Meet & Greet Discussion Plan for and discuss meet and greets with fellow forum members along with other BMW events. Share the results too!

Meeting of the E60's

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2004, 04:01 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

You had a great fotographer there Fred!!!
Old 11-28-2004, 04:02 AM
Contributors

The picture of the cars lined up on the boulevard was worth it though.. Well, kindof..

Attached Thumbnails Meeting of the E60's-lineup.jpg  
Old 11-28-2004, 04:05 AM
Contributors

Oh, and as far as the priceless thing goes:

Attached Thumbnails Meeting of the E60's-ultra.jpg  
Old 11-28-2004, 04:07 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

We had a great time that's for sure!!
Old 11-28-2004, 07:11 AM
Contributors

Hey Guys (ladies and 2 very young ladies), Meeting you was certainly a lot of fun. Thanks for introducing me to this great group of people.

Now I know why those blue lights were heading toward town about 30 minutes after I left. Really, I saw 3 police cars and an ambulance heading back in to town. (I did not see a tow truck though) I still can't understand why the street our Hotel was on did not show up on my Nav. 2005 version 1.
Again, thanks it was a lot of fun. I hope we (my wife and I) can attend another one in the future. I think Fred was either taking a picture for insurance purposes or to size up the access to the ramp before his adventure.

Again, it was GREAT!

John
Old 11-28-2004, 07:12 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

FF, that's hilarious!
Damn, I wish I would've been there, but then we might have had two cars stuck in the sand...
Old 11-28-2004, 07:30 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Nov 28 2004, 05:12 PM
? ?
FF, that's hilarious!
Damn, I wish I would've been there, but then we might have had two cars stuck in the sand...? ?
[snapback]61575[/snapback]
It is a good thing Fred speaks the language! I could not imagine explaining how the car ended up in the sand and to ask for help all while rolling on the sand laughing!!!!! Lot's of fun that day.
Old 11-28-2004, 07:59 AM
Contributors

It was awesome.

There was almost 2 cars stuck in the beach. Luckily I wasn't fast enough to get in my car. I was getting in as he was getting out.

Glad you all had a good time. I know I certainly did. I will post video footage of the latest episode of Baywatch. It was pretty funny.

Dennis is right though. As soon as we quit laughing when Fred got stuck we all pitched in and tried to find ways to get him out of there. There was teamwork at hand and I am happy to be part of a group of people who care.
Old 11-28-2004, 08:35 AM
Contributors

I also forgot to mention the adventure of the crowds as they walked around our cars not on the beach. One couple started taking pictures of the car so while in the restaurant Fred opened his trunk. Then Ultra started locking and unlocking. I rolled my windows down and with a US spec car couldn't roll them up. Fred started using his electric fold in mirrors and then Dennis politly showed us US folk how the Euro Spec windows go up and down with the remote. When I went out to roll my windows up the couple told me how much they loved the Oreint Blue, Black and the darker gray colors. May have sold one for BMW.

Hobie, great job with the beach sign.

Gecko's i-Pod setup was aswesome and sounded great in his car. I may have to copy that setup. Hope you don't mind.

It was a great time and BMW, if you are watching, how about helping us out some.
Old 11-28-2004, 10:24 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Flowerfred' date='Nov 28 2004, 03:05 PM
Oh, and as far as the priceless thing goes:

? ?
[snapback]61532[/snapback]

Thanks Fred I guess I deserved that If you just had that avatar yesterday everything would have been OK

Quick Reply: Meeting of the E60's