Meet & Greet Discussion Plan for and discuss meet and greets with fellow forum members along with other BMW events. Share the results too!

Meeting of the E60's

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2004, 10:58 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like fun!

Bit far for me, but I wouldn't mind trying out Icemans seats.
Old 08-14-2004, 11:01 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Flowerfred' date='Aug 14 2004, 08:58 PM
I wouldn't mind trying out Icemans seats.
There you go. That should be a good enough reason to cross the channel and drive another 6 hours over.
Old 08-15-2004, 04:33 AM
Contributors

Glad to see the numbers growing! I am going to be at least 2 for lunch plus maybe the kid if anybody else is bringing kids? She's 12 and doesn't like hanging out with mom and dad too much but other kids are OK.

Did the ?Drive by? Saturday and it rained off and on all day but hey we were in the new car so everything was good. Burg Guttenburg is an interesting place with a nice view of the Neckar Valley from the Restaurant and Terrace. There is also a nice Beirgarten in a separate area under some huge trees which wasn?t open because of the rain. No dogs allowed because of the birds so leave Fluffy at home. The Burgmuseum is 11 Euro and the Deutsche Greifenwarte (bird show ?) is at 11:00 and 15:00 and costs 8 Euro if anyone is interested. We didn?t really stay long because I wanted to check out the area for some photo ops. There is a big gravel parking lot just up the road (kind of far to walk) we could probably have to ourselves to let the Beirgarten wear off and get some nice group shots of the cars.

Here is how to set Burg Guttenburg in your NAV System:

Country = Deutschland
City = Hassmersheim ? Start Guidance
Select Info on Destination ? Places to Visit ? Museums and Art Galleries ? Burgmuseum
This will drop you off at the front door.

I am not sure if everybody has NAV or not ?? But Burg Guttenburg (or Burgmuseum) will be easy find because every possible route near the place has signs pointing the way. Start with mappy.com to get in the ballpark and it will be a piece of cake!

Only saw 1 other E60 the whole day! This is going to be fun!
Old 08-15-2004, 04:39 AM
Contributors

I found a great photo spot, Johann-Michl Promenade, in the Neckar Valley about 10 - 15 minutes from the castle. Would be better in the sun of course

Maybe we would want to meet here first before the festivities begin??

Here is a shot from the Promenade and NAV instructions:

Country = Deutschland
City = Offenau
Street = Holzstr.
Intersection = Salinenstr.
One block past intersection toward river is Johann-Michl Promenade. (not in NAV)
Attached Thumbnails Meeting of the E60's-16.jpg  
Old 08-15-2004, 05:26 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Take lots of pics everyone and have fun!
Old 08-15-2004, 07:24 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

I think it's better to meet at noon up there at the Burg. If we meet before, that would mean that you have to start off earlier to get there in time!?
JohanDC has 500Km to drive, so a meeting earlier than noon at the Burg will get him in trouble. I would say, let's meet at noon up at the Burg, have some food and drinks (beverages, no alcohol, we're driving, guys!!!) first...!?
Old 08-15-2004, 12:50 PM
Only E60 ...

or E61 as well are wanted ???

Regards

Jack-E61 (V8 )
Old 08-15-2004, 01:09 PM
Super Moderator

E61's too.
Do you want to join us, Jack ?
Old 08-16-2004, 03:37 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i, titanium gray, gray interior, NAV, adaptive headlights, window screens, folddown rear seats, PDC

actually, I want to see Iceman's running boards.

My comment about significant others, class B dependents was a question on if others were bring wives. Mine would not be interested in watching a group of little boys compare sizes!!!!!!!!! However, if there were other females she may be interested.
Old 08-16-2004, 03:44 AM
Super Moderator

I asked mine and she is also not interested to see us "little boys comparing sizes"
I don't know if she will switch her mind (you know they switch their minds on a daily basis )... Anyways, I might bring a friend who will drive in another E60, but that's not for sure now...
Maybe he will be working...

Quick Reply: Meeting of the E60's