Meet & Greet Discussion Plan for and discuss meet and greets with fellow forum members along with other BMW events. Share the results too!

Santa Baraba Bimmerfest, 23 Apr

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 10:09 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone going this weekend? I'm out in California on business and a friend told me about it. Its suppose to be pretty big... someone in Cali post pics if you attend.
Old 04-21-2005, 10:37 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Titanium Gray 550i, with sport, nav, HUD, Logic7, sat radio, cold weather, rear side airbags, rear seat heaters, and it goes like a bat outta hell!

Originally Posted by Ruf930' date='Apr 21 2005, 11:09 PM
Anyone going this weekend?? I'm out in California on business and a friend told me about it.? Its suppose to be pretty big... someone in Cali post pics if you attend.
[snapback]118495[/snapback]
I hadn't heard anything about this....do you have any other info?? I'm about 90 miles north of Santa Barbara.....
Old 04-21-2005, 10:49 PM
Members

My Ride: BMW 530i 05

im registered and goin SAT anyone wants to meet up there let me know
Old 04-22-2005, 06:57 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i - 6 speed manual (July 04 build), silver-grey/black, sports package std equipment (18", active roll, active steering, adaptive headlights), premium sound, bluetooth enabled, folding rear seat, lumbar, 3m hood/bumper protective film, rear tint, euro reflectors.

Need the info. I am in SB, but still on my first year of a Bimmer owner so never have been to one of these. I have a date Saturday morning with a water heater, but would like to check it out in the afternoon. Hopefully the rain will not put a damper on it.

I will call my salesman this morning (SB - BMW) to find out the details

I would definately be interested in meeting up with any forum members if I can make it.
Old 04-22-2005, 07:22 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by jsal' date='Apr 22 2005, 07:57 AM
Need the info.? I am in SB, but still on my first year of a Bimmer owner so never have been to one of these.? I have a date Saturday morning with a water heater, but would like to check it out in the afternoon.? Hopefully the rain will not put a damper on it.

I will call my salesman this morning (SB - BMW) to find out the details

I would definately be interested in meeting up with any forum members if I can make it.
[snapback]118685[/snapback]

Lots of info here.

http://www.bimmerfest.com

More specific info here:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=69

Everyone is welcome to attend!
Old 04-22-2005, 07:42 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i - 6 speed manual (July 04 build), silver-grey/black, sports package std equipment (18", active roll, active steering, adaptive headlights), premium sound, bluetooth enabled, folding rear seat, lumbar, 3m hood/bumper protective film, rear tint, euro reflectors.

OK, I have read the info and I apologize for acting like/being a newbie (everyone has to start somewhere).

Does anybody know the overall schedule of events? Since I have prior commitments on the honey-do list, I can probably only attend for a couple of hours (I should blow them off and I will definately be more in tune for next year). It looks like the morning is seeing the cars/vendors and talking to people, then lunch and the road rally. What happens in the afternoon?

Forum members that are attending - how do you usually link up?
Old 04-22-2005, 07:56 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by jsal' date='Apr 22 2005, 08:42 AM
OK, I have read the info and I apologize for acting like/being a newbie (everyone has to start somewhere).

Does anybody know the overall schedule of events?? Since I have prior commitments on the honey-do list, I can probably only attend for a couple of hours (I should blow them off and I will definately be more in tune for next year).? It looks like the morning is seeing the cars/vendors and talking to people, then lunch and the road rally.? What happens in the afternoon?

[snapback]118704[/snapback]

After the rally, everybody goes home. Many out of towners who are staying overnight try to organize dinners during the evening. I'll be missing out this year.

If you only have a couple of hours, try to go around 10:30 am when things are hopping and all the sponsors are set up. Say hi to Jon Shafer, who was the GM at Cutter Motors BMW for a few years and got everything started back in 2001.
Old 04-22-2005, 08:04 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by arnolds' date='Apr 22 2005, 07:56 AM
[quote name='jsal' date='Apr 22 2005, 08:42 AM']OK, I have read the info and I apologize for acting like/being a newbie (everyone has to start somewhere).

Does anybody know the overall schedule of events?? Since I have prior commitments on the honey-do list, I can probably only attend for a couple of hours (I should blow them off and I will definately be more in tune for next year).? It looks like the morning is seeing the cars/vendors and talking to people, then lunch and the road rally.? What happens in the afternoon?

[snapback]118704[/snapback]

After the rally, everybody goes home. Many out of towners who are staying overnight try to organize dinners during the evening. I'll be missing out this year.

If you only have a couple of hours, try to go around 10:30 am when things are hopping and all the sponsors are set up. Say hi to Jon Shafer, who was the GM at Cutter Motors BMW for a few years and got everything started back in 2001.
[snapback]118707[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thanks - I will try to do that.
Old 04-22-2005, 09:03 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 Titanium Gray/Black Leather 545i, 6SP Manual, Sport Package, Anthracite Maple Wood, Satellite Preparation. H&R coilover suspension, Radenergie 20's

I will be at the bimmerfest this Saturday sporting the Hamann kit and Radenergie wheels in the Wheel Power booth. See everybody there.
Old 04-22-2005, 11:21 AM
Contributors

I'm going to try and go, but might change my mind if I wake up to rain.

So cal caravan here
http://bfest.gripspeed.com

Quick Reply: Santa Baraba Bimmerfest, 23 Apr