anyone has any ideas or suggestions, I'm all ears.

I look forward to be an active participant on the board
Thanks
FO
Old 06-14-2008, 11:46 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

welcome and enjoy the forums.
Old 06-15-2008, 09:22 AM
Members

Originally Posted by NeRwEEzy' post='602963' date='Jun 15 2008, 02:46 AM
welcome and enjoy the forums.
It's always nice to feel welcomed. I'm a active member of Ferrari Chat and Rennlist, Renntech and used to be with 6speedonline but over the last year have eased off as it seems to be more about the bling than the cars themselves. For a modest individual (atleast I try to be), it's turning out not the place to be.
Old 06-15-2008, 09:33 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i

Congrats on the car and the baby.
Old 06-15-2008, 09:37 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

to the forum, congrats on the new car and baby...happy father's day as well....
Old 06-15-2008, 09:38 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i /w Sport pkg - SMG - Nav - Premium pkg - PDC - Ready to begin my modding! =)

Originally Posted by Lizard1' post='602951' date='Jun 15 2008, 01:29 AM
Wanted to introduce myself. Just had a new kid so convinced my wife that her 3 series was too small and that she needed a 5 series. Of course we needed to get a 550 Anyways, it's white/tan and pics to come soon. I'm hobbling around on a broken ankle and she taking care of a 5 wk premie baby

Anyways, I wanted to order an M5 but my dealer out in West TX could not get an allocation so we settled for the next best thing. I ordered the car exactly how we/I wanted it and even inquired about doing all I could to get it as close to an M5 as possible. Their only answer was to order the M5 aerodynamic pkg which I did. However, I'd still like to do more - I was told I couldn't get dual exaust, faux intake grills in the front side fenders and something else - can't remember. But if anyone has any ideas or suggestions, I'm all ears.

I look forward to be an active participant on the board
Thanks
FO
to the forums, congrats on the new car AND the kid! We will look forward to pics as I think everyone here LUVS them! Actually you CAN get dual and exhaust and there are even vendors on here that can provide you with the full M5 conversion kit. I think once you've had time to get to know some folks on here, and see what they've done to their cars you will have some pretty good ideas of how you want to approach your modding.

Look at it this way, the money you saved buyin the 550 instead of the M5 you can always use to customize your new ride.
Old 06-15-2008, 10:34 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Welcome and enjoy! Yes we love pics!
Old 06-15-2008, 10:54 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 545i Sport
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62

It's the forum. Post pictures of your ride soon.
This place makes owning your E60 a much more enjoyable experience.
Originally Posted by Rudy' post='359078' date='Nov 21 2006, 06:24 PM
...the place to be for all things E60!!
Old 06-15-2008, 12:32 PM
Members

Allright already, I've got some unexpected time on my hands and want to get on this right away. Which vendors can sell me the dual exhaust system (faux or not), cross drilled rotors and numerous other M5 part kits?

I'm ready - the sooner I get it all done, the sooner you'll see the completed pics.
Old 06-15-2008, 12:40 PM
Members

And oh yeah, it finally dawned on me - this is my first father's day (new baby girl named Madeline born 4 1/2 wks semi-premie on 5/30 after I freaked out my wife by breaking my ankle without having my disability ins signed yetand sending her into premie labor ). All so I could have my first father's day - even though breaking it hurt like the dickens, I'd do it all over again just to have her with us

The following is a pic my wife took of us together after a LONG NIGHT
Attached Thumbnails Newbie with new 550-bmw_wheels_001.jpg  

Quick Reply: Newbie with new 550