Meet & Greet Discussion Plan for and discuss meet and greets with fellow forum members along with other BMW events. Share the results too!

SoCal Bimmerfest 2006 Sat April 8, 2006 in Santa Barbara, CA!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 09:35 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545iA - Built date 09/03, Sport Package, Alpine White III, Grey Interior, Cold Weather Package, PDC, Rear Electric Sunshades, Comfort Seats, Logic 7, Chromed BMW Style 124 18x8, 18x9 Wheels, M-Tech Aero Kit, Rear Trunk Decklid Spoiler, Tinted Windows, Valentine One Modifications: RDSport Quad Exhaust, 20x8.5 and 20x11 HRE 943R, Vorsteiner CF Decklid, Dinan CAI

Hi All!

Are any of you guys coming to Bimmerfest 2006 on this Sat April 8 in Santa Barbara, CA? Anyone in Southern Orange County want to meet and caravan up to Santa Barbara? If so, please post your email.

Please see link for more information:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/events/2006SB/2006sb.php

Also, be sure and check out the video below the picture. Just click play and turn up your speakers!

Enjoy and hope to see lots of E60s out there!
Old 04-06-2006, 01:56 AM
Contributors

Here ya go. There should be over a 100 cars at encino meet point in balboa park.
Originally Posted by OG Skooler
Okay everyone, here are the official meet points for the 2K6 Bimmerfest Socal (SD, OC, LA) caravan:

We begin in Chula Vista (San Diego's South Bay). We will meet at the Vons in Terra Nova Plaza off 805 & E. H Street. We will leave there at 4:30am sharp. Contact person is either OG Skooler or Slickav

The San Diego meet point will be at the Carlsbad Outlets. There is a Starbucks there, ample parking and a Chevron if people need gas. People should be there before 5:30am, we leave 5:30am for the OC. Contact person is OG Skooler or Slickav

The OC meet point will be at the Starbucks in the Huntington Beach Mall. Once again, there is a Starbucks and ample parking. People should meet there before 6:30am, as we will leave for the LA caravan meet point once the SD caravan arrives & gets some coffee. Contact person is either: Discombobulated or Second 2 None.

The LA meet point will be at Balboa Park in Encino. People should gather there before 7:30am, we will leave for Bimmerfest once the rest of the caravans arrive. Contact person is Brad D.

We should make Bimmerfest by the time the fairground's gates open at 9:00am.

*Important things to remember*

-Enjoy the drive, this is NOT a race!!
No need for it, we will have at least 200 BMW's (all models) going to Bimmerfest from Socal in the caravan. The freeways are only 4 lanes wide and there will be others on the road that Saturday morning...you can figure it out. We will get there in time, there's plenty of parking as it is the fairgrounds and not the dealer. Be cool, enjoy the drive with your fellow enthusiasts and let's all get to Bimmerfest safe & ticket less.

-Yes, CHP & local po-po know of this caravan, some are members of the different boards and do drive BMWs. So, do not ask if they know about this caravan.

*Checklist*

~Prep your cars the night before: check tire pressure, oil & coolant levels and get gas.
~If you have Walkie-Talkies, bring them. We will let you know what frequency we'll be using at the meet points.
~If you have radar detectors, bring them.
~This will a long drive for most of us, bring something to keep you awake and alert. (i.e.: soda, water, snacks, significant other, whatever!)
~If you have cameras (video or still), bring them.
~Bring, at least, $10 for entrance fee into the fairgrounds.

If anyone still has questions, please post here and I will get back to you
Old 04-06-2006, 01:59 AM
Contributors

I'm also trying to setup a little chino hills/diamond bar area caravan if anyone is interested. We will be driving to the L.A. meet point at balboa park, then to santa barbara.
Old 04-06-2006, 07:17 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i - 6 speed manual (July 04 build), silver-grey/black, sports package std equipment (18", active roll, active steering, adaptive headlights), premium sound, bluetooth enabled, folding rear seat, lumbar, 3m hood/bumper protective film, rear tint, euro reflectors.

Originally Posted by heezy545i' post='265388' date='Apr 6 2006, 01:59 AM
I'm also trying to setup a little chino hills/diamond bar area caravan if anyone is interested. We will be driving to the L.A. meet point at balboa park, then to santa barbara.
Are forum members meeting anywhere in particular at the fest?
Old 04-06-2006, 07:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

Originally Posted by jsal' post='265489' date='Apr 6 2006, 11:17 AM
Are forum members meeting anywhere in particular at the fest?
That would be a good idea. I've been going over to bimmerfest a lot lately for information. I've gathered that cars will park at the showground as they come in. Zero chance of having e60s park next to one another unless all the e60s meet somewhere else prior to entering the showgrounds. So, we all come to bimmerfest in our respective caravans and as we approach the showgrounds break apart and head to a pre-arrange meet point then head on over to the showground. Anyone up for that idea?
Old 04-06-2006, 07:43 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Hey remuse,

Be sure to take your camera with you.

All I could bring overthere is a load of snow...
Old 04-06-2006, 11:16 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by jiio' post='265503' date='Apr 6 2006, 08:41 AM
That would be a good idea. I've been going over to bimmerfest a lot lately for information. I've gathered that cars will park at the showground as they come in. Zero chance of having e60s park next to one another unless all the e60s meet somewhere else prior to entering the showgrounds. So, we all come to bimmerfest in our respective caravans and as we approach the showgrounds break apart and head to a pre-arrange meet point then head on over to the showground. Anyone up for that idea?
It's up to you guys, but I don't think the logistics would work out that well. If you still wish to meet forum members though, you could arrange to meet at a certain location in the showgrounds, say a vendor booth.
Old 04-06-2006, 11:00 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i - 6 speed manual (July 04 build), silver-grey/black, sports package std equipment (18", active roll, active steering, adaptive headlights), premium sound, bluetooth enabled, folding rear seat, lumbar, 3m hood/bumper protective film, rear tint, euro reflectors.

Originally Posted by heezy545i' post='265587' date='Apr 6 2006, 12:16 PM
It's up to you guys, but I don't think the logistics would work out that well. If you still wish to meet forum members though, you could arrange to meet at a certain location in the showgrounds, say a vendor booth.
That sounds like a good idea. Somebody pick a time and place.
Old 04-07-2006, 07:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

Originally Posted by jsal' post='265802' date='Apr 7 2006, 03:00 AM
That sounds like a good idea. Somebody pick a time and place.
VF Engineering booth? I want to see the supercharger they have for the 545. Time about noon? Anyone else with another location or time?
Old 04-07-2006, 07:28 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by jiio' post='265928' date='Apr 7 2006, 08:22 AM
VF Engineering booth? I want to see the supercharger they have for the 545. Time about noon? Anyone else with another location or time?
Would anybody be up for an earlier time, like around 10:30?

Quick Reply: SoCal Bimmerfest 2006 Sat April 8, 2006 in Santa Barbara, CA!