New Member Introductions Please introduce yourself. Everyone here was once new to the 5 Series Forums so don't be shy! Welcome!

New Member Intro

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 05:20 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking New Member Intro

Hey everyone, new member here. This is my second post, my first did not yield any responses, although it was a relatively uninteresting topic. So to redeem myself, I guess I should introduce myself.

I currently own my second BMW. My first one, a '92 525i (e34) is still mine, but isn't currently in the same state, or running for that matter (transmission issues, new one coming soon!). She's still a work in progress. I recently bought a '04 530i that just passed 100k miles (bought it with 98k). Sports and premium packages, shadow line trim, automatic trans, adaptive headlights. Not as many options as I would like, but whatever. It had one previous owner, and was serviced regularly by the dealer, or at least that's what the car fax says. Seems so, besides a few minor issues. I recently put new tires, on the rear only as the front tires were nearly new, and had her front brakes replaced, rotors, pads, and fluid. Rear pads and rotors will be soon, but they are still fresh enough. I had a xenon bulb (passenger side) replaced as well, and right after had halo bulb die (driver side). Frustrating.

With my next oil change which is coming up in a few weeks, I'm replacing the air filter (maybe K&N) and cabin filters. Coming up on a move also, and before that long haul I plan on doing a full fluid replacement (coolant, trans, diff).

No mods have been done to it, besides the ridiculously tinted rear windows. Looks really good on the alpine white. I know with the M54 engine, engine mods are kind of limited....very limited. but I guess I'll hold out for the next ride, whenever that is. I plan on replacing that halo bulb with an LED bulb (will definitely get the pair..duh), and the K&N filter, with an RPI scoop, as I have heard from this forum that aFe is a waste of money. Also, I totally am bugging the better half for the M5 body kit for the holidays, probably won't happen though .

So, as a first time member, I'm open to any suggestions to preventative maintenance, mods, etc. I'm not a professional technician, but it's always been a hobby. The BMW is still relatively new to me though, projects had to start somewhere, and I've finally made my way up to my favorite, the 5 series.

Very happy to finally take the time to become a member.