Meet & Greet Discussion Plan for and discuss meet and greets with fellow forum members along with other BMW events. Share the results too!

Nurburgring Visit: 21st and 22nd October 2006

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 07:32 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Rides: 1992 525i (Sold), 2000 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (Sold), Everett-Morrison Cobra - built 1998, 2005 Nissan Frontier Pick Up (daily driver)

Originally Posted by Steve Gill' post='343502' date='Oct 10 2006, 10:18 PM
You know, I woke up this morning, and thought - lets do new this year

Tim, Santiago and I will be there - anyone else? Iceman?
I'm set! The Tiergarten hotel was full so I got a room at the Zur Burg Hotel a couple of blocks down the road. Nice place with a sauna and nekkid girls..

I'm planning on getting there around noon or so. Where should we meet? I'm afraid of using the handy since the last time I run out of time. :thumbsdown:

BTW, the 550i is at the dealer going through 4 pages of faults and problems. They've promised me it will be ready by NLT Wednesday. I'm driving a Diesel 3er.

See you guys on Saturday - remember, let me know where we'll meet - lunch maybe?

Regards,
Santiago
Old 10-16-2006, 08:31 AM
Contributors

My Ride: -04 530D

This time work does not prevent me to arrive. Now it only dictates the date! Friday or Saturday? We all have to eat sometimes, so lunch souds good.

How about Tim and Steve? Which transportation You will take to Germany? Tim AM/BMW and Steve plane/BMW?

Skaffa
Old 10-16-2006, 12:17 PM
New Members

My Ride: Rides: 1992 525i (Sold), 2000 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (Sold), Everett-Morrison Cobra - built 1998, 2005 Nissan Frontier Pick Up (daily driver)

Originally Posted by skaffa' post='345420' date='Oct 16 2006, 06:31 PM
This time work does not prevent me to arrive. Now it only dictates the date! Friday or Saturday? We all have to eat sometimes, so lunch souds good.

How about Tim and Steve? Which transportation You will take to Germany? Tim AM/BMW and Steve plane/BMW?

Skaffa
Harri, it appears we'll all be there Saturday and Sunday. I will arrive Saturday around noon and leave Sunday mid-afternoon - depending on what's going on. I want to get back home before it turns dark so I'll leave not later than 16:00 on Sunday.

See you then!

Santiago

Try the Zur Burg Hotel - they have a website but you must call them as their web reservation ist kaput. Their number is 0049.2691.7575
Old 10-16-2006, 02:08 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by skaffa' post='345325' date='Oct 16 2006, 11:39 AM
Steve can You believe that M5 eat tyres also?
Yip
Old 10-16-2006, 02:12 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by santiago fonseca' post='345401' date='Oct 16 2006, 04:32 PM
I'm set! The Tiergarten hotel was full so I got a room at the Zur Burg Hotel a couple of blocks down the road. Nice place with a sauna and nekkid girls..

I'm planning on getting there around noon or so. Where should we meet? I'm afraid of using the handy since the last time I run out of time. :thumbsdown:

BTW, the 550i is at the dealer going through 4 pages of faults and problems. They've promised me it will be ready by NLT Wednesday. I'm driving a Diesel 3er.

See you guys on Saturday - remember, let me know where we'll meet - lunch maybe?

Regards,
Santiago
I've stayed at the Zurburg a few times, its fine, but nobody told me about the nekkid girls!!!

Here's our (rough) plan. I fly in Fri evening, Tim picks me up at Frankfurt airport. We stay over in Frankfurt on Fri night.

Sat morning we drive to Koblenz, pick up a hire van, go to Ikea, buy some beds , drive to nurburg, drop off the beds at the house, take van back to Koblenz, then return to the ring. We're hoping this will be around lunchtime, although it might end up being a late lunch

Don't mention to Sabine that you drive a 550i Santiago! She had two cars at Silverstone, an M5 and a 550i, and she wasn't very complimentary about the 550i compared to the M5...

Cheers

Steve
Old 10-20-2006, 02:35 PM
Contributors

Ok, Tim and I are in Koblenz, waiting for our muscles from Finland to help move our 3 mistresses tomorrow

Santiago - call me on your way if you can and I'll let you know where we are
Old 10-21-2006, 11:46 AM
Contributors

One mistres is now in Quiddelbach. Two had leave to Koblenz, because did not have enough space with the beds.

Just had a good meal at the Pistenclaus, me, Tim, Steve and Santiago! Hope You were here.

Skaffa
Old 10-21-2006, 12:01 PM
Contributors

Tim and Harri were very disappointed when their mistresses had to be left behind in koblenz...
Old 10-21-2006, 12:08 PM
Contributors

Lets see who can sleep with new mistres and who have to sleep with old ones. Tim insist to have one downstears, cause he might need a midnight snack. Steve and I got the uostairs.

gues where they are now? Tim is my left and Steve other side of the table!

skaffa
Old 10-22-2006, 10:36 AM
New Members

I made it back home in one piece. Traffic was good - no staus or bonehead drivers.

Had a GREAT time guys!! Tim and Steve, thanks for the righteous rides and Steve, thanks also for your expert coaching- we made it though a lap and came out alive from "The Green Hell" I can now stick the decal on the car without shame.

Harri, thanks for providing the entertainment with your cool "phone" (though calling your device a phone is like calling a $20,000 stereo a "radio"). You are definitely a geek... Steve, you're almost there as well - communicating with Harri with your handheld computer through a server in New Jersey, while sitting across from each other at a restaurant table in Germany (The two mesaages above were posted by by these clowns as we were having dinner together last night! )

I have some GREAT pictures as well. I will post some later in the week. Thanks Harri for taking all the pictures of Steve and I on the 550i "geezing" around the track - I knew I coud overtake the bus though...

Hobi, can't wait for the video!! Thanks for that as well.

I hope we can meet again before I leave Europe for good.

BELOW: 360+ Asphalt-Eating Horses - plus a little cuddly brown one. That bus never had a chance!

[C]Nurburgring Visit: 21st and 22nd October 2006-c__mon_horsey_.jpg[/C]

I pray you all get home safe.

Best Regards,
Santiago.

Quick Reply: Nurburgring Visit: 21st and 22nd October 2006