Meet & Greet Discussion Plan for and discuss meet and greets with fellow forum members along with other BMW events. Share the results too!

SoFla Meet Planning Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 08:35 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey everyone.

Since Val is in Brazil ( or out enjoying herself somewhere ) I decided to create another thread for the next SoFla meet.

The last meet was fantastic.
We had a lot of cars show up to the BBQ, not just E60's, but E90s, E92s, E36s.

Anyways, lets brainstorm on what we should do!

Options:

Dinner
BBQ
Some kind of special event?
etc

Big Supporters from the last meet:
ValE60 (duh!)
LWB545
545felix
Krozi
ponster
theprinzeofcatz
rogerj
bmw809
SoFlaBMW.com
Old 05-30-2009, 12:41 AM
Contributors

i think an event would be ideal. i wonder if there are any BMW dealerships willing to have something like this. I know BMWCCA will house meet and greets at dealerships, techs will speak, you get to parouse the latest and greatest BMW has to offer. i think a dealership that pushes out a lot of M vehicles or DINAN vehicles would be cool. surely we would have to get more then 10 people. if we make it worth their while, they may wake it worth ours. especially if we get some nice modded rides out there. it would be good publicity for the dealer and the forum and you would get the opportunity to network with people. there was a honda motorsports dealership in hilton head that used to BBQ and host events on the first saturday of every month. that is the kind of BMW dealer we need.

I am a bit of a politician. throw some ideas out, i may be willing to put in the leg work. I am in Tampa, i work with a few M3 guys i may be able to get to come, but it couldnt be 3 hours away. if we can look into the Naples area i think it will afford a fair opportunity to bring in outsiders from both the Miami and Tampa area. no way am i going to convince 4 or 5 people to drive to south FL/East Coast.
Old 05-30-2009, 04:43 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i Sports, Premium and dynamic packages

Vik,
Thanks for the idea! And Craig I am all for it. Let's see what kind of feed back we get from other SF members. I will gladly assist in organizing the next meeting. I've made a minor revision to my travel plans and be back to sunny Florida after June 14. We need to pick a date; how about the weekend after July 4th? I am available via wi-fi until Monday, after that you may not hear from me since I am heading to an island outside Rio and there is no connection there...
Old 05-30-2009, 05:02 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Another meet would be awesome!
Old 05-30-2009, 05:09 AM
Members

I know last time we had also talked about Sebring and the raceway there. Not necessarily to get on the track but there are some decent events we could piggy back on there as well. Just another idea. I'm in Tampa as well so someplace a little further North would be great!
Old 05-30-2009, 05:21 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by shaferrj' post='894792' date='May 30 2009, 09:09 AM
I know last time we had also talked about Sebring and the raceway there. Not necessarily to get on the track but there are some decent events we could piggy back on there as well. Just another idea. I'm in Tampa as well so someplace a little further North would be great!
Is there a drag strip at the raceway?
Old 05-30-2009, 09:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 525i Black Sapphire Metalic/Auburn Interior, Sports Package, Premium Package, Side and Rear Sun Blinds, Bluetooth with IPhone connected.

Originally Posted by Krozi' post='894796' date='May 30 2009, 09:21 AM
Is there a drag strip at the raceway?
I am in for the meet! let me know
Old 05-30-2009, 01:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i, Sport and Premium package, Titanium Silver with Black Dakota Leather interior

I thought the last venue was a blast. It's a bit of a hike for Marc and Craig but there seems to be more members over this way. I don't mind driving farther, but I don't want to move it farther at the expense of losing attendance. I will go wherever, but let's choose a place that will maximize attendance. I think a dinner meet is a bad idea. Let's pick a venue where we can spend several hours, eat, drink, kick it, enjoy the cars, and still be able to chill and have fun if it rains... and it just might this time of year. I have been really busy and not visiting the site lately, so Vik, Val, Marc, whoever, please update me via pm so I don't miss any info. I get e-mail notification for pm's
Old 05-30-2009, 01:31 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by rogerj' post='895094' date='May 30 2009, 05:24 PM
I thought the last venue was a blast. It's a bit of a hike for Marc and Craig but there seems to be more members over this way. I don't mind driving farther, but I don't want to move it farther at the expense of losing attendance. I will go wherever, but let's choose a place that will maximize attendance. I think a dinner meet is a bad idea. Let's pick a venue where we can spend several hours, eat, drink, kick it, enjoy the cars, and still be able to chill and have fun if it rains... and it just might this time of year. I have been really busy and not visiting the site lately, so Vik, Val, Marc, whoever, please update me via pm so I don't miss any info. I get e-mail notification for pm's
Yea I think we should do the same that we did last time I don't mind they drive down, it's gives me a chance to open her up a little
Old 05-30-2009, 01:59 PM
Contributors

actually my father has a winter place in west palm that i have the keys to. i could just crash there if it is down that way. id rather not though. how far is naples area for the SoFla people?

Quick Reply: SoFla Meet Planning Thread