New Member Introductions Please introduce yourself. Everyone here was once new to the 5 Series Forums so don't be shy! Welcome!

Hello , I'm new here , happy 4 of July to all

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2020, 08:02 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E 60 5 series BMW
Model Year: 2007
Engine: N52
Default Hello , I'm new here , happy 4 of July to all

Im new on the forum , with my first bmw e60 2007 525i, what i though was a great buy , is turning a nightmare, so please some help will be need from your knowledge to diy all.

I have a couple trouble, i have no a scanner, and when i bought the car , very good condition inside and engine was running good, so excited after test drive, I bought and( was not cheap neither) well because is in facebook that's not meant people are nice,

the car has a check engine light he told me DO NOT WORRY ABOUT IT THE SEAT BELT, because i been looking around i found the restricted seat belt "passanger side "very often, and i know is just a sensor, any way 3 months later i found out the check light isP0444 , nothing to do about the restrain seat belts pasanger side, also i found out the a/c has a leak and he just refilled and sold to me, ALSO I NEED TO BE SURE that the water is on the footwell is not coming from a( hopefully )clogged drain line from the evaporator now good luck he says is my problem because i used too much A/C in florida,

how do i open a new post here, to help me to change the compresor shaft seal and 3 "o" ring,

and the expansion valve, recevier dryer , because who knows how long he is adding freon to car and,

if you care the leak is minimun in 24hs with a -30 mercury dropped to -10

thank you for your future support in advance,

I want to really enjoy the car, please
Old 07-04-2020, 08:57 AM
Super Moderator

Received 311 Likes on 298 Posts
My Ride: 05 530i M54
Model Year: 05 530i
Engine: 3.0 M54

Welcome to the forum.

Your issues I wouldn't say is a nightmare just some love needs to be put in. You can go to the E60 Discussion section and start a new thread. One per issue. Also search in the DIY section first to see if there is always a thread covering your issues. I'm sure there is a thread covering the removal of the compressor. There's a lot of knowledge on the forum and as long as you can turn a wrench you'll be fine. Also look into getting the programs needed to work on the car (INPA, NCSEXPERT, tools32, etc). It will make you life a lot easier.
The following users liked this post:
Bmw4u (07-04-2020)
Old 07-04-2020, 10:38 AM
New Members

Default Thank you so much

Thank you so much, for take the time to let know, how to start, great everything has to be on e60 forum, i will see if any there or i will open a new one,
i really hope you right, that's just love to be added,
I GOT AFFRAID because is all to tightly , to work alot of plastic in the engine bay, and until I found you guys i was along .
Old 07-04-2020, 12:04 PM
Super Moderator

Received 311 Likes on 298 Posts
My Ride: 05 530i M54
Model Year: 05 530i
Engine: 3.0 M54

I've owned an E60 for over 10 years. They are just like any other car mechanically. I've done all my own work in my garage with no issues. Coding and programming where you need something extra. But if you can work on a computer and follow instructions you'll be fine with that.
Old 07-10-2020, 10:35 PM
Super Moderator

Received 189 Likes on 184 Posts
My Ride: '06 530i N52

You just gotta knock the issues out one at a time. How do you eat an elephant?

I've owned my e60 for 14 years. Hasn't been too bad yet (138K miles).

I still remember a friend of mine's dad owns a shop and was working on an e60 exactly like mine. I asked what does he see most often and he said electrical problems. For me, that's mostly what I've been experiencing.

You can also buy a BMW code reader if you don't want to fart around with a laptop to lug out to your car. I bought a
BMW code reader for $50 BMW code reader for $50

Last edited by donpb; 07-12-2020 at 12:53 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Bmw4u (07-11-2020)
Old 07-11-2020, 06:57 AM
New Members

Default E60 help a/c issues ,shake on idle not (codes)p0444 replace

Originally Posted by donpb
You just gotta knock the issues out one at a time. How do you eat an elephant?

I've owned my e60 for 14 years. Hasn't been too bad yet (138K miles).

I still remember a friend of mine's dad owns a shop and was working on an e60 exactly like mine. I asked what does he see most often and he said electrical problems. For me, that's mostly what I've been experiencing.

You can also buy a BMW code reader if you don't want to fart around with a laptop to lug out to your car. I bought a BMW code reader for $50.
thank you friend, i been told here the same , the car si bad , just need love, but the way the lie to me , how stupid i was on buying with out a bmw reader, git me frustrated, i still working on the ac for a week on more all parts around in the garage,
you mention the reader 50$ , if you could tell me the brand, another friend here jordan i belived his name tag, mention INPA, excel , what are the forums for a laptop connection, AGAIN I WILL HAVE FIX THESE FIRST SINCE THE CAR can NOT BE drive, and them tacked the read, i have a shake on idle and on reverse or when stop the car that star doing that after i bought, you know , is like these guy knew how to camuflage al the problems, i like the car ,I will love to be able to drive it around, i have a 103 miles back and to my job and got me worried, i don't work since march 12, but eventually i will start again,
thank you please let me here the info if you have it , when ready i just read here in case you are not around when i ready for .