5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://5series.net/forums/new-member-introductions-29/)
-   -   Greetings from Finland (https://5series.net/forums/new-member-introductions-29/greetings-finland-60893/)

Miikka 08-31-2008 08:06 PM

Hello everyone from Finland. Weather is already getting colder and you can feel the Autumn in the air.

What could be a better time to choose a new car than Autumn - after some careful thinking and some test driving, I am now favoring E60 over the other possible cars and I just have to finish some details with the options and colors.

I remember the time in my past when I was attending the driving school and at that time most of the driving schools were having 3-series BMWs as the teaching cars. Nowadays things are quite different and most of the schools have switched to some cheaper cars. Back then, it was the first time I spent some time with BMW driving it and I remember it being very good feeling. Years after years after getting my license I spent my driving time in some other cars, still enjoying the time but maybe something was missing. Now it is time to fix that and get a first BMW for myself and also a first RWD vehicle (should be interesting/fun during the winter).

I am really happy to be here and I have learned already really much in this forum (which has helped me to understand the huge amount of options available).

seoulman 08-31-2008 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Miikka' post='658763' date='Sep 1 2008, 01:06 PM
Hello everyone from Finland. Weather is already getting colder and you can feel the Autumn in the air.

What could be a better time to choose a new car than Autumn - after some careful thinking and some test driving, I am now favoring E60 over the other possible cars and I just have to finish some details with the options and colors.

I remember the time in my past when I was attending the driving school and at that time most of the driving schools were having 3-series BMWs as the teaching cars. Nowadays things are quite different and most of the schools have switched to some cheaper cars. Back then, it was the first time I spent some time with BMW driving it and I remember it being very good feeling. Years after years after getting my license I spent my driving time in some other cars, still enjoying the time but maybe something was missing. Now it is time to fix that and get a first BMW for myself and also a first RWD vehicle (should be interesting/fun during the winter).

I am really happy to be here and I have learned already really much in this forum (which has helped me to understand the huge amount of options available).

Welcome! Have fun choosing your RWD BMW and enjoy the forum! :)

info@trinityautosport 08-31-2008 08:54 PM

welcome and enjoy the forums.

vesil 09-01-2008 03:17 AM

Welcome to the Forum!

With current DSC and good winter tires you usually do not notice difference between FWD and RWD. If you take tires without studs, you will notice what DCS has to do to stabilize the car and if you want do it yourself, there is a little button in center console for fun :D

mrfva 09-01-2008 04:56 AM

Moi! :welcome: to the forum...

Weather's changing over there from what I hear (from my colleagues who travel and work in Finland). How many hours of daylight do you get nowadays? :) Any way, good luck with your choice, and feel free to ask any questions you may have.

narvselius 09-01-2008 05:20 AM

Tervetuloa Miikka!

Good luck with the rather pleasant process of finding a BMW that correlates to want you want and what you can afford... :whistle: :devil:

mtw1116 09-01-2008 07:43 AM

Welcome!!!!

DRANGED 09-01-2008 08:00 AM

Welcome aboard the board. :thumbsup:

flyingpuck 09-01-2008 08:09 AM

:welcome: Congrats on your near future purchase and enjoy the forums!! :twoup:

BlaSTiWi 09-01-2008 08:14 AM

:welcome: aboard!