Meet & Greet Discussion Plan for and discuss meet and greets with fellow forum members along with other BMW events. Share the results too!

Thank you for this GREAT E60 community

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2005, 07:49 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, now this certain situation was of a disturbing one today . Me and another one of the E60.neters went to a meet that happened in New Jersey, USA. The meet was i believe was organized by another E46 forum members and AcuraZine.com members. Just to let you know that this was my frist meet and most likely the last with some of these guys. The E46 members had a forum started with all guests/members names and who would volunteer to bring food, drinks, etc. etc. Notice the keyword 'volunteer'. When me and a couple of my friends get to the meet, we met a few other E46 members and a few Acura hot shots with their cars. We got slightly hungry and decided to mingle with a few members and get a hot dog.

THE SITUTION: We went over to a grill where there were plenty of hot dogs and burgers cooking. Not knowing that most of the guys at that one grill were AcuraZine members, we decided to wait for a nice cooked burger. We started talking and I mentioned to them that my car E60 is parked a few spaces down. Knowing that, they got all mad and developed a great attitude and demanded $5 from me in order for us to have a sandwitch . This was highly uncomfortable and very embarresing as they were not welcoming or friendly at all after they found out my fact.

Now I do understand that they all brought a few things here and there, but com'on now, was I wrong to ask for a small burger ? This was my first meet and most likely the last. From what I heard afterwards, the E46 members had another grill cooking on the other side and welcomed everyone to help themselves to great food without a cheap dirty $5 fee for one burger.

Makes me wanna think if they were soo 'jealous' or pissed towards us German car owners. It was like all the Acura members were only just sticking to their side of the park and did not want to have anything to do with us, where on the other hand, the BMW and Audi owners were trying to be friends with them.

Don't get me wrong, they were nice guys in general but clearly had issues being friendly when it came to their precious food. :thumbsdown:

Oh well, if you truely ask me.....seems like they have something up their A$$es. If they plan on having meets in the future, good luck to them and their attitudes.

I don't want to talk bad about them, but they are not kids and they should not treat other forum members as such. Now, this gets me to my point, I feel that E60.net is by far the best forum on the net with the most mature members to be found. Keep this great community going!!

Sorry for the long post, just wanted to vent a little.
Old 06-12-2005, 08:24 PM
Members

I had a 2005 TL for about 8 months/7000mi and traded for a 2005 E30...I was a member of that forum for a long time. When the member pool was small, it seemed like a decent place to go, but as of recent, it seems overrun with jackasses.

All I can say is that they are not as refined a group - kinda like the cars.

Bigger volume of sales = bigger chance of running into jackasses.

E60.net is my new home....I haven't run into any dorks so far!
Old 06-12-2005, 08:43 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 525i Jet Black on Grey Interior--- Tint: Sides 20% Rear Windshield 5% Front Windshield 35% Wheels: Zenetti Five's 20" by 8.5(front) 20" by 10(rear)-- Tires: Pirelli Asimmetrico 245/35/20(front) 285/30/20(rear)-- Body: Hamann Full Front Spoiler, Rieger Side Skirts, Rieger Rear Apron, AC Schnitzer Trunk Wing Interior: AC Schnitzer Pedal Set and E-Break Springs: H&R Sport Springs-- Audio: 2 12" Kicker L7's with a Rockford Fosgate 1501bd Amp With Custom Trunk Enclosure SOON TO COME: -M5 Mirrors -M5 Trunk Finsher -Brembo GT Big Brake Kit -Hamann 6 Series Front Spliter Molded -Hamann Roof Wing -Full Custom Sound System with TV's

Ya I with with him to this meet... they are dick heads... I guess they charge the $5 so then maybe then can get a bimmer??? dude post the pics!!!
Old 06-12-2005, 09:12 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i, Orient Blue, Black Interior, Sport Package, Satellite

Too bad about the Acura owners. I am expecting my 545i to arrive in about two weeks and I also drive an '05 Acura TL as a commuting car. I have to say, I really like it- its handles very well and the car gives you a feeling of being in complete control of its motion and it communicates very well through steering, brakes, suspension etc... For $30K, its unbeatable in my opinion. It's a totally different experience than a BMW however, which does all of the above, but the BMW is much more smooth and handles speed much better-- the e60s seem deceptively fast because the car is so competent and handles everything so well.

Anyway. not all Acura owners are "dick heads" and the TL is actually a pretty good ride.

I agree, the Accura boards are not nearly as interesting and informative as e60.net.
Old 06-12-2005, 10:42 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 "Stripper" Now C6 "Stripper"
Exclamation

So how many of US actually showed up?

Now i'm kinda glad i couldn't make it.

Hey you guys could've brought your own grub i.e. porterhouse, filet mignon, bratwurst then you would've done them one better.

There's always gonna be a hata or someone who rubs ya the wrong way, whether it's at work, at the gym or bar/nightclub or even the in-laws.

By the way how late did you guys stay?
Old 06-13-2005, 05:38 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by saurabh' date='Jun 12 2005, 08:49 PM
Okay, now this certain situation was of a disturbing one today? .? Me and another one of the E60.neters went to a meet? that happened in New Jersey, USA.? The meet was i believe was organized by another E46 forum members and AcuraZine.com members.? Just to let you know that this was my frist meet and most likely the last with some of these guys.? The E46 members had a forum started with all guests/members names and who would volunteer to bring food, drinks, etc. etc.? Notice the keyword 'volunteer'.? When me and a couple of my friends get to the meet, we met a few other E46 members and a few Acura hot shots with their cars.? We got slightly hungry and decided to mingle with a few members and get a hot dog.

THE SITUTION: We went over to a grill where there were plenty of hot dogs and burgers cooking.? Not knowing that most of the guys at that one grill were AcuraZine members, we decided to wait for a nice cooked burger.? We started talking and I mentioned to them that my car E60 is parked a few spaces down.? Knowing that, they got all mad and developed a great attitude and demanded $5 from me in order for us to have a sandwitch? .? This was highly uncomfortable and very embarresing as they were not welcoming or friendly at all after they found out my fact.

Now I do understand that they all brought a few things here and there, but com'on now, was I wrong to ask for a small burger? ?? This was my first meet and most likely the last.? From what I heard afterwards, the E46 members had another grill cooking on the other side and welcomed everyone to help themselves to great food without a cheap dirty $5 fee for one burger.?

Makes me wanna think if they were soo 'jealous' or pissed towards us German car owners. It was like all the Acura members were only just sticking to their side of the park and did not want to have anything to do with us, where on the other hand, the BMW and Audi owners were trying to be friends with them.

Don't get me wrong, they were nice guys in general but clearly had issues being friendly when it came to their precious food. :thumbsdown:

Oh well, if you truely ask me.....seems like they have something up their A$$es.? If they plan on having meets in the future, good luck to them and their attitudes.

I don't want to talk bad about them, but they are not kids and they should not treat other forum members as such.? Now, this gets me to my point, I feel that E60.net is by far the best forum on the net with the most mature members to be found.? Keep this great community going!!?

Sorry for the long post, just wanted to vent a little.
[snapback]138934[/snapback]

Wait..I don't understand? You went to a meet and didn't bring anything to contribute to the potluck gathering and they wanted you to pay 5 bucks for food? I don't see anything wrong with that. What, were you expecting, a free lunch?
Old 06-13-2005, 07:33 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by arnolds' date='Jun 13 2005, 07:38 AM
Wait..I don't understand?? You went to a meet and didn't bring anything to contribute? to the potluck gathering and they wanted you to pay 5 bucks for food?? I don't see anything wrong with that.? What, were you expecting,? a free lunch??
[snapback]139008[/snapback]
Absolutely not....to tell you the truth, we brought drinks (coke, sprite, all the cold drinks)....plus this was my first meet and not everyone was suppose to bring actual food. I seriously didn't think it was a big deal that we were obligated to bring something...but hey..whatever floats their boat

But i really believe that it was due to the fact that we were bimmer guys
Old 06-13-2005, 10:45 AM
Senior Members

BTW, here are a few pics from that meet

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=12546
Old 06-13-2005, 11:37 AM
Members

My Ride: 04 525i, Premium Package, Cold package.

Saurabh, yours is the best one
Old 06-13-2005, 11:38 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by bmw525i' date='Jun 13 2005, 01:37 PM
Saurabh, yours is the best one?
[snapback]139105[/snapback]
Thanks...mine and Hamann's is quite similar

Quick Reply: Thank you for this GREAT E60 community