Meet & Greet Discussion Plan for and discuss meet and greets with fellow forum members along with other BMW events. Share the results too!

Thank you for this GREAT E60 community

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2005, 11:41 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04 525i, Premium Package, Cold package.

Like your rims better
Old 06-13-2005, 12:16 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: MY05 545i Jet Black with Auburn interior. SMG, Logic7, Sport Package, Comfort Seats, Navigation.

I personally would pay for that burger after I ordered it. But I can see why you're abset. Just hang out with your group next time.

I also wanted to comment on this 3 series, why in the name of our-sweet-lord-Jesus-of-Nazareth did they install monitor screens on the rear passenger head-rest?
Attached Thumbnails Thank you for this GREAT E60 community-rear_seat_screen.jpeg  
Old 06-13-2005, 01:36 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by speedracerF4i' date='Jun 13 2005, 02:16 PM
I personally would pay for that burger after I ordered it.? But I can see why you're abset.? Just hang out with your group next time.

I also wanted to comment on this 3 series, why in the name of our-sweet-lord-Jesus-of-Nazareth did they install monitor screens on the rear passenger head-rest?
[snapback]139112[/snapback]

hahaha ....i said the same thing...but i guess its PURELY for show. The car does look sweet
Old 06-13-2005, 01:41 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by speedracerF4i' date='Jun 13 2005, 04:16 PM
Considering the cars driving or stopped behind him will be able to hear what's playing, they might as well be able to see what's playing...
Old 06-13-2005, 01:52 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 525i Jet Black on Grey Interior--- Tint: Sides 20% Rear Windshield 5% Front Windshield 35% Wheels: Zenetti Five's 20" by 8.5(front) 20" by 10(rear)-- Tires: Pirelli Asimmetrico 245/35/20(front) 285/30/20(rear)-- Body: Hamann Full Front Spoiler, Rieger Side Skirts, Rieger Rear Apron, AC Schnitzer Trunk Wing Interior: AC Schnitzer Pedal Set and E-Break Springs: H&R Sport Springs-- Audio: 2 12" Kicker L7's with a Rockford Fosgate 1501bd Amp With Custom Trunk Enclosure SOON TO COME: -M5 Mirrors -M5 Trunk Finsher -Brembo GT Big Brake Kit -Hamann 6 Series Front Spliter Molded -Hamann Roof Wing -Full Custom Sound System with TV's

Originally Posted by bmw525i' date='Jun 13 2005, 03:41 PM
Like your rims better
[snapback]139107[/snapback]

Ya Not to many like my rims... In person my rims look a little better but in pics that look like crap but ooo well
Old 06-13-2005, 01:58 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Rudy' date='Jun 13 2005, 03:41 PM
[quote name='speedracerF4i' date='Jun 13 2005, 04:16 PM']I also wanted to comment on this 3 series, why in the name of our-sweet-lord-Jesus-of-Nazareth did they install monitor screens on the rear passenger head-rest?
Considering the cars driving or stopped behind him will be able to hear what's playing, they might as well be able to see what's playing...
[snapback]139125[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thats just an accident waiting to happen
Old 06-13-2005, 04:22 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Arrived 3 June 2005: 2005 545i - Orient Blue, Black interior, Sport, Steptronic, Cold Weather, NAV, Sirius, Logic7, Comfort Seats, Sunshades. What a glorious ride!

Originally Posted by ZinMe' date='Jun 13 2005, 01:12 AM
Too bad about the Acura owners.?? I am expecting my 545i to arrive in about two weeks and I also drive an '05 Acura TL as a commuting car.?? I have to say, I really like it- its handles very well and the car gives you a feeling of being in complete control of its motion and it communicates very well through steering, brakes, suspension etc...? For $30K, its unbeatable in my opinion.?? It's a totally different experience than a BMW however, which does all of the above, but the BMW is much more smooth and handles speed much better-- the e60s seem deceptively fast because the car is so competent and handles everything so well.

Anyway. not all Acura owners are "dick heads" and the TL is actually a pretty good ride.

I agree, the Accura boards are not nearly as interesting and informative as e60.net.
[snapback]138949[/snapback]
ZinMe, this is frightening, since I just lost my 2002 TL-S for my new Orient Blue 545 sport - really scary how similar your and my automotive experiences are. Had I been in the market for the 30K vehicle I would have opted for the new TL, no question, since I think it is the best car for anywhere near the $$$. I also think Honda is the best pure engine-maker in the world, with BMW the best for straight-6 and street V-8 technology. I know most people here are snotty about FWD, but I think a ride in a new TL with good shoes would pose a few questions about that IMO ...

All this being said, all the Gotrocks Bimmer owners who whine about AcuraZine owners asking for $5 to pay for burgers should realize that Honda owners are basically a bunch of cheap-a$$es. I should know. As to whether or not I am a dick-head, I plead the fifth.
Old 06-13-2005, 04:34 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Numero Uno in Richmond Va 04 530 6 speed, jet black, black dakota leather, xenons, red rear reflectors, 545 front grill, cold weather package, premium package, staggered 19 inch BBS rxII/michelins, H&R coilovers and intergrated, R1 concept drilled an
Model Year: 2004
Engine: 530i

i like the both of them, CHROME however is not my cup of tea on a bimmer but they look great i really want to lower mine but dont want any warrenty issues will just wait. That m5 is the shiznik though we need a meet and greet in Va Northern or Va beach.
Old 06-13-2005, 05:22 PM
fq1
Members

Don't know what you mean by "pure engine-maker" but I agree that Honda makes the best FOUR-cylinder engines. However, the best engine-maker/designer is BMW. They have had more design wins for engines than any other manufacturer by a wide margin.

The McLaren F1's BMW V12 is still considered the best engine in a road car (if you can call that a road car, even though it is perfectly usable as a daily driver) ever.

Originally Posted by MaxBuck' date='Jun 13 2005, 07:22 PM
ZinMe, this is frightening, since I just lost my 2002 TL-S for my new Orient Blue 545 sport - really scary how similar your and my automotive experiences are.? Had I been in the market for the 30K vehicle I would have opted for the new TL, no question, since I think it is the best car for anywhere near the $$$.? I also think Honda is the best pure engine-maker in the world, with BMW the best for straight-6 and street V-8 technology.? I know most people here are snotty about FWD, but I think a ride in a new TL with good shoes would pose a few questions about that IMO ...

All this being said, all the Gotrocks Bimmer owners who whine about AcuraZine owners asking for $5 to pay for burgers should realize that Honda owners are basically a bunch of cheap-a$$es.? I should know. ? As to whether or not I am a dick-head, I plead the fifth.
[snapback]139178[/snapback]
Old 06-13-2005, 05:37 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Arrived 3 June 2005: 2005 545i - Orient Blue, Black interior, Sport, Steptronic, Cold Weather, NAV, Sirius, Logic7, Comfort Seats, Sunshades. What a glorious ride!

Originally Posted by fq1' date='Jun 13 2005, 09:22 PM
Don't know what you mean by "pure engine-maker" but I agree that Honda makes the best FOUR-cylinder engines.? However, the best engine-maker/designer is BMW.? They have had more design wins for engines than any other manufacturer by a wide margin.

The McLaren F1's BMW V12 is still considered the best engine in a road car (if you can call that a road car, even though it is perfectly usable as a daily driver) ever.

[quote name='MaxBuck' date='Jun 13 2005, 07:22 PM']
ZinMe, this is frightening, since I just lost my 2002 TL-S for my new Orient Blue 545 sport - really scary how similar your and my automotive experiences are.? Had I been in the market for the 30K vehicle I would have opted for the new TL, no question, since I think it is the best car for anywhere near the $$$.? I also think Honda is the best pure engine-maker in the world, with BMW the best for straight-6 and street V-8 technology.? I know most people here are snotty about FWD, but I think a ride in a new TL with good shoes would pose a few questions about that IMO ...

All this being said, all the Gotrocks Bimmer owners who whine about AcuraZine owners asking for $5 to pay for burgers should realize that Honda owners are basically a bunch of cheap-a$$es.? I should know. ? As to whether or not I am a dick-head, I plead the fifth.
[snapback]139178[/snapback]
[snapback]139198[/snapback]
[/quote]

fq1, if one looks across the board at racing series (e.g., F1, IRL), one sees Honda engines being dominant in many timeframes and in many venues. And specific output of Honda engines (HP/liter) is unmatched in the world. I think the V6 VTEC engines that go into the TL and RL are phenomenal for their output and efficiency, though I bow to the excellence of the straight-6 BMW technology. Hey, I love my (V8) e60 like I have loved no Honda I have ever owned, but the competency of the Japanese product is undeniable.

It's a shame Honda does not market a street V8, given the outstanding performance of its racing V8s. As to BMW McLaren V12s, they are excellent till you pull up to the pump. Just kidding, but one's criteria for excellence have to be a bit fluid these days.

Quick Reply: Thank you for this GREAT E60 community