New Member Introductions Please introduce yourself. Everyone here was once new to the 5 Series Forums so don't be shy! Welcome!

Beginning Member

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2015, 12:18 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E46 325i 5spd
Default Beginning Member

Hello fellow enthusiasts,

Allow me to introduce myself, and share what is relevant about me. My name is Michael, I was introduced to BMW in general, by my late father. Over the years he and my mother owned various BMWs: E28 535i, E34 525i, E32 735i, E38 750iL, E90 325i, and finally an E46 325i. I arranged them in the chronology that I recall my parents owning them, the last two became mine. In general my family is strange when it comes to cars (our family name is Carr), in other words we name them.
I recall most of the names, but I will only burden you with the two I own(ed). The E90 was an 18th birthday/college gift from my mother, that I named Willie, I was absolutely in love with the car (I jokingly called it my second girlfriend). I had first-car syndrome, bad, I memorized the VIN, the reason I learned chassis codes, I learned the engine designation as well, the car (Willie) at many times helped me feel better on bad days, and reminded me of my dad after he passed. Ultimately I drove out one morning, very tired, helping a friend, and I got hit by a truck. Willie performed flawlessly, everyone was fine, except her. I practically broke down on the spot, and was depressed for months after (yes, I know I am strange). I wanted to make things easier on my overwhelmed mother (who was helping me with the paperwork), so I let them total the car (BIG MISTAKE), and used the insurance check to buy a car that she picked to replace it. This next car was the E46, (she has many names, most profane), Natalie. I am still driving Natalie, and trying to fix her up from the previous owner (I don't even want to talk about it). That is about where I decided to join this web community, I have stalked the articles of E90post, and 1addicts, for well over a year now. And decided it would be a good idea to consider a 5-Series, when I am done with Natalie (Soon).
Now I understand this was a long and complicated introduction, but please understand I condensed as much as I could (even longer complicated back-story and all that, best shared over a drink). So, that is me, and thanks to each of you for welcoming me into the community. Any questions? (Yes, that is a legitimate question, I am not being sarcastic)
-Michael
Old 05-18-2015, 05:19 AM
Administrator

Received 99 Likes on 95 Posts
My Ride: 530xi
Model Year: 2007
Engine: N52

to the forum, and thank you for sharing your story, Michael! No, you are not weird at all. I'm sure many of the members of this forum can tell similar stories. You've found some kindred spirits here. Welcome to the 5 Series community!
Old 05-19-2015, 01:12 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Michael,
Welcome to 5 Series forum!
Tim K. Umnitza sales