Meet & Greet Discussion Plan for and discuss meet and greets with fellow forum members along with other BMW events. Share the results too!

Suggest venue for Khooger's farewell meet

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 09:47 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

As most of you have read, our buddy Khooger is moving to Florida in April. Let's have one big farewell meet for him.

The date has been set to April 3rd and approximate location is Edgewater NJ, but this thread is for you guys to suggest where we can have the best time.

We should definitely pick a place where we can safely park, that serves good food and has a bar (so that our ladies don't get too bored while we talk cars ).

Mitsuwa was one of the suggestions. I want to suggest a place, but forgot it's name and not sure it's still good - it's that "boat restaurant" in Edgewater - by the poolhall - anyone who knows it better, please tell me if its still okay. Or, if you wanna roll a little more classy, we can reserve a big table at the Chart House Grille - been there a few times, its not that bad at all.

Anyway, let's talk:

PS The benefit of Chart House Grille is the view of the city - kind of a cool place to have a farewell party IMHO
Old 03-05-2010, 03:56 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

+1 for Charthouse Grill in Edgewater.

Roy, does that work for you?
Old 03-05-2010, 04:10 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i Production date: 02/04 Color: Black Sapphire Metallic Trim: Anthracite Options: Sport package with STEPTRONIC, Premium Sound, Rear Sunshade, Xenon

WOW.......Thanks guys whatever you guys choose and decide I will make it. My last day is 2 April. I will try also to organize something here at Sawa.
Old 03-05-2010, 04:18 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by khooger
WOW.......Thanks guys whatever you guys choose and decide I will make it. My last day is 2 April. I will try also to organize something here at Sawa.
How about Saturday, March 27 at 12 noon at the Charthouse Grill in Edgewater? Roy if this works for you, Vlad and I will book some tables and start a new thread announcing the time and place. I am more than a little frustrated about meets that don't happen because folks keep debating about a time. Better to set a time and place and then let everyone know when it is. But, obviously, we have to do to when Roy is available.

Charthouse in Edgewater is a perfect location because it's centrally located and easy to access for all members in the tri-state area.
Old 03-05-2010, 04:25 AM
Contributors

I agree, Mar 27th at noon is a good time. Roy are you good with this?

We should account for at least an hour of parking lot chilling though, so when booking tables, keep that in mind.

Scott, can you take over starting the official meet thread, since I'm not around during daytime hours to keep it updated?
Old 03-05-2010, 04:34 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i Production date: 02/04 Color: Black Sapphire Metallic Trim: Anthracite Options: Sport package with STEPTRONIC, Premium Sound, Rear Sunshade, Xenon

Originally Posted by sdg1871
How about Saturday, March 27 at 12 noon at the Charthouse Grill in Edgewater? Roy if this works for you, Vlad and I will book some tables and start a new thread announcing the time and place. I am more than a little frustrated about meets that don't happen because folks keep debating about a time. Better to set a time and place and then let everyone know when it is. But, obviously, we have to do to when Roy is available.

Charthouse in Edgewater is a perfect location because it's centrally located and easy to access for all members in the tri-state area.

I will be here until middle of April....so anytime is good for me....27th might not be good as I have a wedding.
Old 03-05-2010, 04:44 AM
Contributors

I will be here until middle of April....so anytime is good for me....27th might not be good as I have a wedding.
So April 3rd works then? Okay, we got confused, cuz we thought when you said 2nd was your last day, you meant last day before you leave - guess, you meant last day at your job here? Okay, so back to April 3rd? Let's set a definite date!
Old 03-05-2010, 05:23 AM
Contributors

Roy, does April 3 at noon at Chart House work for you? If so, we'll set it up for then.
Old 03-05-2010, 07:41 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sdg1871
Roy, does April 3 at noon at Chart House work for you? If so, we'll set it up for then.
Perfect
Old 03-05-2010, 07:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

I don't have a calendar. What day is April 3rd?

Looks like Vlad and Scott are going. Hahahahaha!

Quick Reply: Suggest venue for Khooger's farewell meet