New Member Introductions Please introduce yourself. Everyone here was once new to the 5 Series Forums so don't be shy! Welcome!

Hello from Potomac Maryland

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 02:01 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 Monaco Blue 530xi, Navigation, HUD, Premium Pack, Cold Weather, Comfort Seats, Comfort Access, Satellite, Logic7, Rear Side Airbags, PDC

New to BMW after driving Japanese cars for all my adult life.

I picked up a great 2006 CPO 530xi, and could not be happier with the entire purchase. I test-drove a local 525xi and knew that I wanted the xi version, and of course more power is better, right? A week later I find myself traveling 250 miles away to get a 530xi in just the color combination I wanted (Monaco Blue with Beige interior).

Not only did I get the 'must-have items', which for me was Navigation, Cold Weather, and relatively low miles, I was also able to get the following:
- HUD (amazing)
- Comfort Seats with Lumbar support (also amazing)
- Comfort Access
- Rear side airbag
- Fold down rear seat
- Logic 7
- Sirius Radio
- Front ventilated seats
- Park Distance Control

I still can't believe it, every time I get out of the car I look back and see this amazing driving machine sitting there, and realize that I'm grinning from ear to ear. Not to impress my friends, not to prove anything, only just to enjoy a remarkable piece of engineering, and to get 'from point A to point B' in great style.

The spouse and I discussed this for months - she was hesitant due to her bad experience with a VW years ago - she really wanted me to get another Lexus, like a GS or even an RX, and she realized that both of those choices just didn't 'do it' for me. While she would get her requirement (AWD) I could have just gotten a very simple RWD sedan. Believe it or not, I test drove a V6 Accord and a new-model Toyota Highlander as substitutes as well, and this was before making a visit to the local BMW dealer. I couldn't get very excited about the Honda nor the Toyota - both were nicer versions of what I had owned before, but of course I just didn't get excited about either choice.

And then THE CHECK came in, for a great Q3 performance. I'm in Sales to the government, and Q3 is the end of their fiscal year, and it was a great year for me with many customers spending end-of-year funds, even in difficult funding times. It was the largest check I've received in my life, some $15K more than I frankly expected, thanks to a number of factors. And the spouse approves an increase in my budget - and away to the BMW dealer I go.

The sales advisor is great - he gives me the keys to a 2007 CPO 525xi, no navigation in Mystic Blue, and I'm in heaven! He said for me to bring it back in 30 or 45 minutes,and I can hardly believe it. The handling and the power, all the things I've heard about BMW are quickly validated. I live close enough to bring it home to show the spouse, and she can tell I'm 'sold' on getting a BMW for my next set of wheels.

A few weeks later I find myself negotiating for a car I haven't seen - the car above that had 16K miles coming just off-lease. I realize a good deal from comparison shopping nationwide for CPO's, and was fine with making the arrangements to see the car for the first time with a check in hand.

Four days since I haven't been able to get the smile off my face.

Great to be here, what a group of like-minded folks!

Scooterdog
Old 11-26-2007, 02:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E60 530i Color: Jet Black/Black Anthracite STEP | Sport | Premium | NAV | Logic 7 EXTERIOR: M-Tech Kit | M5 Mirrors, Trunk Finisher | Jet Black Kidney Surrounds | Madico Charcool Tint 54%, 35% LIGHTING: Euro-Headlights | Euro-LCI Tail Lights | AiB V3.0 | Solaris Invisi-bulbs | OEM LED Plate Lights PERFORMANCE: Porterfield R4-S Brake Pads | K&N Air Filter WHEELS & SUSPENSION: Work VS-XX 20x9, 20x10 | Toyo T1R 245/30/20, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 295/25/20 | KW V2 Coilovers | Rogue Engineering 15mm Spacers

Welcome to the forums! You have just joined a community which will turn your wallet into a black hole. Enjoy the ride and post pics! Happy modding.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:44 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: G30 530i M-sport
Model Year: 2018

Congratulations on the car, and welcome to the forums. Be prepared to end up spending all your spare hours and dollars right here
Old 11-26-2007, 12:19 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Currently: (3/1/06) 2002 530i black on black prem, sport, cold, xenon.

welcome - Hope to see you around DC area soon! Great color combo!
Old 11-26-2007, 12:52 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

Congratulations ! great car and color combo !
Old 11-26-2007, 02:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Congratulations and welcome! Post some pics of your new ride.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '08 535i Titanium Silver, Grey Dakota Comfort Seats-Premium Pkg, Nav, ipod, PDC, Steptronic Proud BMW owner since 9-1-07

Welcome, also on my first BMW, a 535i. I feel like I have gotten away with something. Not that I don't deserve it, but that the car is so amazing and now that I've got one I jumped all the way up to this FAR FREAKIN' OUT MACHINE!!!

Sorry, never mind, just continue to post as normal.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:54 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535xi / Platinum Grey / Black leather / Step Auto / Sport / Premium / Cold weather / 18" wheels / Logic 7 / Comfort / ipod / Navigation / Fold Down Rear Seats / Rear Airbags / Sirius SAT / Spoiler / Extended Clear bra / Bluetooth. (Previously owned a 2002 sport 525I Loaded). On order: 535xi Platnium Grey with Black interior, Step Auto, Sports package, Premium package, Cold weather package, 18" wheels, Logic 7, Comfort access, ipod adapt, Navigation, Sat radio, Rear spoiler, Extended Clear coat bra.

I'm very happy for you. Enjoy the car in style and good luck....
Old 11-26-2007, 06:19 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Congrats on your new baby and congrats on finding the right forum!

Keep us posted on when the smile finally disappears from your face -- I predict it'll happen sometime in 2010 or 2011...but I could be wrong...it might last longer!
Old 11-26-2007, 06:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Congratulations and welcome to the Top 5 forum ever...pun intended.

Quick Reply: Hello from Potomac Maryland