New Member Introductions Please introduce yourself. Everyone here was once new to the 5 Series Forums so don't be shy! Welcome!

I'm NOT a newbie but my company is!

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 11:57 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

I can finally release my company name. It is called Motorcepts. My partner likes the word Motorworks and I like the work Concepts. Combined it together to get MOTORCEPTS.

The logo is missing a lot of items. An E30 M3 and an E60 M5. Also missing an S at the end but we have both motorcept.com and motorcepts.com

Thanks to ghostteck for helping us so far with the layout and prints of the shop.

Thanks to advans for helping us so far with the logo and interior design.

Question is, should I change my username to John@Motorcepts or keep as brabusw209amg? Other forums I will DEFINITELY change to John@Motorcepts

We will soon have the following members on board. My partners:

Leo@Motorcepts
Fred@Motorcepts

A preliminary design of our logo:

Motorcepts INC.
Street Address TBA
Richmond Hill, NY 11418

Old 12-02-2010, 01:32 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Congrats and good luck!

If you really don't want to change your screen name abruptly, phase it out. Create the new screen name parallel to this one and start re-directing everyone from your old one to the new one. Once majority of your correspondence starts to go to the new one, close out the old one for good.

Honestly, dude, had I not met you personally and dealt with you, I'd not even pay attention to a vendor who uses a name of another well-established tuner, let alone take him seriously - definitely wouldn't buy anything from him. It was okay when you were a "civilian", but now, you better grow up.
Old 12-02-2010, 04:36 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Hey John, cool Im very happy for you, on another note, youve already used the term John@motorcept(s) SO maybe you should keep the (S) at the end for the website, I kinda even like that for the name better too. The "s" at the end just sounds better, answering phones, emails, website, etc..

As for your name, I think you should switch it over, but maybe as Vlad said gradually do it on this site, cause alot of members who DONT know you know your name brabus. Ive even met a few who know you by that name. If it disappears people will ask where you went.

Email should be like your partners I think, John@motorcepts
Old 12-02-2010, 04:39 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

Congrats bro. I can see your vision.
Old 12-02-2010, 04:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by tonymac
I can see your vision.
and daaaamn, it looks blurry, esse

Like Mel said, s on the end is better. And like I said, change your screen name - its not professional to do business under another tuner's name.
Old 12-02-2010, 04:47 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Congrats John

I agree with the others, phase your current name out and actively use the new one... with the S!

Member alpinewhite did this a while back when he started using his @eurorev name instead. He was very well known regular poster in the forums like yourself and I think it was pretty obvious that the two user names were linked. Maybe nerweezy can explain more on how it was done / give any lessons learnt on how to do it better -- he was alpinewhite's "sushi post" partner after all!

Good luck, oh, and to the forums
Old 12-02-2010, 04:56 AM
lim
Senior Members

My Ride: e60

I design websites for fun and for profit

John: see http://mmomiddleman.com ; let me know if you are interested
Old 12-02-2010, 04:58 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2013
Engine: S63

congrats man, wow it must be so excited. Im so eager to open a shop in Miami now, there much need for a good quality performance shop around here.

As for the name, Ill say leave it as brabus, after all is the original.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:19 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

congrats bro
Old 12-02-2010, 09:01 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Nice man! I think you should keep your current user name. This is a pretty small forum and we all know who you are

EDIT: Now that Vlad mentioned it...Using a tuner name for your profile might not come off so well....

Quick Reply: I'm NOT a newbie but my company is!