New Member Introductions Please introduce yourself. Everyone here was once new to the 5 Series Forums so don't be shy! Welcome!

New member, first time BMW owner.

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 08:24 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member, first time BMW owner.

Let me start off by saying hello to all the members on this site. I am a first time BMW owner and I have to say the minute I left the dealership I knew that the BMW I got was perfect for me. I purchased a Platinum Gray Metallic 535i with about 60k on it. Not all the bells and whistles like some of you but I'm satisfied.

I previously owned a 2010 Chev Camaro Blk/Blk and I have to truly say this is by far the worse car I could have ever purchased. To hell with that car, I've had engine issues which led to it having to have a engine swap. Quality issues in both interior and exterior, especially the paint. The car was in the shop more than it was in my hands. And I KNOW this BMW will not give me the same issues.

Enough with all that. I got some questions I got to ask if you guys could help me out.

- With my car being at about 60k, and I don't have any maintenece papers on me, what should I look out for? I've read around and saw that I should definitely get my spark plugs changed out.

- at my time of purchase I ordered the " Exterior/Interior Package" which takes care of any damage done on both exterior and interior absolutely free. I figured there might be a catch to this but I don't know for sure? Anybody got some info on this?

- with my car color being said above, I was thinking of going with either a Carbon fiber accent around the car or a flat black look. I'm stuck here and was curious to see others opinion on it.

I have more but can't think of any right now, but thanks in advance for any help.