New Member Introductions Please introduce yourself. Everyone here was once new to the 5 Series Forums so don't be shy! Welcome!

New "kid" on the block

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 03:54 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hallo Everyone,
Today I have a few things to celebrate - all BMW related . First of all, last Friday, I've picked up my first brand new BMW. Secondly it is my first post on the forum.

While waiting for the delivery I was lurking on the forum to get some valuable info about the rig. I've learnt a lot (thanks guys ) and during Friday's pick up I familiarized with the rig very quickly. I think it is high time for me to introduce myself and contribute to that fantastic E60 forum.

For last 10 years I was driving AUDIs and was pretty happy about it. My last rig was Audi A4 V6 Quattro. Its on road handling and performance was amazing plus saved my life several times. Recently I realized that A4 is too small for my family needs. I've test-droved A6 and didn't like it. IMHO its styling is too boring. BMW 5 series became the natural alternative. To make long story short I ordered BMW 5 series E60 2.0d (PS 177, Nm 350). I had a tight budget and had to do some trade offs and compromises. Safety and comfort were my priorities - sport character was given . Below you can assess the final result:

My first impression is very positive. I did not realize that the 5 series is such a big car. Its design is so light, aggressive and powerful that one can forget that it is a comfortable limousine in the first place. I love the quality of built and materials. From obvious reasons I couldn't test the full range of its on road virtuous. On the over hand I can drop a line about the comfort:

The interior - front: I ordered the standard seats with Sensatec, a sport steering wheel and new in 520d Steptronic Joystick.

The good news was that the standard seats had proper/adjustable head restraints.

The cockpit: enjoy

New projector headlights:

The interior - back: 5 series is also a passenger?s car...

...and something extra for those who stayed with me till the end of that long post:

My mobile appeared to be handy at the dealership - I took that unique photo for family archive .
Old 02-10-2008, 04:11 AM
Members

My Ride: F11 520d

Welcome to club!

I fully agree your comments about A6 styling. Fine car anyway but boring.
Old 02-10-2008, 04:25 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i 2006 BMW X3

Congrats and enjoy. I've had my 5 Series for 4 months and still love it. Welcome to the forum. Its a great place to learn about the car and socialize as well. I hope the dealer put fuel in the car before you had to chance running out on the way to a station.
Old 02-10-2008, 04:31 AM
Members

Hello FZJ80,

Congrats on your new ride!

It's always a pleasure to see new Jet Black E60 with beige interior! Excellent color combo.

Enjoy and welcome to forums!

Btw. you are dangerously low on fuel
Old 02-10-2008, 04:47 AM
Members

My Ride: 04' 525i in Mystic Blue

Hello and congrats on the beautiful car!

BTW, loved the way you finished the post
Old 02-10-2008, 05:07 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Welcome on board and congrats on the new ride!

Pleased to here the forum helped you with your choice... and a great one it was too
Old 02-10-2008, 06:00 AM
Members

Thanx for all your comments . I like the interior too.

That what makes me even more satisfied is the fact that E60 is very well equipped in standard option. By adding a few "must haves" you have a pimped ride .
Old 02-10-2008, 06:06 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i | Black Sapphire Metallic | Black Dakota Leather | Anthracite Maple | 6 Speed Manual | Sport Package | Logic 7 | Sirius Satellite Radio
Model Year: 2005

It looks great!! Congratulations! That must be a record for the lowest mileage, or "kilometerage"
Enjoy!
Old 02-10-2008, 06:09 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Richard in NC' post='529471' date='Feb 10 2008, 02:25 PM
Congrats and enjoy. I've had my 5 Series for 4 months and still love it. Welcome to the forum. Its a great place to learn about the car and socialize as well. I hope the dealer put fuel in the car before you had to chance running out on the way to a station.
I will clarify the "out of fuel" issue.

The photo was taken at the dealership during the first presentation of my rig. When I saw the 1km on the odometer I had to document it . Coming back to the fuel level issue - in Poland the market practice is to sell the brand new car with 2-3 liters of fuel. You are informed about it during the procedure. Is it the market practice worldwide?
Old 02-10-2008, 06:22 AM
Contributors

Very nice! Congrats and

Quick Reply: New "kid" on the block