New Member Introductions Please introduce yourself. Everyone here was once new to the 5 Series Forums so don't be shy! Welcome!

E60 San Francisco Love!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2013, 06:37 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i Sports Package
Default E60 San Francisco Love!

2013 has been a great year! On 12/18/2013 I picked up my blue 2005 545i with 90K miles and I could not be any more impressed by such a nice overall performance sedan. I am new to the BMW world as this is my second one, first was an E30 I purchased just 4 months ago. Before this I was, and still am, in the rotary scene.
Sad to say that I may need to go to the dealer tomorrow as the car doesn't start every now and then. It is so weird because once it does start it's totally fine. No hesitation or stumbles. Anyways I hope it gets sorted out, I still have the 2 year warranty.

A new person in love with his E60

~Shar
Old 12-22-2013, 06:46 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2007 s2si and 2010 M5

santa cruz E60 love here
Old 12-22-2013, 07:22 PM
Contributors

Enjoy the new ride - welcome to the forum!
Old 12-22-2013, 07:30 PM
Contributors

Btw - Hi from San Ramon!
Old 12-23-2013, 05:06 AM
New Members

What's up what up people! Thanks for the welcome and yes I have been enjoying it every single time I wake up to go to work and the minute I get off to drive home

~Shar

Last edited by blizzaga; 12-23-2013 at 08:09 AM.
Old 12-23-2013, 12:26 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Nice, welcome Bay Area member!
Old 12-23-2013, 03:50 PM
Members

My Ride: Fully loaded Dinan Tuned E60 545i Sports Sedan, featuring Dinan high flow intake system, Dinan free flow exhaust, Dinan high flow throttle body, Dinan Stage 3 Performance Engine Management Software, Dinan camber plates, Dinan carbon fiber strut tower brace, Dinan 19" lightweight forged wheelset, Dinan/Brembo GT big brake system, Dinan Polished Aluminum Pedal Kit, BMW "M" footrest, Bridgestone Potenza RE050A RFT's, OEM rear deck spoiler, OEM sun/wind deflector, OEM illuminated BMW door sills, debadged (official "Dinan 5 badging"/emblem earned).

Originally Posted by blizzaga
2013 has been a great year! On 12/18/2013 I picked up my blue 2005 545i with 90K miles and I could not be any more impressed by such a nice overall performance sedan.

A new person in love with his E60

~Shar

Welcome Shar and happy holidays to you and YOURS! congrats on your 'new' ride also, which happens to be what I currently drive as well (albeit slightly modded here with a few goodies!).

Also, that's wonderful to hear your ride has 90K miles on it and still going strong for the most part and that you're enjoying the motorsport experience overall!

I have 12.4K miles (yes, you read correctly) to date on my ride (strictly a weekender ride only), so I'm looking forward to plenty more fun and good times ahead.

It's already way more car than I could ever need or use, but otherwise very happy with it. Even more so now, with my iPod intergration and iPhone 5S working in complete harmony with my ride. ha ha.

Again, welcome, congrats and best wishes!
Old 12-24-2013, 06:42 AM
New Members

GOLD PANDA

Geez!! 12k miles! That is insane! I truly am having tons of fun with it. Being an owner of a 1993 RX7 I am really numb to what people consider "a nice handling car" and the E60 definitely brings it! I never really drank the cool aid for BMW and it's amazing suspension work but I am slowly becoming a believer. Just this weekend I went canyon carving with a buddy and his nicely tuned suspension work on his GS300 and there are a few things I want to do. The "upgrades" I plan to do soon are sway bars and a custom strut bar.

BTW I'm sure people know who "nomis_nehc", his work on headlights/taillights are amazing! I guess he also runs his own small business under BossCatDesigns.

~Shar
Old 12-24-2013, 01:19 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: 530i
Model Year: 2004
Engine: M54

welcome to the forum. i also have an E30 and an E60. post some pictures! have you done anything to the E30 yet?
Old 12-24-2013, 01:21 PM
Members

My Ride: Fully loaded Dinan Tuned E60 545i Sports Sedan, featuring Dinan high flow intake system, Dinan free flow exhaust, Dinan high flow throttle body, Dinan Stage 3 Performance Engine Management Software, Dinan camber plates, Dinan carbon fiber strut tower brace, Dinan 19" lightweight forged wheelset, Dinan/Brembo GT big brake system, Dinan Polished Aluminum Pedal Kit, BMW "M" footrest, Bridgestone Potenza RE050A RFT's, OEM rear deck spoiler, OEM sun/wind deflector, OEM illuminated BMW door sills, debadged (official "Dinan 5 badging"/emblem earned).

Originally Posted by blizzaga

Just this weekend I went canyon carving with a buddy and his nicely tuned suspension work on his GS300 and there are a few things I want to do. The "upgrades" I plan to do soon are sway bars and a custom strut bar.

~Shar

hey again! Merry XMAS eve to you also! yes, our rides handle very impressively and confidently indeed, particularly for a 5 passenger full size car with so much bulk and size!

yep, every time I get behind the wheel, it's truly an awe inspiring experience, the much talked about motorsport driving experience all seems to come to together for me - be it braking, handling, speed and acceleration, safety and security, not to mention the all important creature comforts of course also, etc., talk about complete packages here.

best wishes on your modding future also! you'll have fun, just like I did when I decided on a few modest upgrades.

like I shared previously, my ride is now way more car than I could ever use, need and probably even handle, dare I say!! ha ha. throwing on sway and strut bars will certainly sharpen and enhance your rides' overall handling prowess for sure also! okay, have fun now and take care buddy!

BEST REGARDS

Quick Reply: E60 San Francisco Love!