New Member Introductions Please introduce yourself. Everyone here was once new to the 5 Series Forums so don't be shy! Welcome!

newbie here in socal

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 03:22 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hello all my name is leo, i've lurked quite a bit on all the different forums but finally decided to sign up. got a 535i space grey metallic, sport and comfort package plus navi for a lil over a year now. completely stock, not planning any major mods since the car i'm really eyeing next is the M5 but all in all i'm happy with the car as a normal daily cruiser. i am in the market for a set of wheels in the meantime so that is probably going to be the only mod i will do.

one thing though is i wonder if any of you feel the transmission is a little bit jerky after some time? i remember that when the car was new the shifts were very smooth, now it seems like i can feel it quite a bit more, espeically on hard acceleration. maybe its just me?

also i dont know but ever since i got this car it is a magnet for being hit... i've already had to replace one windshield form a rock chip and no less than 1 month later i got another one!! at least right now its still small so i'm not going to bother with it yet. then last winter some idiot with a tow hitch conveniently back their trunk onto my rear bumper so it left a nice size hole on my rear bumper if anyone has a factory space grey metallic rear bumper for sale let me know

well that's about it and i hope to make some contribution to this community
Old 04-15-2009, 03:31 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

to the forum Leo...what part of so cal are you in?

hope you don't mind, but I updated the so cal member list to include you as well, http://forums.e60.net/index.php?s=&sho...st&p=848542

In regard to the rock chips, depending on the location you could buy a rock chip kit...I had a few earlier this year, used a kit from http://www.drcolorchip.com/ , worked pretty good for me.

Since the rear bumper has a hole in it, perhaps an M-tech kit...I know you said you don't want to mod your e60, perhaps wheels only...but thats how we all start off...even I planned on keeping my e60 stock ....being on here long/often enough, mods are inevitable.

regarding your transmission/shifting...try the 25 sec transmission reset..

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=40018&hl=

GL

Gene
Old 04-15-2009, 05:13 PM
Members

hi gene,

thank you for the tips!! got to try out the transmission trick and hope it works out well!!

i am in LA area near the 60 and 605... seen plenty of e60 rolling around the area but nothing modified so i dont figure a whole lot of guys are on here.

thanks for the link on the rock chip, but the problem is not with the bumper, i got another one on the windshield is what i was referring to!! but its not big so i'm going to leave it til it gets worse.

the car is a lease so i'll probably just have to end up repairing the bumper before i turn it back in. but if i do decide to get a mtech rear bumper does anyone know if the dealer will throw a fit if i return it with that or it has to be back to bone stock?

thanks again for the pointers and adding me on to the socal list, once i get some wheels on there i'll look forward to coming out to some meets
Old 04-15-2009, 05:15 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

welcome and enjoy the forums.
Old 04-15-2009, 05:18 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by lk1202' post='848658' date='Apr 15 2009, 06:13 PM
hi gene,

thank you for the tips!! got to try out the transmission trick and hope it works out well!!

i am in LA area near the 60 and 605... seen plenty of e60 rolling around the area but nothing modified so i dont figure a whole lot of guys are on here.

thanks for the link on the rock chip, but the problem is not with the bumper, i got another one on the windshield is what i was referring to!! but its not big so i'm going to leave it til it gets worse.

the car is a lease so i'll probably just have to end up repairing the bumper before i turn it back in. but if i do decide to get a mtech rear bumper does anyone know if the dealer will throw a fit if i return it with that or it has to be back to bone stock?

thanks again for the pointers and adding me on to the socal list, once i get some wheels on there i'll look forward to coming out to some meets
my fault....there are a few good mobile repair services that might be able to help you out if the chip isnl't that big or deep....

my car is a lease as well...a few on here are that are mod'd out..just keep your stock parts and throw then back on at lease return

we have a so cal sightings thread as well

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=59543&st=570
Old 04-15-2009, 05:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Titanium Gray 550i, Cold Weather Package, Premium Sound Package, Sport Package, Shadowline trim, Parking Distance Conrol, Xenon, Adaptive Headlight Control, Navigation System, Satellite

Originally Posted by lk1202' post='848535' date='Apr 15 2009, 07:22 PM
hello all my name is leo, i've lurked quite a bit on all the different forums but finally decided to sign up. got a 535i space grey metallic, sport and comfort package plus navi for a lil over a year now. completely stock, not planning any major mods since the car i'm really eyeing next is the M5 but all in all i'm happy with the car as a normal daily cruiser. i am in the market for a set of wheels in the meantime so that is probably going to be the only mod i will do.

one thing though is i wonder if any of you feel the transmission is a little bit jerky after some time? i remember that when the car was new the shifts were very smooth, now it seems like i can feel it quite a bit more, espeically on hard acceleration. maybe its just me?

also i dont know but ever since i got this car it is a magnet for being hit... i've already had to replace one windshield form a rock chip and no less than 1 month later i got another one!! at least right now its still small so i'm not going to bother with it yet. then last winter some idiot with a tow hitch conveniently back their trunk onto my rear bumper so it left a nice size hole on my rear bumper if anyone has a factory space grey metallic rear bumper for sale let me know

well that's about it and i hope to make some contribution to this community
Welcome to the awesome group, Leo! I just joined this group of great enthusiasts just over a month ago and I'm glad I did! I am in Irvine. Great timing on the bumper, I have one. You can either reply to this or enable your PM as well. Thanks!
Old 04-15-2009, 05:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Enjoy the forums, and welcome to the brotherhood!
Old 04-15-2009, 05:39 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Frank5er' post='848693' date='Apr 15 2009, 06:30 PM
Welcome to the awesome group, Leo! I just joined this group of great enthusiasts just over a month ago and I'm glad I did! I am in Irvine. Great timing on the bumper, I have one. You can either reply to this or enable your PM as well. Thanks!

hey thanks!! email me at itrinej@yahoo.com my PM is still not enabled yet... let me know if it is the same color as my car and how much!!
Old 04-15-2009, 07:05 PM
Contributors

Location: Milky Way, Earth, N. America, CA, San Jose, 95136, Latitude N 37� 16.837, Longitude W 121� 50.461
My Ride: 2004 530i | Sapphire Black | Sport | Premium | NAV | Logic 7 | DPE R07 Variant S Gloss Black with Polished Lip 20x8.5 front 20x10 rear | Falken FK452 tires 245/30/20 front 275/30/20 rear | H&R Coilovers | Smoked Tail Lights | M5 trunk spoiler | AC Schnitzer style roof spoiler | HID 8000K headlights & foglights | 35% tint all around | Sprint Booster | Speed Innovation ECU tuning | M5 trunk finisher | M-Tech body kit | Remus Quad Exhaust | AC Schnitzer style pedals | Euro Stickers | RPi Ram Air Induction | Smoked LED Side Lenses | AC Schnitzer style e-brake handle | AC Schnitzer style shifter | AC Schnitzer style iDrive knob | AC Schnitzer style carbon fiber diffuser | carbon fiber hood/trunk/steering emblems | carbon fiber grilles | carbon fiber door pillars | MTEC v2 Angel Eyes | Hamann style carbon fiber splitter

welcome Leo.. enjoy your stay..
Old 04-15-2009, 07:10 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Leo! 535 is a great car.

Quick Reply: newbie here in socal