New Member Introductions Please introduce yourself. Everyone here was once new to the 5 Series Forums so don't be shy! Welcome!

New to the 5, New to the forum, new to car customization (would love some advice)

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 08:11 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the 5, New to the forum, new to car customization (would love some advice)

I apologize if there are threads out there that contain all of this information. I was asked to make a short intro so here it is:

Hello everyone,
I just purchased a 2010 e60 535i xDrive and I couldn't be more excited. Fortunately or unfortunately I've stumbled across some information that tells me that I can get more out of my car than what it is right now (could only be unfortunate if I spend an inordinate amount of time and or money on it... not that bad). I have a few questions and I'm hoping for some feedback that pushes me down a good path.

1. The engine is great, I hear it can do better with a performance mod from Dinan or Vishnu. I'm sure there's already been a ton of discussion about but I cant seem to find a consensus (probably a good thing)

2. While the electronic entertainment package is extensive, it leaves quite a bit to be desired when it comes to compatibility with a mobile and the outside world. Is the best way to add functionality the addition of a combox retrofit?

3. I'm trying hard not to go too wild with other mods but the temptation is so high right now. I already love the car in its stock mode but I'm definitely okay with improving it. Any must do modifications out there?

I look forward to spending hours and hours on this forum,
Thank you in advance for any help,
Alex