Meet & Greet Discussion Plan for and discuss meet and greets with fellow forum members along with other BMW events. Share the results too!

NorCal SF Bay Area meets?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 10:50 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 550i..... ex

Hey guys just wondering how often do the norcal e60 guys/gals meet up? I haven't seen a lot of threads regarding this and just wanted to see if we should get a meet going on sometime after the new year. There are a few things that we can do, I know a very reputable BMW shop in Dublin (Edge Motorworks) where we can do dynos/BBQs. I'm more of a driving kinda guy, like to take cruises somewhere nice, maybe Monterey or something that involves some action. Then there are the guys that like to meet up in SJ at Santana Row across from Valley Fair Mall. Other than that if anyone else has any comments/suggestions let's hear em!

Dan
Old 12-29-2006, 11:09 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

They don't meet enough.

I think a couple (my530i and EuroCarFan) are attending the Wheel Power Meet next weekend.
Old 12-29-2006, 11:19 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Joe,
Why did you conclude so soon?
I did not say I'll go
Old 12-29-2006, 11:27 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

I said "I think" you and EuroCarFan are going. That is not implying that you will definitely go.

Anyway, you know you want to show off what you have done to your car and have everyone there oogling it.
Old 12-29-2006, 01:04 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by vegastrashed' post='372170' date='Dec 29 2006, 03:27 PM
Anyway, you know you want to show off what you have done to your car and have everyone there oogling it.

Yes yes yes I wanna see all the neat goodies that you have on your car!
Old 12-29-2006, 06:58 PM
Contributors

I'm down for another meet. I wouldn't be able to make it until late Jan or sometime in Feb. I like the sound of Dublin b/c it's close to me.
Old 01-01-2007, 03:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 M6: Silverstone Metallic... Fully loaded2005 DINAN5 (545i): Jet Black... Fully loaded1955 Chevy: Custom

Edge Motorworks in Dublin, CA is very good, those guys are purely into BMW performance If they can host a get together, that'll be awesome
Old 01-02-2007, 10:07 AM
Senior Members

Sounds good......... What do you guys say we do something in Feb? Hopefully we won't be bombarded with the rain like last year :thumbsdown:

Maybe we can meet up at Edge in the morning and then make a trip over to SJ to meet up with the guys over there, take a break, get some grub and then cruise on over to Treasure Island for some pics. And then maybe finish off in Emeryville or something?
Old 01-02-2007, 12:49 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 M6: Silverstone Metallic... Fully loaded2005 DINAN5 (545i): Jet Black... Fully loaded1955 Chevy: Custom

Sounds like a good plan Hope we can make this happen

Originally Posted by Torquey5' post='373035' date='Jan 2 2007, 11:07 AM
Sounds good......... What do you guys say we do something in Feb? Hopefully we won't be bombarded with the rain like last year :thumbsdown:

Maybe we can meet up at Edge in the morning and then make a trip over to SJ to meet up with the guys over there, take a break, get some grub and then cruise on over to Treasure Island for some pics. And then maybe finish off in Emeryville or something?
Old 01-07-2007, 04:34 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Wow, can't believe I'm just now seeing this thread...hahaha.

I just came back from the SoCal Meet at WheelPower and it was a blast. Got a chance to meet a lot of the SoCal members. Some of them asked when the next NorCal Meet would be (Vegas, BlackonBlackonBlack..). I was thinking around March and was about to start a thread today but here you guys are.........

Dan, I'm not sure if you found the previous threads about the last three NorCal meets we've had so I'll give you a brief recap of what we've done:

1) The first meet was in Oct 2005 and that was pretty mellow. About 10 or so members came out at Santana Row and then we had lunch there. That was pretty much it.
2) The second meet was at the Wente Winery in Livermore around Mar this year (I think) and I was lucky enough to get in touch with a member on Bimmerfest who's wife was the Dir of one of the tasting rooms there. We had a VIP wine tour and tasting and got discounts on wine. There were about 24-26 members that came out to that one. Then we went down the street and had a group lunch at another winery. There was no drive on this Meet either. I only took two members from SoCal (Central Cali and BlackonBlackonBlack) back to Santana Row for drinks and then dinner close by.
3) For the third Meet, we met up at CarLab Motorsports in Santa Clara around Aug (man I'm bad with dates). CarLab did a lot of work for some of our members here. We then went for a drive through Bear Mountain Creek Road and Hwy 9. I think about 16 cars showed up originally but only about 10-11 went on the drive. Then of course, following tradition (I didn't realize it till now), we went back to Santana Row for lunch. Vegas drove up from San Diego for that Meet so I took him out to a club in SF that night.

Anyway, I like your ideas and we can work together to fine tune the details. I'm hoping a few more SoCal guys would come up this time. Those guys love doing highway runs to explore the limits of their cars. Jan will be tough for me and Feb or Mar would work better but we can let the majority vote. Maybe you can check with Edge Motorworks first to see what works for their schedule and we can plan around that.

K, think I said more than enough. Sorry for the drawn out post...haha

Tony

Quick Reply: NorCal SF Bay Area meets?