Meet & Greet Discussion Plan for and discuss meet and greets with fellow forum members along with other BMW events. Share the results too!

EUROPEAN MEET -- SAT. 18th OCT. 2008

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 01:56 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: G30 530i M-sport
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by MacSid' post='692551' date='Oct 14 2008, 10:45 AM
Additionally, with xBMWx and Thyrus not being able to make it, we have 2 already-booked rooms for two at the Crowne Plaza Maastricht going. I'm trying to get them cancelled with no penalty at all, but am not holding my breath on this. So, if there are any among you who were thinking of staying the night in Maastricht, please let me know today.
Update: I managed to get the rooms cancelled with no penalty , but if anyone still wants one, let me know!
Old 10-14-2008, 05:52 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 530dA' post='687707' date='Oct 8 2008, 01:50 AM
Hello guys,
Ive got a litlle problem with my driving licence

In Germany i was to nearly behind a car, my distant was 17 meter.
My speed was 122 km/h, not so fast.
But ive got a driving ban for one month, i sent my driving licence 19 september to the federal goverment from Germany.
I get it back, but with an ugly stamp on my driving licence. pixs will folow asap.

But anyway i will come, but i mus take a driver to drive in Germany hihi. But in Holland i can drive, only the ban is in Germany.
See you all guys, and Rsyed are you coming??

Hello guys for the lunch update a girlfriend is coming with me to drive in Germany my wife she don't want come.
Btw for the lunch you can fill here for menu 4 and my neigboor also menu 4.

Can't wait till saturday see you all guys.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:48 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW 530D touring automatic gearbox panoramic sunroof titan-grey metallic black comfort seats navi professional sunshades in rear doors HUD Xenon voice control sports suspension PDC cd-changer Shadow-line Bluetooth Auto-dimming mirrors Dark-wood trim Heated seats

Updated shirt-list:

Mac Sid: paid 1xXS 1xS changed according to PM
530dA: paid 1xXXL 2xXL stays the same, no reaction to PM
Sixcabrio: ordered 1xL 1xM PM with bank details send no reaction to Pm's, so no shirts ordered
Doc Horror: paid 1xM 1xL changed according to PM
Smoppett: ordered 1xXXL stays the same, no reaction to PM
xBMWx: paid 1xM stays the same according to PM
Andy545i: Paid stays 1xM according to PM

@530dA and Smoppet, please let me know if you want to change to 1 size smaller or keep it the way it is. I need to know the changes before tomorrow morning !
Old 10-14-2008, 12:18 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 645 Ci, Individual Stratusgrey Metallic with individual grey leather Individual Stratos metallic, Shadow line, Black Individual leather, 19'' ellisoid, Panorama sunroof, PDC, Dynamic drive, Adaptive steering, Adaptive headlights, Voice control, Logic 7, Prof sat nav, BT phone, TV, Heated Sport seats, Ski sac, light pakket, CD-changer. Mods (so far): iPod interface, K&N Airfilter.

Originally Posted by xBMWx' post='691709' date='Oct 13 2008, 05:07 PM
Good to see its all coming together

Please to see a couple more members sign up, which will compensate for the usual few last minute cancellations...

I've been in hospital for the last week due to an infection in my ankle, which ended up having to be operated on. Its not serious now and is getting better. I'm at home on antibiotics, still unable to walk and my body is just drained from fighting the infection. I had hoped to be able to make it to the meeting point in K?ln, but the incision from the op is not healing/closing as quickly as expected. I keep telling myself I might be able to make it, but deep down I also know what the answer is... and my wife just looks at me like this whenever I mention my goal to still attend the meet Next time...

Many thanks to 320dtouring for putting in the effort to organise the t-shirts.
MacSid will collect my t-shirt and I will meet up with him some time soon.

a BIG thank you to MacSid for stepping up to take on the overall coordination, including reservations etc.
I hope you sort him out with a BIG beer on the day... which no doubt Mrs MacSid will drink for him!!

I'll still be checking in here, with constructive and helpful suggestion... as always
Sorry to hear, man.
Hope you get better in time/soon....

Option?: Let the miss ride.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:42 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: G30 530i M-sport
Model Year: 2018

Okay folks, here's the game plan for Saturday:

10:00 - 12:00 Meet & Greet at BMW Hammer K?ln West
12:00 - 13:30 Cruise to Vaals
13:30 - 15:00 Lunch at Labyrint Drielandenpunt in Vaals
15:00 - 16:00 Cruise to Slenaken
16:00 - 17:00 Photo session in Slenaken
17:00 - open Coffee & cake in Slenaken
Evening Cruise to Maastricht. Dinner & night out in Maastricht
Sunday Brunch in Maastricht

I'm putting the final touches to our usual-style participant and agenda sheet, which I will PM to everyone in the next day or so (I'll also bring hard copies with me on the day). I still need participant infor from a number of you, so please send as soon as you can.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:00 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Thanks for the best wishes Doc

As for the misses, I wouldn't be surprised if she did go!! She's been driving my car for the last couple of weeks and said to me yesterday that if I don't get well soon, she probably won't be giving me my car back because she loves it so much As I wrote to you recently, she now wants to swap her 316i for a 330d, but can't find the papers to her car, so we can't sell it for at least 6 months until new papers are received...... I'm saving already...... I want my car back .... she's getting as bad as us
Old 10-15-2008, 12:14 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by andy545' post='691967' date='Oct 13 2008, 09:03 PM
Guttered to hear you can't make it mate

Are you sure you can't make it ? is it the left or right ankle..you only need one foot mate, preferably the right one I guess - but either will do if you can make it

Where does Pete live ? let's go and buzz his place !

get well mate - all the best...

If you want to do the Meet in Wiesbaden, for about an hour, count me in

Will be interesting to hear if you hit the big 300...

Thanks for the best wishes -- be safe!! -- be careful what you eat -- and have a good one
Old 10-15-2008, 12:24 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

Originally Posted by xBMWx' post='693543' date='Oct 15 2008, 10:14 AM
-- be careful what you eat -- and have a good one
oh yeah,
Old 10-15-2008, 03:46 AM
Senior Members

Location: Luxembourg (work) / Germany (home) / Poland (heart ;)
My Ride: MY RIDES: Previous: 1997 BMW 528i E39 | graphit mettalic | black leather | electric heated and pumped comfort seats + memory (seats, wheel, mirrors) | factory xenon | LPG gas installation (Dutch / Prinz) w/direct sequential injection (same pwr and same cons.)+80L tank in the spare wheel place | cruise ctrl, electric sunshade | ABS | ESP | 4 airbags (never used :) | electronic AC (2 side) | Board computer | Leather heated multifunction wheel | Radio Profess.+tape+6 CD changer+subwoofer+10 spkrs+DSP | alu 17" AEZ + Turanza 235/45/ZR17 | rain sensor | factory GSM built-in | Asus A636 GPS navigation TomTom | HISTORY: 1999 BMW 735 | 1994 VW Golf GT | 1994 Citroen Xantia | 1997 Renault Megane Coupe | 2000 Alfa Romeo 146 | 1994 Renault 19 | 1995 Toyota Camry | 1994 Audi 100 | 1978 VW Golf (the only diesel so far...) FUTURE: (2011-2012) F11 530xd Msport ultimate DREAM: M5 diesel :)

Originally Posted by MacSid' post='693536' date='Oct 15 2008, 09:42 AM
I still need participant infor from a number of you, so please send as soon as you can.
Sanjay!
I will be arriving alone this time, Blanka is away on a business trip for two weeks (audit mission, controlling EU funds in Poland), so she lets me go and have cars'n'boys' fun all alone this time

As for the MENU: anything goes for me except seafood, but I imagine there should be a huge choice of stuff on the spot to meet average European taste, considering location at the German/Dutch border

What about our dear Pete??? Will someone pick him up and bring over?? We need to get this resolved soon!!
How are you feeling Mate? Any chances you can make it on Sat.? If not, it's time to arrange this!

Should I bring my E60 M5 along...? (scale 1:18, but still M5...) ?

My Nikon's batery is already fully charged now, so this Forum will see pics of some GOOD cars this weekend

See you all in 3 days!
Jarek
Old 10-15-2008, 03:54 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 645 Ci, Individual Stratusgrey Metallic with individual grey leather Individual Stratos metallic, Shadow line, Black Individual leather, 19'' ellisoid, Panorama sunroof, PDC, Dynamic drive, Adaptive steering, Adaptive headlights, Voice control, Logic 7, Prof sat nav, BT phone, TV, Heated Sport seats, Ski sac, light pakket, CD-changer. Mods (so far): iPod interface, K&N Airfilter.

Originally Posted by xBMWx' post='693540' date='Oct 15 2008, 10:00 AM
Thanks for the best wishes Doc

As for the misses, I wouldn't be surprised if she did go!! She's been driving my car for the last couple of weeks and said to me yesterday that if I don't get well soon, she probably won't be giving me my car back because she loves it so much As I wrote to you recently, she now wants to swap her 316i for a 330d, but can't find the papers to her car, so we can't sell it for at least 6 months until new papers are received...... I'm saving already...... I want my car back .... she's getting as bad as us

Tell her that she can meet up with us in Koln and that we will take good care of her

Quick Reply: EUROPEAN MEET -- SAT. 18th OCT. 2008