New Member Introductions Please introduce yourself. Everyone here was once new to the 5 Series Forums so don't be shy! Welcome!

New here and wanted to introduce myself and my 550i

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 07:22 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The wife and i bought a 550i to play with and it was stolen not to long after we bought it, keys somehow went missing, long story but regardless.. 4 months later we have it back and started modding it the minute it got back in the driveway. So heres where we are now
looking forward to full exhaust and a tune ASAP

Right now its on koni struts and sport springs , took the 20s off and went back to satin painted stocks
rieger front end , TIS GTR hood , removed the fins in the grills, carbon kidneys , satin eyelids
3m 3d carbon roof wrap, 5w white led halos , AC shnitzer roof wing and trunk spoiler, k&n drop in and charcoal delete

It also has an SQ built system in it with 3 10s in a bandpass ported into the rear deck and a full component swap

I can honestly say.. if i was a millionaire.. i would still be driving a modded e60 550i as a daily driver. I LOVE this car!!

Next up.. there is a foam gasket missing between the hood and bumper i need to pick up.. smoke the tails.. a few more carbon pieces.. trunk (painted to match) and door pillars for sure.. smoked side markers.. a custom tune and exhaust.. maybe some kinda cai.. and eventually go back to rims.. but not till i can do a lightweight 3 pc concave

Thanks for looking.. if there is any tips tricks or must haves i should get in on.. Let me know!!
Old 07-22-2011, 11:08 AM
Senior Members

nice looking ride buddy
love the gtr hood just curious, you can open and close the vents? what do you do when you need to wash your car?
where did you get it? i might switch to that. love the color of your car so easy to mod, space gray u thinking of getting lci tails and headlights? where did you get the satin eyelids?? well i'm going lci headlights next week so i guess i won't need it but if its attachable and removable i might consider it..
thanks and good job on the car
btw: the rieger front bumper is amazing, you ever think about selling it pls let me know
Old 07-22-2011, 12:20 PM
Members

Originally Posted by jg525i
nice looking ride buddy
love the gtr hood just curious, you can open and close the vents? what do you do when you need to wash your car?
where did you get it? i might switch to that. love the color of your car so easy to mod, space gray u thinking of getting lci tails and headlights? where did you get the satin eyelids?? well i'm going lci headlights next week so i guess i won't need it but if its attachable and removable i might consider it..
thanks and good job on the car
btw: the rieger front bumper is amazing, you ever think about selling it pls let me know

the eyelids are just matte vinyl.. so yea they are removable.. but just once

The vents on the hood come on and off, but they are siliconed closed right now.. thinking of just popping off the outer ones and leaving them off.

The 3D Carbon fiber vinyl on the roof and the carbon kidneys were just done yesterday.. and man.. it made SUCH an impact..

decided on the magnaflow exhaust i think.. probably doing it sometime the first week of next month
Old 02-24-2024, 06:33 AM
New Members

My Ride: 2008 550i polished stainless exhaust cold air intake
Default I must be stoooopid or something

Originally Posted by m0bmentality
the eyelids are just matte vinyl.. so yea they are removable.. but just once

The vents on the hood come on and off, but they are siliconed closed right now.. thinking of just popping off the outer ones and leaving them off.

The 3D Carbon fiber vinyl on the roof and the carbon kidneys were just done yesterday.. and man.. it made SUCH an impact..

decided on the magnaflow exhaust i think.. probably doing it sometime the first week of next month
i can’t see the pics of his car. Sounds so badass and like some things I may wanna do to my 550 but ….
Old 02-24-2024, 06:40 AM
Administrator

Received 99 Likes on 95 Posts
My Ride: 530xi
Model Year: 2007
Engine: N52

Originally Posted by BigRICK1973
i can’t see the pics of his car. Sounds so badass and like some things I may wanna do to my 550 but ….
You can try sending him a PM but given the age of the thread, he's likely to be long gone.
Old 02-24-2024, 06:48 AM
New Members

Default Your probably right

Originally Posted by JayArras
You can try sending him a PM but given the age of the thread, he's likely to be long gone.
if I had actually looked at the date being 13 years ago I wouldn’t have opened my mouth.😔
Old 02-24-2024, 08:02 AM
Administrator

Received 99 Likes on 95 Posts
My Ride: 530xi
Model Year: 2007
Engine: N52

You should have been given a warning that the thread was old.
Old 02-24-2024, 09:56 AM
New Members

Must have missed it. Oh well!