New Member Introductions Please introduce yourself. Everyone here was once new to the 5 Series Forums so don't be shy! Welcome!

Greetings from Finland

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 08:06 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '09 LCI 520dA Business. Alpine White; Heated Standard seats in Beige Fusion Artificial Leather and Light poplar wood trim, high-gloss; Sport Steering Wheel; Automatic A/C with Extended features; Hi-Fi loudspeaker system; Cup holders; Cruise control with brake function; Heated ext. mirrors - folding, auto dimming; Xenons with Adaptive headlights and High-beam Assistant; PDC; Sunblinds for side and rear windows; USB interface; Extended Interior Lights Package; Soft-close doors; Windscreen with green shade band; Elec Fr Seats + Driver Memory; Smokers Package; Floor mats, velour

Hello everyone from Finland. Weather is already getting colder and you can feel the Autumn in the air.

What could be a better time to choose a new car than Autumn - after some careful thinking and some test driving, I am now favoring E60 over the other possible cars and I just have to finish some details with the options and colors.

I remember the time in my past when I was attending the driving school and at that time most of the driving schools were having 3-series BMWs as the teaching cars. Nowadays things are quite different and most of the schools have switched to some cheaper cars. Back then, it was the first time I spent some time with BMW driving it and I remember it being very good feeling. Years after years after getting my license I spent my driving time in some other cars, still enjoying the time but maybe something was missing. Now it is time to fix that and get a first BMW for myself and also a first RWD vehicle (should be interesting/fun during the winter).

I am really happy to be here and I have learned already really much in this forum (which has helped me to understand the huge amount of options available).
Old 08-31-2008, 08:09 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 530d XDrive M Sport

Originally Posted by Miikka' post='658763' date='Sep 1 2008, 01:06 PM
Hello everyone from Finland. Weather is already getting colder and you can feel the Autumn in the air.

What could be a better time to choose a new car than Autumn - after some careful thinking and some test driving, I am now favoring E60 over the other possible cars and I just have to finish some details with the options and colors.

I remember the time in my past when I was attending the driving school and at that time most of the driving schools were having 3-series BMWs as the teaching cars. Nowadays things are quite different and most of the schools have switched to some cheaper cars. Back then, it was the first time I spent some time with BMW driving it and I remember it being very good feeling. Years after years after getting my license I spent my driving time in some other cars, still enjoying the time but maybe something was missing. Now it is time to fix that and get a first BMW for myself and also a first RWD vehicle (should be interesting/fun during the winter).

I am really happy to be here and I have learned already really much in this forum (which has helped me to understand the huge amount of options available).
Welcome! Have fun choosing your RWD BMW and enjoy the forum!
Old 08-31-2008, 08:54 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

welcome and enjoy the forums.
Old 09-01-2008, 03:17 AM
Members

My Ride: F11 520d

Welcome to the Forum!

With current DSC and good winter tires you usually do not notice difference between FWD and RWD. If you take tires without studs, you will notice what DCS has to do to stabilize the car and if you want do it yourself, there is a little button in center console for fun
Old 09-01-2008, 04:56 AM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Moi! to the forum...

Weather's changing over there from what I hear (from my colleagues who travel and work in Finland). How many hours of daylight do you get nowadays? Any way, good luck with your choice, and feel free to ask any questions you may have.
Old 09-01-2008, 05:20 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: F11 -14

Tervetuloa Miikka!

Good luck with the rather pleasant process of finding a BMW that correlates to want you want and what you can afford...
Old 09-01-2008, 07:43 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 Bimmer, Sports Package, Premium Package, Black/Black, Xenon Lights, 20
Model Year: 2005

Welcome!!!!
Old 09-01-2008, 08:00 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Welcome aboard the board.
Old 09-01-2008, 08:09 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Congrats on your near future purchase and enjoy the forums!!
Old 09-01-2008, 08:14 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

aboard!

Quick Reply: Greetings from Finland