New Member Introductions Please introduce yourself. Everyone here was once new to the 5 Series Forums so don't be shy! Welcome!

530D owner introduction

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 02:12 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello all.

I've picked up a nice 530D 2005 218bhp recently. It's a sport model and I'm really pleased with it so far. It's carbon black with leather and logic 7.

On reading various posts on this forum I decided to undertake the following preventative maintenance:

I've blanked off the swirl flaps. I ordered both sizes and mine turned out to be the larger 33mm type. I followed a guide from here on cleaning the inlet manifold which could be used to change the flaps. It turned out to be quite a big job due to me not having a torx 45 bit to remove the strut brace. Had to go to B and Q to get one. Once all of the bolts and nuts on the manifold were undone it was tricky to get it to budge. 113k of gunk meant it was firmly glued on. Eventually got it to budge but then had wrestle with a sensor under the manifold which was very tricky to unclip. On the updside I'd prepared to clean the EGR and replace the loo roll oil breather/separator. Fortunately these had both been done by the previous owner. It's all done now and I'm glad I have nothing to worry about. The car has recently had a clutch and DMF replacement.

I read about the DPF getting clogged up. Fortunately I found a replacement one on eBay that was advertised as a 'particle filter' rather than 'particulate filter' meaning I bid just £93 for I and won. It was advertised as being second hand but had only on the car for 100 miles and the internals are still like new. I'm keeping it as a spare incase I need to use it.

I'm now considern a remap but not sure due to the mileage on the car.

Anyway, good to meet you all and looking forward to spending some time on here.

Cheers,

Matt