New Member Introductions Please introduce yourself. Everyone here was once new to the 5 Series Forums so don't be shy! Welcome!

New swede!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 09:05 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi!

Name is Bruno, live in Helsingborg, Sweden.. uhm, don't really know what to write here.. not really a BMW owner, but actually looking for my first. I've driven all kinds of cars in my short life (23 years old), and one car that really got stuck in my head was my cousins E60 530 with the M-package (that's how we call it here, don't know how u guys call it), fully equipped. He had it for a year, but it really left a mark with me. Anyway, i've driven (my cars this time) mostly Opel, u don't have that in the states, and the last car the me and the wife (married for 4 months now) bought was a SAAB 9-3 Aero with the 2.8Turbo V6, but i'm getting really sick of FWD. The economy (for me and the wife) is looking very good now that she finished 3,5 years of studying and got a job, so i'm on the hunt for a kick-ass car.. the FIRST one that came to mind was the E60 M5, but then i had to get realistic, she would NEVER let me buy an M5 because of the V10 which automatically means high cost for gas (costs twice as much as in the states) and insurance, so i tested a couple of cars. A couple of pretty good, fun cars, but i never really got that KICK i was looking for.. And a couple of days ago she asked me how the "car hunt" was going and i simply told her that it wasn't too good because it didn't matter how many cars i tested, i couldn't buy my dream car, the M5.. "And why is that?" she said. And i told her that the car may not be expensive to buy (compared to the others it's actually not that bad), but it's not cheap at all to own. "Well, if we can afford the car of your dreams, you should buy the car of your dreams". And i was in complete shock for a couple of hours, didn't really expect for her to say that. So now you could pretty much say that i'm not just looking for a kick-ass car.. i'm looking for a kick-ass M5 seen a couple in Sweden, but always something wrong, and i'm a pretty picky guy (is that how you say it?).. so, when i find the M5 that i want, it's mine but if don't find it in the next 2 weeks, i'll wait for next year and just get one from Germany because they have the best ones.

So, that's pretty much the only thing you need to know about me i guess haha.. thanks for reading my "short" story and i'll just be hanging here and commenting your topics and posts until i get my car

and to the mrs: u da best!!

(sorry if the english isn't perfect, hope you understood everything, if you have any questions, feel free to ask)
Old 10-18-2011, 10:04 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

It does sound like you have found a kick ass lady. Congrats and good luck on your hunt!