New Member Introductions Please introduce yourself. Everyone here was once new to the 5 Series Forums so don't be shy! Welcome!

New to forum

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 11:57 AM
sol
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello to all. I have been using the forum over the last few months as a guest looking for info on new 5 series. Everything I have read has been very informative and worth while. It is amazing how much information is available if you look. Anyway, I am presently turning in my 2004 Black sapphire 530 sport, loved the car. Before it I had a 2001 Toledo blue 525, great car as well. I recently put in my order for my 2008 550i. Chose the sport model with carbon black metallic and black interior, all the typical extras. I was somewhat concerned of color choice but finally got to see one up close, 2002 M5, and I think I will like it. I was initially worried it would be too flashy. I thought I would finally join so I could post and get your opinions of my decision. I appreciate all the previous info the forum has provided and thank you all in advance for your time and thoughts.
Old 03-21-2007, 12:10 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sol' post='405397' date='Mar 21 2007, 02:57 PM
Hello to all. I have been using the forum over the last few months as a guest looking for info on new 5 series. Everything I have read has been very informative and worth while. It is amazing how much information is available if you look. Anyway, I am presently turning in my 2004 Black sapphire 530 sport, loved the car. Before it I had a 2001 Toledo blue 525, great car as well. I recently put in my order for my 2008 550i. Chose the sport model with carbon black metallic and black interior, all the typical extras. I was somewhat concerned of color choice but finally got to see one up close, 2002 M5, and I think I will like it. I was initially worried it would be too flashy. I thought I would finally join so I could post and get your opinions of my decision. I appreciate all the previous info the forum has provided and thank you all in advance for your time and thoughts.
First of all, welcome. I too started as a guest just reading and learning, until the LCI came along and I was addicted. I agree it's a great forum.

I think you made a fantastic choice on your car. The 550i is going to be an animal, and, even though I've never seen it, I think the carbon black will be stunning. Remember, it's the only 5 that it is available on (in US) and so I think it will be not only a conversation piece for enthusiasts, but also help re-sale value (even though I'm a big supporter of the notion that you buy for you and for now).

What were the extras you ordered?
Also a valuable tip I learned early is to identify in your personal section your geographic location. It definitely comes in handy at one time or another.
When is your car due?
Old 03-21-2007, 12:24 PM
sol
Members

Originally Posted by bmw093' post='405400' date='Mar 21 2007, 04:10 PM
First of all, welcome. I too started as a guest just reading and learning, until the LCI came along and I was addicted. I agree it's a great forum.

I think you made a fantastic choice on your car. The 550i is going to be an animal, and, even though I've never seen it, I think the carbon black will be stunning. Remember, it's the only 5 that it is available on (in US) and so I think it will be not only a conversation piece for enthusiasts, but also help re-sale value (even though I'm a big supporter of the notion that you buy for you and for now).

What were the extras you ordered?
Also a valuable tip I learned early is to identify in your personal section your geographic location. It definitely comes in handy at one time or another.
When is your car due?
Thanks. Should be mid/late April. Ordered with Cold, NAV, Ipod, no HUD. Working on profile...states error occurred.
Old 03-21-2007, 12:52 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Old 03-21-2007, 04:01 PM
DRG
Members

Hello all. As is obvious I am new to the forum so it will take a while for me to get used to all the particularities of using it, since I'm not very computer literate. I've been reading this forum since I experienced the first technical problem with my E60. Fortunately it was the only problem so far... I found the forum to be very enlighting and informative and I was able to go to the dealer and tell the mechanic what the problem was instead of waiting form him reinvent the wheel. I've been reading ever since, and at last I finally decided to go ahead and join so i could post views and opinions.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:21 PM
Contributors

Great choice for your new car ... that thing is going to be wicked! You may be among the first to get the new sport package in CB. We are all anxious to see some pics and to hear how the enhanced suspension feels and exhaust sounds.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:41 PM
sol
Members

Originally Posted by tachyon' post='405467' date='Mar 21 2007, 08:21 PM

Great choice for your new car ... that thing is going to be wicked! You may be among the first to get the new sport package in CB. We are all anxious to see some pics and to hear how the enhanced suspension feels and exhaust sounds.
I will post pictures soon after it arrives..will have to figure it out as it will be first time posting photos. What is the overall thought on carbon black with black interior? I know it is a personal thing and I like my choice but I am curious of what the individuals who have owned or seen carbon black with black interior think. Thanks
Old 03-21-2007, 04:47 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i JETBLACK/BLACK DAKOTA, COLD WEATHER PKG, PREMIUM PKG, ADAPTIVE XENON HEADLIGHTS, AUTO TRANSMISSION WITH 6 SPEED STEPTRONIC, BLUETOOTH SETUP,SAT SETUP AND WIFE AS CO-PILOT

welcome... and congrats, enjoy your new car....ericd
Old 03-21-2007, 04:50 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

welcome and congrats. enjoy your e60 once you get it.
Old 03-25-2007, 03:35 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 06 530XI Sapphire Black, Black Int. 6sp, Cold, Prem

Yes congrats, can't wait to see the carbon black.

Quick Reply: New to forum