New Member Introductions Please introduce yourself. Everyone here was once new to the 5 Series Forums so don't be shy! Welcome!

New member from Arkansas

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 01:22 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 525i

Hi everyone, just wanted to introduce myself. I bought an 04 525i about 5 days ago and I've been browsing the site to make sure I didn't make a terrible mistake, haha.

Anyways, to make a long story short, this is my first BMW, and I'm very happy with it so far, but I'm expecting the honeymoon to end soon. I've been reading a bunch of threads about the various problems with this car and it makes me pretty nervous, as my car has 100K and no service history according to CARFAX (hmm....), but it was a previous lease and then CPO according to the docs in the owner's manual case, which leads me to believe that it was decently cared for my its previous owners (I'm the third). I hope to be able to make some sort of useful contribution to the site, but I'll probably take it slow and catch up on the last 7 years of E60 information first. Feel free to rag on me if I make any stupid posts in the meantime.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:59 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by ray=out
Hi everyone, just wanted to introduce myself. I bought an 04 525i about 5 days ago and I've been browsing the site to make sure I didn't make a terrible mistake, haha.

Anyways, to make a long story short, this is my first BMW, and I'm very happy with it so far, but I'm expecting the honeymoon to end soon. I've been reading a bunch of threads about the various problems with this car and it makes me pretty nervous, as my car has 100K and no service history according to CARFAX (hmm....), but it was a previous lease and then CPO according to the docs in the owner's manual case, which leads me to believe that it was decently cared for my its previous owners (I'm the third). I hope to be able to make some sort of useful contribution to the site, but I'll probably take it slow and catch up on the last 7 years of E60 information first. Feel free to rag on me if I make any stupid posts in the meantime.
Hope you're faring well with the horrible weather in Arkansas! If your car didn't come with an owner's manual download one at the Information section of the forum - it'll help answer lots of questions about your new-to-you BMW. That way you won't get a newbee flogging. And, the search feature will help you determine if someone has already asked any dumb question you were thinking of asking

That said, let the party begin!!
Old 04-28-2011, 05:39 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

My little sis just moved out there. I hope all is well with you and your family. She has told me the stories concerning the weather.

Welcome to the forums.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:23 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 525i

thanks for the welcome and the concern guys. yeah, it's been pretty unnerving the last few weeks, but my family has been fine, so far. i just hope this weather settles down sometime soon.