Meet & Greet Discussion Plan for and discuss meet and greets with fellow forum members along with other BMW events. Share the results too!

NorCal Bay Area Meet/Drive/Lunch - Sat Aug 21st

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 08:47 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 550i..... ex

Originally Posted by bonehead
Haha, yeah. We exchanged a few PM's on 6speed about car covers and EVOMS power upgrades. He's got one of the nicest Carrera White turbos around. It's perfect. Thinking about getting the same power setup as him (EVT 700).

I fell in love with his turbo during the cruise, I was behind him for the last few minutes and when he punched it I felt a sonic boom vibration against my car
Old 08-24-2010, 08:56 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Haha, yeah. We exchanged a few PM's on 6speed about car covers and EVOMS power upgrades. He's got one of the nicest Carrera White turbos around. It's perfect. Thinking about getting the same power setup as him (EVT 700).
I overheard him saying something about upgrading to their EVT775 kit. Damn....
Old 08-24-2010, 09:02 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan
I overheard him saying something about upgrading to their EVT775 kit. Damn....
Yeah, he told me about that too . Larger TB's, pulley, coilpacks, ECU upgrade. A 'bargain' $7G's from a EVT 700
Old 08-24-2010, 09:14 PM
Contributors

Yeah, he told me about that too . Larger TB's, pulley, coilpacks, ECU upgrade. A 'bargain' $7G's from a EVT 700
Come on Ed...out do him! hahaha
Old 08-24-2010, 09:15 PM
Senior Members

Come on Ed...out do him! hahaha
lol. 775 is the limit of stock internals. Then you're talking about messin' with the engine
Old 08-24-2010, 09:33 PM
Members

I think you guys missed a turn off cause the route I took led me to the end where I turned left onto Sand Hill and drove past 280 to get into Stanford. I did see a Sheriff pass me on the other side as I was on the radio trying to raise Joe and he was staring at me probably thinking I'm on my cell and not using hands free. Thought he was going to bust a U but he didn't. haha
Ok that means we took a left off skyline too early. There was an intersection where a bunch of the Porsches were going in circles and we probably should have gone straight ahead but we took a left which took us down to 280 (one exit north of Sand Hill) where the CHPs were. We had to get back on 280 and go south one exit to reach Sand Hill.

Hahah, that's why I didn't pick up my radio -- just listening.
Old 08-25-2010, 05:48 AM
Contributors

Ed, just curious what's the most powerful 997TT you've heard of that's also streetable? When I dream, I dream big. LOL!

John, turning left right at that intersection was the right direction but later on, there is a really sharp right hand kink that would have taken you to Portolla Road and then you'd en up on Sandhill. I think most people missed that sharp right hander cause it drops a bit too so it's not in plain sight. The other John (member Glock-357) radioed me just in time to tell me when to turn.

I think for the next drive, I should do a trial run first and be crystal clear in the mapping for others to follow. hahaha
Old 08-25-2010, 08:10 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 bmw 530i

heres my video of the trip lost alot of footage threw the hills from fog but i think it still turned out pretty good.i had better music for it till youtube pulled it off for copyright infringement so it made me pick from a very short list of songs to use instead.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: '10 Switzer "Ultimate Street Edition" GT-R

Ed, just curious what's the most powerful 997TT you've heard of that's also streetable? When I dream, I dream big. LOL!

John, turning left right at that intersection was the right direction but later on, there is a really sharp right hand kink that would have taken you to Portolla Road and then you'd en up on Sandhill. I think most people missed that sharp right hander cause it drops a bit too so it's not in plain sight. The other John (member Glock-357) radioed me just in time to tell me when to turn.

I think for the next drive, I should do a trial run first and be crystal clear in the mapping for others to follow. hahaha

EVOMit has a 997tt with 1200whp!!
Old 08-25-2010, 09:11 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by skeeter
EVOMit has a 997tt with 1200whp!!
Yeah, but I somehow doubt it's very road friendly. And I KNOW it would never pass emissions in any state, so I wouldn't call it 'streetable'.
Switzer makes a 900+ crank hp kit which is apparently road friendly.

Quick Reply: NorCal Bay Area Meet/Drive/Lunch - Sat Aug 21st