Meet & Greet Discussion Plan for and discuss meet and greets with fellow forum members along with other BMW events. Share the results too!

ED - Prague Side Trip

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 09:09 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by King of the Hill' date='Aug 29 2005, 11:06 AM
MidnightRider,

I have just been to Prague this summer. There is no reason for not taking you BMW. There are a lot of nice cars in Prague and conveniently the city is divided into the poor side and the rich so crime in the wealthy areas is not high. Indeed all hotel taxis seem to be E-Classes and when I hired a car I was given an Audi A6 so I would not fret.

Prague is a truly beautiful city and the architecture is stunning...as are the women! Alcohol is very cheap and of a high quality as is food and the nightlife and other entertainments are as good as those in London. It is definately worth a visit. Most hotels are outside the Old Square, where much of the sightseeing is, and the best way to travel around is by the very effecient and clean metro or taxi. For this reason make sure you stay in a good hotel (at very least 4*) which has secure parking for guest's cars and leave the E60 there! Yours will not be the only one so do not panic. I can heartily recommend The Hilton, The Marriott, The Corinthia Towers (5*s), Corinthia Panorama(4*). They will all suit your purpose.

In short take the trip!

The King
[snapback]164745[/snapback]
I think you're one of the gangster member in Prague

Old 08-29-2005, 09:11 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Forgot to mention, Frank Gehry's "Ginger and Fred" building was the main design influence behind Bangle's flame surfacing, so I would recommend you pop by. There is also an excellent restaurant called la perla de prague (I think) which is worth eating at on the 7th floor.
Old 08-29-2005, 09:13 AM
Contributors

My Ride: MY RIDE is DA real .-) HAMANN 5 aka BLACK MAMBA born on 16/06/2005/delivered on 05/08/2005 as following: 530dA (steptronic), Black II (JET), leather Dakota auburn black, mapple trim, head-up display, dynamic drive, active steering, adaptive xenon headlights (auto levelling) with headlight washers, alarm, comfort seats with massage function, advanced A/C, big compartment armrest, aux-in, MP3, Logic 7, Radio PRO, CD in-dash+cd changer, power rear sunshades, rear airbags, park distance control, auto dimming folding mirrors, smoking package, shiny shadow line (individual), fold down rear seats, ski bag, sport suspension, run flats on �116-style� rims (Good Year NCT5+), cup holders, debadged, fire extinguishers, additional permanent power outlet, BMW coat hanger, trunk release button (installed by Hobi), GPS tracking device and a big thx 2 Iceman. Mods done: � Authentic HAMANN FRONT APRON Including ellipsoid fog lights Item-No.: 10 060 110 � Authentic HAMANN REAR SPOILER Item-No.: 10 060 130, � Authentic HAMANN HAMANN ALUMINIUM PEDALS For cars with manual gearbox Item-No.: 80 099 100 81,00 For cars with automatic transmission Item-No.: 80 099 120 � Authentic HAMANN FOOT REST In aluminium For left-hand drive vehicles Item No. : 80 099 122 � Authentic HAMANN HAND-BRAKE LEVER In aluminium For left- and right-hand drive cars Item No. : 80 099 216 � Authentic HAMANN Idrive of alu (sorry this is the only one in the World) but you can have it in carbon fiber , � Authentic HAMANN EXCLUSIVE FLOORMAT SET In black with HAMANN logo in silver For left-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 120 For right-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 � Authentic HAMANN COVER FOR OIL FILLER CAP In aluminium Item-No.: 80 099 117 � Authentic HAMANN SPORT REAR MUFFLER 4 TAILPIPES Sport rear muffler with four round stainless-steel tailpipes ( � 76mm ) Item-No.: 50 060 111 � Authentic HAMANN new add-on for M pack rear with diffusor for quad pipes -AVAILABLE NOW (http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=ST&f=22&t=30630&st=0#entry332409) � ///M steering wheel w Pegasus logo (this will be also changed to three spoke sports) � ///M pack rear � HAMANN ECU upgrade 265 HP 608 Nm. most improtant: �real and working like a charm forumsbuy real LED tails and PIAA 4700k fogs!!! for HAMANN full front apron you need H3 � CustomAngels, Angel Eyes Brighter than stocks 10X, WHITE & (REd for shows). � Authentic HAMANN LIGHT-ALLOY WHEELS DESIGN EDITION RACE 20" Ultra-light forged 3-pieced light-alloy wheel, Cross-spoke-design,Spider in black, titanium, screwing,polished flange DIMENSIONS : 9.0 J x 20 FA Item No.: 91 207 315 10.5 J x 20 only RA Item No.: 91 207 625 Recommended 20" Complete Wheel Set DESIGN EDITION RACE I went with most aggressive Combination A.10 FA 9.0 J x 20 / RA 10.5 J x 20 with tires: FA 245/30 ZR 20 / RA 285/25 ZR 20 � Authentic HAMANN LOWERING KIT 4 progressive sport springs Lowering by approx. 40 mm FA, 20 mm RA Item-No.: 20 060 125 � Authentic HAMANN TIRE - PRESSURE CHECK SENSOR SYSTEM � Authentic HAMANN SIDE SILLS Item-No.: 10 060 120 � Authentic HAMANN REAL CF ROOF SPOLIER Item-No.: 10 060 235 � Authentic HAMANN AIRBAG SPORT STEERING WHEEL 3-SPOKE Three-spoke design w their SMG paddles (For assembly O.E. airbag in exchange) � Authentic HAMANN sports mirrors (all functions) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and of course !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! E60.net Clings Still to do list;-): � Our Hobi's camera system from : ww.switchchange.com). � Individual leather interior (auburn+auburn alcantara)... and drive with sheer drivin' pleasure ... until 2009/2010 F10 comes or E60 possibly a 540d V8 diesel early in 2009 badly juiced!

Originally Posted by MidnightRider' date='Aug 29 2005, 03:17 AM
I am taking ED on my 550i in mid September.? My traveling buddy is seriously interested in taking a side trip to Prague.? Does anyone have any experience with this journey?? I am wondering if it is safe to take a new 550i into Prague or am I asking for trouble.? The US State department indicates it is relatively safe.? My traveling friends indicated that the Russian organized crime has a presence here.? I am more concerned about the car - saftety, parking, roads, etc.? If you have any experience or thoughts here I would be very grateful.?
[snapback]164536[/snapback]
in Eastern-Europe Bmws are hunted and taken away btw 10sec- and towed away

or in 10 sec you got the pistol in ya gace :thumbsdown: fck crime

put it in the surviallanced garage of a hotel you are staying and do not leave anything!!! in the car!
Old 08-29-2005, 09:52 AM
Contributors

King of the ...
Please add your location
Old 08-29-2005, 10:17 AM
Members

I was there a few weeks ago and there are plenty of nicer cars than an e60.

I wouldnt worry about it if you are parking in a decent hotel car park.

The city is great, and the women are amazing........
Old 08-29-2005, 12:58 PM
Members

Cool

As long as you use you common sense such as not parking your car in a dark street overnight, your car should be safe. I think you'll be surprised how many expensive cars you'll see in Prague. But I assume you'll leave your car in a hotel garage and use our great public transportation system to get around the city because otherwise you couldn't drink the best beer in the world Don't even think about taking a cab on the street - those guys are gangsters and they'll most likely try to rip you off. If you really have to, call a reliable taxi company by phone (AAA Taxi...) or agree a fixed price in advance.

The drive from Munich to Prague takes just about 3hours and there is a new highway from Czech border to Prague. You don't even have to slow down too much from Autobahn speed - I regularly cruise at about 100MPH and never got a ticket...

Just be careful on the road - the Czechs are quite famous for beeing quite aggressive and nervous drivers.

I live in Prague, my Dad's been driving E39 530i and he just ordered E60 530xD... Too bad, I hoped he would go for 535d but it's not available with X-Drive :'(
Old 08-29-2005, 02:06 PM
Members

My Ride: coming in March 530d touring individual, messing metallic, platino extended leather, piano black interior trim, M-sport packet, head up display, navigation professional, logic 7, active steering, CD changer, Bluetooth, packet light, adaptive and xenon lights, PDC, heated seats, packet mirrors, panorama sunroof, alarm, automatic rear door

No problem with the car here, just don't leave it on the street overnight. Find a hotel with garage and you will not have a problem. If you need help let me know
Old 08-29-2005, 02:15 PM
Contributors

Welcome to Forum, CADD!

Please add your location and car signature so that people can help you better.

Thanks.
Old 08-29-2005, 02:38 PM
Members

My Ride: 05 545i, Jet Black, Black Leather, Black Anthracite. Sport Pkg, HUD, NAV, 20-way Comfort Seats, Prem Snd Pkg Logic7, Htd Rear Seats, Rear side impact, Cold Weather Pkg, Fold Down Rear Seat/Ski bag, Soon 2B chromed rims. Picked up in Munich, Drove it to Prague, Vienna, Salburg & Bremerhaven. Put on 1300 miles. Enjoyed driving it 140mph on Autobahn (4,400 rpm).

I took my 545 to Prague and stayed at the Intercontinental (Beautiful hotel/great location). My car seemed like it was one of the cheaper cars parked in the garage. It was unbeleivable how many nice/exotic cars there were! The city is a must see; only 2nd to Stockholm in terms of beauty.

SveaRike
Old 08-29-2005, 04:39 PM
Contributors

My Ride: -04 530D

Welcome CAAD!

Skaffa

Quick Reply: ED - Prague Side Trip