New Member Introductions Please introduce yourself. Everyone here was once new to the 5 Series Forums so don't be shy! Welcome!

New M5 owner saying hello

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 12:29 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: M5 E60

BMW M5 E60 individual carbon black metallic.

Cargraphic 3 piece rims with Conti 255/30/21 and 295/25/21.
Hartge splitter & diffuser.
Hartge lowering springs.
Hartge leather steering wheel.
Hartge aluminium pedals.
Carbon grille, badges, side gills and lower mirror covers.
Weisslicht angel eyes and licence plate light.
CA-Automotive carbon door pins.
BMW USA M5 embroidered floor and trunk mats.

Tuning:
RPI ram air scoops with block off plates and BMC air filters. RPI under drive pulley kit.
Manhart Racing manifolds and primary kat delete, delimited, remap including smg.
Modified throttle bodies. Engine management defaults to P500.
Estimated 570 - 590 bhp and 560 - 580 Nm. Soon to be dynoed.
Manhart Racing 3.91 differential.

Hi-Fi
Bavarian Sound Work (11) Stage 1 speaker upgrade, Hertz Mille ML 2500 subwoofer with ported enclosure.
Audison LRx 5.1MT amplifier, Audison bit-one digital sound processor.
7 inch Alpine head rest screens with leather covers, DVD changer, digital tv.

Wishlist
Stoptech BBK
Carbon fibre air box and air filters housing.
AC-Schnitzer aluminium strut brace.
Hartge exhaust with oval tips.
Old 01-14-2010, 03:32 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Congrats on the M5 and to 5Series.net.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:19 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Originally Posted by M-bitious' post='1090419' date='Jan 14 2010, 01:29 AM
BMW M5 E60 individual carbon black metallic.

Cargraphic 3 piece rims with Conti 255/30/21 and 295/25/21.
Hartge splitter & diffuser.
Hartge lowering springs.
Hartge leather steering wheel.
Hartge aluminium pedals.
Carbon grille, badges, side gills and lower mirror covers.
Weisslicht angel eyes and licence plate light.
CA-Automotive carbon door pins.
BMW USA M5 embroidered floor and trunk mats.

Tuning:
RPI ram air scoops with block off plates and BMC air filters. RPI under drive pulley kit.
Manhart Racing manifolds and primary kat delete, delimited, remap including smg.
Modified throttle bodies. Engine management defaults to P500.
Estimated 570 - 590 bhp and 560 - 580 Nm. Soon to be dynoed.
Manhart Racing 3.91 differential.

Hi-Fi
Bavarian Sound Work (11) Stage 1 speaker upgrade, Hertz Mille ML 2500 subwoofer with ported enclosure.
Audison LRx 5.1MT amplifier, Audison bit-one digital sound processor.
7 inch Alpine head rest screens with leather covers, DVD changer, digital tv.

Wishlist
Stoptech BBK
Carbon fibre air box and air filters housing.
AC-Schnitzer aluminium strut brace.
Hartge exhaust with oval tips.
Damn that's an impressive list. Our performance mods are similar except I don't have throttle bodies or the 3.91 diff. Were your throttle bodies custom modified and by who? Dinan seems like the only tuner that offers them but I didn't think $3K for such minimal gains were worth it.

Any more info on the Manhard manifolds? Are they tube-style headers or are they the factory ones with the primary cats removed, similar to what RPI offers?

On your wishlist, have you considered the Dinan carbon fiber intakes and their CF strut braces? I have both are I'm happy with them.

And why not get the RPI exhaust? But I can see why you may want the Hartge since you have a lot of Hartge products as well.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:31 AM
Members

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='1090521' date='Jan 14 2010, 04:19 PM
Damn that's an impressive list. Our performance mods are similar except I don't have throttle bodies or the 3.91 diff. Were your throttle bodies custom modified and by who? Dinan seems like the only tuner that offers them but I didn't think $3K for such minimal gains were worth it.

Any more info on the Manhard manifolds? Are they tube-style headers or are they the factory ones with the primary cats removed, similar to what RPI offers?

On your wishlist, have you considered the Dinan carbon fiber intakes and their CF strut braces? I have both are I'm happy with them.

And why not get the RPI exhaust? But I can see why you may want the Hartge since you have a lot of Hartge products as well.
The throttle bodies were a one off modification by Manhart-racing. He's the guy that does the V8 and V10 engine conversions for Hartge, Hamann, G-power etc. The Manhart manifolds are tubi style (I believe they are produced by Mos-tec in Germany. I am happy with just the RPI ram air. I believe the Dinan strut brace is better than AC- Schnitzer, but it is so darn nice to have You could almost say that the combination of Hartge and Manhart means my car is a Hartge edition, and I also like my exhaust to be quiet. I have a 2 day old cat back Fox system lying around because it was too noisy. I really love the 3.91 differential. The car pulls much stronger and at 335 kmh and 8,000 rpm I still have 400 rpm left.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

to the forum. The M5 is a great car. Now you need to start modding it so that it does not look like all the other M5s on the road. May I suggest chrome trim around the windows?
Old 01-14-2010, 06:36 AM
Members

Originally Posted by porsche911targa' post='1090528' date='Jan 14 2010, 04:33 PM
to the forum. The M5 is a great car. Now you need to start modding it so that it does not look like all the other M5s on the road. May I suggest chrome trim around the windows?
How much faster will the car accelerate?
Old 01-14-2010, 06:49 AM
Contributors

Location: Milky Way, Earth, N. America, CA, San Jose, 95136, Latitude N 37� 16.837, Longitude W 121� 50.461
My Ride: 2004 530i | Sapphire Black | Sport | Premium | NAV | Logic 7 | DPE R07 Variant S Gloss Black with Polished Lip 20x8.5 front 20x10 rear | Falken FK452 tires 245/30/20 front 275/30/20 rear | H&R Coilovers | Smoked Tail Lights | M5 trunk spoiler | AC Schnitzer style roof spoiler | HID 8000K headlights & foglights | 35% tint all around | Sprint Booster | Speed Innovation ECU tuning | M5 trunk finisher | M-Tech body kit | Remus Quad Exhaust | AC Schnitzer style pedals | Euro Stickers | RPi Ram Air Induction | Smoked LED Side Lenses | AC Schnitzer style e-brake handle | AC Schnitzer style shifter | AC Schnitzer style iDrive knob | AC Schnitzer style carbon fiber diffuser | carbon fiber hood/trunk/steering emblems | carbon fiber grilles | carbon fiber door pillars | MTEC v2 Angel Eyes | Hamann style carbon fiber splitter

welcome... enjoy your stay...
Old 01-14-2010, 06:53 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by M-bitious' post='1090526' date='Jan 14 2010, 07:31 AM
The throttle bodies were a one off modification by Manhart-racing. He's the guy that does the V8 and V10 engine conversions for Hartge, Hamann, G-power etc. The Manhart manifolds are tubi style (I believe they are produced by Mos-tec in Germany. I am happy with just the RPI ram air. I believe the Dinan strut brace is better than AC- Schnitzer, but it is so darn nice to have You could almost say that the combination of Hartge and Manhart means my car is a Hartge edition, and I also like my exhaust to be quiet. I have a 2 day old cat back Fox system lying around because it was too noisy. I really love the 3.91 differential. The car pulls much stronger and at 335 kmh and 8,000 rpm I still have 400 rpm left.
I've heard of Manhart but don't know a lot about them. I know they entered an M3 touring in the Nardo speed challenge.

I understand what you mean about having a quiet system. I don't like my car being too loud and that's the main reason I don't have the RPI system but as each day goes by, I'm leaning towards just saying F'it and get it. haha

I almost picked up the Dinan diff once but have heard mixed reviews so I didn't pull the trigger. Now you're making me rethink my decision. Oh boy.....
Old 01-14-2010, 07:01 AM
Members

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='1090541' date='Jan 14 2010, 04:53 PM
I've heard of Manhart but don't know a lot about them. I know they entered an M3 touring in the Nardo speed challenge.

I understand what you mean about having a quiet system. I don't like my car being too loud and that's the main reason I don't have the RPI system but as each day goes by, I'm leaning towards just saying F'it and get it. haha

I almost picked up the Dinan diff once but have heard mixed reviews so I didn't pull the trigger. Now you're making me rethink my decision. Oh boy.....
I dare to say that Manhart is the most knowledgeable tuner V10 guy there is. Their M3 touring with a V10 was wonderful, it was in his shop last month. I have a software remap but he just released a better version with yet another 15 bhp and improved smg software. Dinan did have some problems with their diff in the beginning, but it seems it is now all sorted and no one has any more problems.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:27 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by M-bitious' post='1090543' date='Jan 14 2010, 08:01 AM
I dare to say that Manhart is the most knowledgeable tuner V10 guy there is. Their M3 touring with a V10 was wonderful, it was in his shop last month. I have a software remap but he just released a better version with yet another 15 bhp and improved smg software. Dinan did have some problems with their diff in the beginning, but it seems it is now all sorted and no one has any more problems.
Yeah I read about the noise issues associated with the diff a few years back when I got the car but haven't heard much about it since. But there's that one thread by member Wolverine where his diff failed after I think about 50K miles and Dinan wouldn't help with the repairs. He was hoping that would at least do something to help even though it was out of warranty since that seems like not a lot of miles for the diff to fail.

On the performance side though, seems like some people don't think the increased torque to the ground was noticeable at all. Others like you seem to love it.

Quick Reply: New M5 owner saying hello