Meet & Greet Discussion Plan for and discuss meet and greets with fellow forum members along with other BMW events. Share the results too!

SDG1871 & GHOSTTECK PICS: AUGUST 22, 2009 TRI-STATE MEET

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 09:47 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530i Alpine White on Black interior, Sport and Premium Package, Steptronic, Navigation, Xenon Adaptive Headlights, Mtec V2.1 angel eyes,Hoen Fog Lights, Full M-Tech kit, ACS pedals, LED plate lights, CF Steering Wheel badge, CF Titanium trim, OE

thanks for sharing!!
Old 08-23-2009, 12:31 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

nice pix nice pix!!!!
Old 08-23-2009, 02:24 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by Ghostteck' post='985918
thanks for sharing!!
Any time. We all had a great time.

Originally Posted by brabusw209amg' post='985984' date='Aug 23 2009, 04:31 AM
nice pix nice pix!!!!
Thanks John.
Old 08-23-2009, 02:27 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Ghostteck' post='985918' date='Aug 23 2009, 01:32 AM
lol john and that yellow shirt keeps popping up lol.. thanks for putting my name up there too scott here are the videos we were able to take i like the bridge video better :

http://s436.photobucket.com/albums/qq88/gh...nt=MVI_1132.flv
http://s436.photobucket.com/albums/qq88/gh...nt=MVI_1122.flv
Yeah, the bridge video is great.
Old 08-23-2009, 03:47 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Looks like you guys all had a great time...

C, do you actually have a "Baby on Board" sign in your rear window?

Also, so I can sleep at night, I have to point out something I noticed that's quite dangerous -- the child sitting in the back seat needs to have his seat belt over his shoulder, not around his rib cage. I realize that many people do this (for whatever reason) but I have to say that if there were an accident, the child would likely suffer serious internal injuries due to broken ribs puncturing organs, etc. Modern cars can be very safe (and our cars can be exceptionally safe) but all of the safety systems installed are engineered to work well only if they're used properly. A misused seat belt can cause an injury that could even result in death. In addition to the safety issue -- which is clearly the most important issue -- it looks like the State of New York, as of November 19, 2002, requires the proper use of the shoulder restraint so in addition to the safety risks I already described, you're actually breaking NY State law. (Click here for more info.)

Also, in case you think I'm nuts, take a look at the following info from the NHTSA: http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/people/injury/chi.../pages/Tip3.htm (take a look at the very bottom of the page and read the part that says, "NEVER put the shoulder belt under the child's arm or behind the child's back. This can cause severe head injuries or internal injuries in a crash. If the safety belt does not fit properly the child should use a belt-positioning booster seat."

There is a ton of additional information out there about all this and I encourage each and every member -- especially those with children -- to read and re-read about this subject. I often see highly intelligent, well meaning, and otherwise successful people who are ignorant about the finer points of this topic so please be careful and safe with your precious cargo!
Old 08-23-2009, 04:01 AM
Contributors

Old 08-23-2009, 04:10 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='986037' date='Aug 23 2009, 07:47 AM
Looks like you guys all had a great time...

C, do you actually have a "Baby on Board" sign in your rear window?

Also, so I can sleep at night, I have to point out something I noticed that's quite dangerous -- the child sitting in the back seat needs to have his seat belt over his shoulder, not around his rib cage. I realize that many people do this (for whatever reason) but I have to say that if there were an accident, the child would likely suffer serious internal injuries due to broken ribs puncturing organs, etc. Modern cars can be very safe (and our cars can be exceptionally safe) but all of the safety systems installed are engineered to work well only if they're used properly. A misused seat belt can cause an injury that could even result in death. In addition to the safety issue -- which is clearly the most important issue -- it looks like the State of New York, as of November 19, 2002, requires the proper use of the shoulder restraint so in addition to the safety risks I already described, you're actually breaking NY State law. (Click here for more info.)

Also, in case you think I'm nuts, take a look at the following info from the NHTSA: http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/people/injury/chi.../pages/Tip3.htm (take a look at the very bottom of the page and read the part that says, "NEVER put the shoulder belt under the child's arm or behind the child's back. This can cause severe head injuries or internal injuries in a crash. If the safety belt does not fit properly the child should use a belt-positioning booster seat."

There is a ton of additional information out there about all this and I encourage each and every member -- especially those with children -- to read and re-read about this subject. I often see highly intelligent, well meaning, and otherwise successful people who are ignorant about the finer points of this topic so please be careful and safe with your precious cargo!
Thanks Rudy. I am very well aware of the proper positioning of the lap and shoulder bet. I always position it correctly over the shoulder when I belt my son in. My son, unfortunately has severe developmental disabilities and constantly readjusts it over his rib cage. I check behind me frequently for that and I always tell him to fix it. When I do, he leaves it fixed for about 30 seconds.

Regrettably, this has to happen every minute or so because his disability makes him very impulsive and he simply does not listen on a consistent basis (you have to tell him the same command every minute ot two if it contravenes what he wants to do). The only way to ensure that the belt is over his shoulder 100 percent of the time is to have someone in the back seat with him which for various reasons that I am not getting into in a public form never happens on the weekends. It is him and me. That's life. And I cannot put him in the front because he would open the door and fall out. In the back, I have his door handle and window locked out.

Thanks for your concern. I am fully aware of the issue. Unfortunately, I don't have a solution for it other than reminding him every minute or two to fix his belt. Maybe one day science will find a sure for Victor's developmental disability. But until scientists figure out how to rewire the brain -- which will never happen in our lifetime -- Victor will be the way he is.
Old 08-23-2009, 04:17 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by sdg1871' post='986045' date='Aug 23 2009, 08:10 AM
Thanks Rudy. I am very well aware of the proper positioning of the lap and shoulder bet. I always position it correctly over the shoulder when I belt my son in. My son, unfortunately has severe developmental disabilities and constantly readjusts it over his rib cage. I check behind me frequently for that and I always tell him to fix it. When I do, he leaves it fixed for about 30 seconds.

Regrettably, this has to happen every minute or so because his disability makes him very impulsive and he simply does not listen on a consistent basis (you have to tell him the same command every minute ot two if it contravenes what he wants to do). The only way to ensure that the belt is over his shoulder 100 percent of the time is to have someone in the back seat with him which for various reasons that I am not getting into in a public form never happens on the weekends. It is him and me. That's life. And I cannot put him in the front because he would open the door and fall out. In the back, I have his door handle and window locked out.

Thanks for your concern. I am fully aware of the issue. Unfortunately, I don't have a solution for it other than reminding him every minute or two to fix his belt. Maybe one day science will find a sure for Victor's developmental disability. But until scientists figure out how to rewire the brain -- which will never happen in our lifetime -- Victor will be the way he is.
Understood. Obviously, I wasn't aware of the extenuating circumstances in your case. Regardless, I hope my information may help others out there -- this is an issue that unfortunately is still a huge problem in our society...
Old 08-23-2009, 05:06 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530ix / E60
Model Year: 2007

Great photos ? thanks!
Old 08-23-2009, 05:52 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Great pics!

Quick Reply: SDG1871 & GHOSTTECK PICS: AUGUST 22, 2009 TRI-STATE MEET